"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 732
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone know where i can get an bov adapter for for my 08 wrx. ive been looking like crazy ...

does anyone know where i can get an bov adapter for for my 08 wrx. ive been looking like crazy and i cant find one for a rs bov.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scar4life88 View Post
    does anyone know where i can get an bov adapter for for my 08 wrx. ive been looking like crazy and i cant find one for a rs bov.
    Your post hath scarred me for life.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Your post hath scarred me for life.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

BOV recirc question

Will I require and recirculation fitting for my BOV on my 02 wrx, whats the difference between a recirc and just plain out to atmosphere

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisneil5 View Post
    Will I require and recirculation fitting for my BOV on my 02 wrx, whats the difference between a recirc and just plain out to atmosphere
    Yes you do.

If you vent to atmosphere you will run rich on shifts because the air that's already been metered by the mass airflow sensor is being released from the intake tract and not injected into the combustion chambers.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

just wondering, is there a certain minimum length or distance where the recirc. hose must be to the MAF(T)? I know the closer to the turbo is better, right? but is there a possibility of being to close to the MAF?
    Last edited by MAD CRAZY STI; 08-06-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: bump

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    Dont waste the money..use the search function and search "intake silencer delete" this will get you the ricer pshhh sound you want
    The silencer delete wont make a bov sound. I have done it. If you want a bov and really like the hks one go for it. If you like it then its gonna worth it to you. If you want your turbo to sound loud get catless dp, a bov, and a short ram intake. Itll sound like an aftermarket turbo. But make sure you get a tune for the downpipe.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    The silencer delete wont make a bov sound. I have done it. If you want a bov and really like the hks one go for it. If you like it then its gonna worth it to you. If you want your turbo to sound loud get catless dp, a bov, and a short ram intake. Itll sound like an aftermarket turbo. But make sure you get a tune for the downpipe.
    That's not necessarily true. I did the silencer delete on my '03 and I can hear the BPV recirculate as long as there isn't a lot of road noise. I agree that you would need a BOV if you really want the full effect but the silencer delete does work. Even better with my K&N Filter (stock airbox).

Quote Originally Posted by loren83 View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I did the silencer delete on my '03 and I can hear the BPV recirculate as long as there isn't a lot of road noise. I agree that you would need a BOV if you really want the full effect but the silencer delete does work. Even better with my K&N Filter (stock airbox).
    Thats true. Its all about the intake and dp for sound i think.
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    I disagree.. I get asked all the damned time what kind of blow off valve I have.

I have a K&N intake, and a catted downpipe.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I disagree.. I get asked all the damned time what kind of blow off valve I have.

I have a K&N intake, and a catted downpipe.
    ditto. when I ran the silencer delete and K$N filter, you could hear my BPV quite clearly.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Its able to hear, but sounds nothing like a hks ssqv lol. I think any turbo'd vehicle with a TBE and intake will hear the spool very clearly, but i think he wants the chirp/sputter of the hks. Its why i like them alot too, a friend had an evo 8 with one and it REALLY turned heads.
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Its able to hear, but sounds nothing like a hks ssqv lol. I think any turbo'd vehicle with a TBE and intake will hear the spool very clearly, but i think he wants the chirp/sputter of the hks. Its why i like them alot too, a friend had an evo 8 with one and it REALLY turned heads.
    are evos speed-density?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991
    Its able to hear, but sounds nothing like a hks ssqv lol.
    That's because the SSQV sounds like a squeeling fart

Besides, the HKS valves are notorious for leaking.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

blow off valve help

hey whats up,
    so ive got a 2004 wrx and i just the put a samco intercooler kit on it. everything works great except the blow off valve makes a sort of flutter when i let go of the gas. mostly in second gear and third. also when the car is idleing there is a sort of sqealing sound that seems to be coming form the bov. please, any help would be appreciated.
    dan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.