"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 73
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 790 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; RFL should be renamed T FL (TOO FREAKIN' LOUD!)... It doesn't sound good on a street car IMHO. The HKS ...

RFL should be renamed TFL (TOO FREAKIN' LOUD!)... It doesn't sound good on a street car IMHO. The HKS SSQV is SWEET though!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RFL stands for Really *****in' Loud-- nuff said.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

kawshon

did the rfl make you have sluggish shifts? i want the HKS but i'm getting scared about these "sluggish shifts" i keep hearing.

I went through the same thinking process and choose the HKS. I've heard both but choose the SSBV. The sound is so mean. My car only has 400 miles on it and it doesn't feel any different. Wierd thing is my friend who helps out the skip barber racing school drove my car after the install and chirped going into second and I'm sure the blow off valve had nothing to do with it but it didn't do before that. As for the sluggish feel I can't say I am experiancing any problem just, I don't listen to the radio anymore because of the cool sound and turing heads every time I shift.
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar

need some help with a hks ssq bov

ok i purchased a use hks ssq bov but the guy who sold it to me had left the plug that come with the wrx kit in his wrx and had sold it with out taking it out so now iam stuck with a bov and no plug to close that intake hose. so my question is what do i do now? all your feed back helpful

Try contacting HKS USA to get a replacement. Or you can custom fab something yourself. Until then, keep your stocker on. Good luck.

Originally posted by ***biGRed***
    kawshon

did the rfl make you have sluggish shifts? i want the HKS but i'm getting scared about these "sluggish shifts" i keep hearing.
    I didnt have on the car long enough to really notice It's just too damn loud.

But like I said before, the HKS on my car, made it feel sluggish, but on another WRX, it feels fine. I dont really know why either.

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    i did quite a bit of searching and the only place other than ebay that sold them was rallyperformance.com and forgemotorsport.com
    where did you buy your forge bov from and how much? i looked at both links and was thinking scoobysport was better. could you let me know how the outcome is? i'm thinking of getting the 100% atmospheric bov. did you get the filler cap? thanks.

eddie

i got my bov from rallyperformance for $197...

i didn't get the oil filler cap...i'm all set with paying $50 for a damn cap....

it should be here tomorrow or tuesday...i'll let you know how it goes...
    Last edited by WRC_Obsessed; 02-16-2003 at 04:20 PM.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    right on obcessed. make sure you fill us in.
    and the rest of you with the Forge, is it still working out nicely?

Cool BOV

well my GFB is set to 50/50.. been that way since new, about 13000+miles and two years.. no probs to report to date...wish it was louder just for sound of course...

A 100% atmospheric venting BOV will cause the occasional backfire and tends to run the fueling richer than it already is as the ecu compensates for air thats no longer in the system. A hybrid setup that vents a percentage of air back into the intake and the rest atmospheric tends to work best. On standard tune vehicles this is the case.
    GF8 Family Wagon, IHI VF22, MoTeC, Cypher Industries, Holinger Engineering

www.perth-wrx.com

this true...however, it does seem that the forge doesn't have the issues that a typical 100% atm bov has...i will let you know if i run into any issues...

i also have an uppipe and turboback exhaust enroute right now...once i get that installed i will order up an ecutek reflash and make sure that the forge is taken into consideration...

so i should also see the difference between running the bov pre and post reflash...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Taz

Those with TXS Type H BOV...?....

Newbie here with a lil question...I just got a TXS type H BOV and would like to know how many spacers(washers) are you using.

up to now its the only thing that Im doing to the car since Im waiting for my uppipe, downpipe and MBC to come in.

all help is greattly appreciated(sp?)

I'm using 2. There is some flutter at low boost but otherwise it sounds great. It sounded much better after I put about 200 miles on it. At first there was a lot of flutter. Now it sounds just abou t perfect.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.