"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 72
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 790 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 11840

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Chris get the one that Clay has on his car. It sounds great and they are pretty cheap on ebay. ...

Chris get the one that Clay has on his car. It sounds great and they are pretty cheap on ebay. Forge When you coming back to H'ville
    - Jason

South East Region
    2002 Black and Bronze WRX

"hihihi" - R.I.P. Jonathan Braxton Hawkins -

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Osiris
    Chris get the one that Clay has on his car. It sounds great and they are pretty cheap on ebay. Forge When you coming back to H'ville
    Three times a week due to school on M/T/W

I was there last saturday. I'm anxious to get through some of this school; I'll have more time and more $$$ to make this car do what I want.

Forge it is.

Love my GFB BOV

I love it. I have it running at 100% vent to atmosphere. Idle is fine. It seems vents faster than the stock valve. The sound is very nice and crisp. So far i've noticed no problems with it.
    autobahn storming scooby

Is it the hybrid? do you want to sell the adapter to vent back into the intake? Mt car came with the GFB BOV and I want to vent it back into the intake but I dont have that adapter.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

yeah, it's the hybrid. However there's no way i'm selling my adaptor. Sorry, but who knows when i might need it... good luck trying to find one, i think it'll be tough. How much is Subaru charging for one?
    autobahn storming scooby

I didn't ask, I thought it was a GFB part. I was going to email them to see if they could get me one. I'll ask subaru later to day though,

Thanks

If you're talking about the elbow that brings the air back into the intake then it's a subaru part.
    autobahn storming scooby

I just called subaru and tehy didn't see it. The part I need is the peice that attaches to the underside of the BOV that allows you to hook up the return hose too. I belive it attaches to the BOV with 2 screws and then uses a hose clamp to secure the return hose.

Yeah that's a Subaru part. It doesn't come with the bov and it's already on the car attached to the stock bov. That's how the stock one recirculates it...
    autobahn storming scooby

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    argh i can't find forge anywhere! other than forgemotor.com, where did you get yours for cheap? none on ebay either.

i did quite a bit of searching and the only place other than ebay that sold them was rallyperformance.com and forgemotorsport.com
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

TXS RFL or HKS BOV which is louder?

I know a few of you on here have them or have heard them both, which do you think is the loudest?

Thanks,

Eric

heh, I had both, and the RFL is louder IMHO

cool thanks, any probs with that RFL that you couldn't put up with?

hmm...

just driving normal, shifting normal, that thing would blow off, like you revved it to 7k. It gets old real fast. I only had it on the car for like 4 hours.

They call it RFL for a reason

HKS is sweet, I dont know why I sold it, but anyway, it made 2 sounds. A low whoosh at low rpms, and a loud shreak at higer rpms. Very sweet BOV, but for me, it made shifting sluggish. Putting the stock bov back on, the difference was night and day.

My friend has the HKS as well, and when I drove his car, shifting is crisp and responsive. Like how my car feels with the stock BOV.

so...YMMV

Everyone seems to like the forge BOV here, I've never heard it, but the reviews here have nothing bad to say about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.