"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 71
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 789 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 11830

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i ordered it from rallyperformance for 0 (YIKES!)...the only other place i saw them available is directly from forge....they charge ...

i ordered it from rallyperformance for $190 (YIKES!)...the only other place i saw them available is directly from forge....they charge $150 but that doesn't include shipping and customs from the UK...

i figured that i have a fat tax return check coming and i can swing it
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/subar...duct=FMDVSUB01

Is this the right one? It says 2001 but looks identical to the one we have been talking about, and it is only $150 here, or is this the UK site? Even so, I could not imagine shipping fromt he UK could be more than $20, so $170 seems like a good deal.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I've been thinking about getting one too, however the idea of running into 'problems' scares my wallet too

After reading this thread I am seriously thinking obout getting a Forge 100%ATM one. I've done a few searches and only read good thing about it.

A friend of mine just got a GFB StealthFX BOV. It's adjustable from 100% rec. to 100% atm. We had it set at 100% atm and had stumble problems. We backed it off to about 80/20 and the car ran great, no problems at all. Fitment was a PITA, the horn on the atm side blocks the bolt holes in the flange. We had to make a notch in the horn just to get the bolts in Other than the fitment problems and the fact that is cost $260, it is a nice bov.

Here is a link to the StealthFX http://www.spimotorsports.com/Catalo...ov_1839874.htm
    Last edited by bdoug; 02-11-2003 at 03:10 PM.
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

yup...that's the same one i just ordered today...

this is what they say about shipping cost...

PLEASE NOTE: Prices do not include shipping. You will be contacted to confirm shipping cost BEFORE your card is charged. Prices shown are in US $ but your card will be debited in UK at the current rate of exchange. Products may be subject to a US Customs Charge. If you have any questions or concerns please call FORGE on +44 1452 380999

i didn't feel like dealing with all that...and who knows how long it will take to get here...i am just impatient
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I had a GFB 50/50 and noticed decrease in throttle response, intermittent hesitations, etc. The noise was cool, but wasn't worth the grief.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I have the forge, and am VERY happy with it.

That was the first mod I did, and haven't had any problems in like 3000 miles.

The only "problem" i have now is that I put on a TXS stealthback and stromung axle back and now the BOV isn't as loud as i would like

i just installed my GFB bov (set to 100% atm) It's running fine, haven't driven far yet so can't say definitively.
    autobahn storming scooby

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    yah, im kinda divided on this too. some (GFB) willingly say that when set to 100% atmosphere, it will cause trouble, yet the Forge100% apparently doesn't. now i see the GFB 50/50 causes problems? and MRT suggests using a BOV that recycles to the intake. could the mere differences in product design give such different results? i really wanna BOV yet am hesitant for the above reasons. leaning toward the Forge though, everyone here that has it says only good things about it. can anyone answer my above questions?

RexMobbin, it appears that your question and my concerns are identical.

I guess it's like the old question about how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-roll pop.

The world may never know
    Custom 3" cat back and an f'ing BOV.

Not having cash is a beautiful thing, if you're into slow, stock cars.

joe...if you order it from the forge website lemme know what you end up paying...just curious...
    -Brian

well i ordered my forge 100% atm today and i will add my observations to the forge thread that can be found here in engine performance...
    -Brian

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Ive been running the new TurboXS RFL since saturday and not one single problem. Getting the same gas milage, and some smoothness. Only bov's I would get would be the blitz, HKS and the TurboXS RFL. Its said those are the 3 loudest

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

I must admit, that bov sounds amazing. But my turboxs RFL will do me fine. I hope someone local gets it. Tunnel run

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i don't really want it THAT loud, ya know? i want it loud enough to be heard by passengers, and maybe other cars, but not so loud that people 2 blocks away can hear, don't wanna attract any negative attention-too much anyway...like our boys in blue.
    i really liked the forge, phreeze, how loud is that RFL? that stands for Really Fukkin Loud, right? well is it?

HONESTLY, I think its the perfect loudness! But then again, I'm young so maybe thats what I want. Not in my exhaust though But I love the RFL. It is loud. My friend says is really damn loud from the outside. I love it though. If your gonna have a bov, better make sure people can hear it. If not then no point of spending money on it But again, I still con say I'm in love with the sound of the Forge. Dont they guarentee no problems?

Jason

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.