"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 719
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Honda not to be a fanboy.. but i dont think i've ever seen a turboed honda thats ...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    not to be a fanboy.. but i dont think i've ever seen a turboed honda thats slow...
    I raced a turbo'd Integra GS-R in Englishtown...I think he ran a 14.7? Thats not really fast considering I ran a 16.9 in a stock Integra LS w/Auto...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It's a direct swap out. Its two bolts. Do you really need a guide?
    the hardest part of the swap is taking that plug out of the recirculating hose
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I guess I just need to hunt down a BPV then...

If you get a Dual BOV, it will not harm the car. Atmospheric BOV are not worth the long term harm. I have a Recirculating BOV and is working great. It does realese some pressure that is not needed. Turbosmart BOV Dual is the safest out of all i have researched.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    not to be a fanboy.. but i dont think i've ever seen a turboed honda thats slow...
    at our dragsptrip here in my town there was this little honda civic 2 door that always went. He was constantly pulling high 15's (probably just ur basic bolt ons and good shifting... hell i don't know anything about those little cars)
    anyways...
    so all of a sudden he stopped going for about 3 weeks. then what do u know there he is again with a monster fmic and his happy little vta bov!!!

I laughed so hard when the car popped all the way down the track and the best time of his night was a low 16!!!!!!!
    DAH HA AHAH

they dumb **** thought you could just throw a kit on without any tune or nothing and be f&f fast!!! lol

sorry if i wasted time with my story i think its funny and thought the time was appropriate!!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI alpine white

Honda

That guy didn't know the power of b20 vtec!

13 second 1/4 mile times all motor man.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by mrkenny View Post
    at our dragsptrip here in my town there was this little honda civic 2 door that always went. He was constantly pulling high 15's (probably just ur basic bolt ons and good shifting... hell i don't know anything about those little cars)
    anyways...
    so all of a sudden he stopped going for about 3 weeks. then what do u know there he is again with a monster fmic and his happy little vta bov!!!

I laughed so hard when the car popped all the way down the track and the best time of his night was a low 16!!!!!!!
    DAH HA AHAH

they dumb **** thought you could just throw a kit on without any tune or nothing and be f&f fast!!! lol

sorry if i wasted time with my story i think its funny and thought the time was appropriate!!!
    Haha that is funny!

I mean not to ever knock a Honda...my roommate as a JDM Integra Type R conversion, from the entire interior down to the entire front end. He had cams and all sorts of bolt ons installed and he's pushing 220whp and 175wtq...car is quick as hell and sounds great. I used to have an Integra LS and loved that little car. And I even raced a newer style Civic SI with a Jackson SC on it and it ran a 13.6...great cars come from Honda/Acura world. But for some reason, many (NOT ALL!!!) drivers think their little Hondas are the be-all end-all of performance sport compacts. Its that stigma that kills that end of the car world
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I raced a turbo'd Integra GS-R in Englishtown...I think he ran a 14.7? Thats not really fast considering I ran a 16.9 in a stock Integra LS w/Auto...
    Haha that is funny!

I mean not to ever knock a Honda...my roommate as a JDM Integra Type R conversion, from the entire interior down to the entire front end. He had cams and all sorts of bolt ons installed and he's pushing 220whp and 175wtq...car is quick as hell and sounds great. I used to have an Integra LS and loved that little car. And I even raced a newer style Civic SI with a Jackson SC on it and it ran a 13.6...great cars come from Honda/Acura world. But for some reason, many (NOT ALL!!!) drivers think their little Hondas are the be-all end-all of performance sport compacts. Its that stigma that kills that end of the car world
    as many of you may know, prior to my WRX, I had a turbo B18C1 in a '96 civic hatch.. At 10psi, on bone stock CR and internals, The car made 310whp, and was extremely quick. 12s were a walk in the park for the car. Only 'mods' were T3/T04E 50trim, 10psi, ebay FMIC w/custom piping, 450cc DSM injectors, Bosch 044 pump, Vortech 12:1 RRFPR, Aquamist meth/h2o injectionw through a .6mm nozzle, and OpenSource tuning via ODB1 converted ecu using Uberdata software.
    My friend's gold '97 GSR ( built it from ground up, pictures and mentions are on this forum, search if you like) was a B18C1 with GT35R, 1000cc, Hondata 300, and more, with factory ITR trans and DSS axles. Made 445whp @ 18psi, ran a 12.1 @ 119 on 225-35-18s..
    They aren't torque-monsters, but should not be taken lightly, either

Yes, at 310, the civic felt quicker/faster than my 400+whp WRX. And it got 36-38mpg, in the process.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    as many of you may know, prior to my WRX, I had a turbo B18C1 in a '96 civic hatch.. At 10psi, on bone stock CR and internals, The car made 310whp, and was extremely quick. 12s were a walk in the park for the car. Only 'mods' were T3/T04E 50trim, 10psi, ebay FMIC w/custom piping, 450cc DSM injectors, Bosch 044 pump, Vortech 12:1 RRFPR, Aquamist meth/h2o injectionw through a .6mm nozzle, and OpenSource tuning via ODB1 converted ecu using Uberdata software.
    My friend's gold '97 GSR ( built it from ground up, pictures and mentions are on this forum, search if you like) was a B18C1 with GT35R, 1000cc, Hondata 300, and more, with factory ITR trans and DSS axles. Made 445whp @ 18psi, ran a 12.1 @ 119 on 225-35-18s..
    They aren't torque-monsters, but should not be taken lightly, either

Yes, at 310, the civic felt quicker/faster than my 400+whp WRX. And it got 36-38mpg, in the process.
    Ahh but nowhere did I say that there weren't those awesome little Civics and Integras that had all the legit work done to them by such knowledgeable car folk as you, Rick

What is cool is that doing that kind of stuff legit, is what makes modding a Honda/Acura really cool and fun. Bolt ons and noise makers are one thing, but taking an otherwise 1.6 and 1.8L econobox and legitimately making it fast is a whole different ball game

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout01 View Post
    If you get a Dual BOV, it will not harm the car. Atmospheric BOV are not worth the long term harm. I have a Recirculating BOV and is working great. It does realese some pressure that is not needed. Turbosmart BOV Dual is the safest out of all i have researched.
    u my friend dont know jack
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    u my friend dont know jack
    I know Jack! He's a good dude!

^^^

I agree with that guy 100%.
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 08-28-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Ahh but nowhere did I say that there weren't those awesome little Civics and Integras that had all the legit work done to them by such knowledgeable car folk as you, Rick

What is cool is that doing that kind of stuff legit, is what makes modding a Honda/Acura really cool and fun. Bolt ons and noise makers are one thing, but taking an otherwise 1.6 and 1.8L econobox and legitimately making it fast is a whole different ball game
    I like your way of thinking buddy.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.