"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 720
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, let my start off by saying I'm new here, I just bought my first WRX last weekend. The previous ...

Hello, let my start off by saying I'm new here, I just bought my first WRX last weekend. The previous owner installed some things I don't really agree with which I am changing out for either stock or better replacements, one of these things is an HKS blowoff valve. From what I am reading here it sounds like I should go back to the stock bypass valve, the problem is I have been looking everywhere online for a week straight and I cannot find a single one, new or used anywhere. I don't want to go to the stealership because I know it will end up costing me more than if i just get a new aftermarket recirculating one, and since I'm a college student I'm kind of on a budget. Does anyone happen to know where I can find one? Believe me I have spent a good deal of time searching, I'm not new to forums so I know better than to ask before I have looked for myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd recommend going to Nasioc, finding your region, and post a for trade thread. Or contact one of the many local vendors and see if they have one laying around.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I'd recommend going to Nasioc, finding your region, and post a for trade thread. Or contact one of the many local vendors and see if they have one laying around.
    i'm starting to think i should've created an account over on that forum... all u see on this one is...

~go check out this link here: North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club
    ~"try nasioc they got everything u need!"

lol
    Last edited by Rogan; 09-06-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Do not dodge the swear filter.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI alpine white

I Support ClubWRX
    dont let the door hit'ya..

NASIOC has much more detailed info in the 'technical' area, and a larger base for used parts for sale, IMO. If you can put up with the BS.. Why post it twice :P

And most of us are members on both.

And do NOT dodge the swear filter.
    Last edited by Rogan; 09-06-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkenny View Post
    i'm starting to think i should've created an account over on that forum... all u see on this one is...

~go check out this link here: North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club
    ~"try nasioc they got everything u need!"

lol
    Not really sure what your issue is.

You asked a question and I gave you the a logical place to look.

The size of nasioc alone gives you a much more reasonable chance of getting the parts you need as their regional forums are usually very active.

Logic be damned...let's insult each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Not really sure what your issue is.

You asked a question and I gave you the a logical place to look.

The size of nasioc alone gives you a much more reasonable chance of getting the parts you need as their regional forums are usually very active.

Logic be damned...let's insult each other.

no i didn't ask a question... silversubie05 did

i'm just posting what i see here on this forum... its just wierd that this forum exists if everybody is on NASIOC??? why be on both? what is the point of doing that? when i bought my subaru i typed in subaru forums and this one popped up first. so i got an account on it...

i'm not in any way trying to be a **** or anything. its just a question guys? try to be an adult when you answer it and not a forum bully!

D!CK is bleeped out??? come on... i'm not trying to be an a$$ then!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    D!CK is bleeped out??? come on... i'm not trying to be an a$$ then!!!
    I hope you've enjoyed your stay.
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX

no i didn't ask a question... silversubie05 did

i'm just posting what i see here on this forum... its just wierd that this forum exists if everybody is on NASIOC??? why be on both? what is the point of doing that? when i bought my subaru i typed in subaru forums and this one popped up first. so i got an account on it...

i'm not in any way trying to be a **** or anything. its just a question guys? try to be an adult when you answer it and not a forum bully!
    Why be on both? because one is more 'laid back', but smaller. the other is off the hook with traffic, and full of trolls.
    Rogan o_0

Peachypumpkincheeks

Well, as a member of both communities, I'll tell why:

NASIOC has excellent resources and a vast information catalogue. You also have the ability to reach a lot more subie owners when trying to sell something, or you can find a lot more items for sale because the have so many members.

However, I usually feel lost or out of the loop on there, and when I do attempt to contribute, I'm met with arguements, flaming, or most of the time I'm just ignored. I consider ClubWRX my subie home because of the members here. They're a LOT more friendly, tolerant, and I feel like a valuable member, whereas on Nasioc I'm just a member number.

LOL even if some recent postings are contradictory to what I just said. I think those of us that have been burned by Nasioc in the past, tend to get a little sensitive when people bring up the topic.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

its nice to have 2 memberships mrkenny, if you are working on a particular problem or build or whatever it may be ppl on here will kno of your personal problem and remember whats going on with you. on NASIOC no one is going to remember or care about your problem, along with good info there will be more incorrect info there as well. i have my account there largely for buying parts because there are more available, but you also have a more likely chance of a scam with the massive amount of members.

its like living in a small town vs large city, if you like interacting with different ppl every time u do something then NASIOC may be for you. if you like getting used to ppl and knowing what they are all about then this may be a good place. ur choice kenny.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    its nice to have 2 memberships mrkenny, if you are working on a particular problem or build or whatever it may be ppl on here will kno of your personal problem and remember whats going on with you. on NASIOC no one is going to remember or care about your problem, along with good info there will be more incorrect info there as well. i have my account there largely for buying parts because there are more available, but you also have a more likely chance of a scam with the massive amount of members.

its like living in a small town vs large city, if you like interacting with different ppl every time u do something then NASIOC may be for you. if you like getting used to ppl and knowing what they are all about then this may be a good place. ur choice kenny.
    I was totally going to use the small suburban town vs. big city reference in my post. Nice write up, agree whole-heartedly.

BUT, you don't have to choose! You can be a member of both and get along just fine.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've been on NASIOC since before it was called NASIOC, for my thoughts read what I said in this thread: Nasioc = Dush bag central

It's a great place to buy and sell parts and a good place to link to existing threads from. For anything else, well....see my post in that thread above.

Ahmed, er Rogan, simma down naw.
    Last edited by brfatal; 09-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    BUT, you don't have to choose! You can be a member of both and get along just fine.
    good call, as ppl have mentioned, most ppl on here are on there too, so its all good.
    Last edited by The_Buck; 09-07-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Because most people on this forum do not feel they are elite or feel they need to stick to one forum for all their needs.

Both sites serve a distinct void in this community. If I need to buy a box of 5,000 razor blades I go to BJ Wholesale Club or Sams Club....if I need a jar of grape jelly I go to the local market.

Either way...on both forums you can communicate without using curse words or symbols which represent them....well maybe you cant but most can.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.