"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 708

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanted to know if anyone know where i can get the factory blow off valve outlet or where can ...

factory bov

I wanted to know if anyone know where i can get the factory blow off valve outlet or where can i buy it at? I would really really appreciate if anyone can help me. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

People are selling the factory pieces on eBay all the time, really cheap. Also, used car lots with junkers for parts sometimes have them. May I ask what you would do that for? You can get an adapter for like $40 and mount a good BPV on there. GoFastBits or something like that. They are fully recirced, look like really top line machinery, blend in well in a clean engine compartment, and do the job of the entire factory BPV much more smoothly. I use a GReddyRS Recirc that works exactly like the stock one, but does not leak at the gasket, since it is billet, and can be tightened a bit more (Grade 9 bolts). I believe most of the better valves are billet or stainless steel.

Are you selling it, or tired of the BOV? A recirc aftermarket one is the best way to go no matter what. Later, someone else can upgrade the turbo and intercooler, and be ready with the valve.

Bov

It's because i just bought a BOV that requires the outlet in order for me to plug that one hose on it. Or else that hose that suppose to be plug on that outlet will be loose in the car.
    Last edited by yeap1980; 07-03-2009 at 03:29 PM.

BOV theard - please merge

hey whats im a vermonter who just bought a 02 wrx wagon so i could keep up with my friends sedan .... i want to put a bov on my car. well been looking around doing a lil research just to find that putting one in if you dont have an upgraded turbo is a bad idea. ppl say the car already has one the best thing to do is a intake a tune the one you have???? is this true??

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your stock bypass valve works just fine. It doesn't need to be replaced at this point.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by danfizzle88 View Post
    hey whats im a vermonter who just bought a 02 wrx wagon so i could keep up with my friends sedan .... i want to put a bov on my car. well been looking around doing a lil research just to find that putting one in if you dont have an upgraded turbo is a bad idea. ppl say the car already has one the best thing to do is a intake a tune the one you have???? is this true??
    Hello, welcome. You don't need to buy anything as stated. The forum has a huge thread on BOVs, and all questions about them are merged into that thread. Here is a link to that thread: "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) Have a look at that and also look around all the sticky threads etc. In a few hours this thread will have been merged onto the Big BOV Thread, so you can follow any responses there if need be.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you'd like the sound of a BOV without the negative repercussions... get a Short Ram Intake. You'd be surprised. They really do sound amazing. K&N is my favorite, with SPT a close second.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

really makes me rethink that whole bov thing

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djbizkets View Post
    really makes me rethink that whole bov thing
    good to hear
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    get a Short Ram Intake.
    any brand you would recommended? injen? aem?...?

I Support ClubWRX
    Only K&N or SPT

I like K&N
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

So i was told by the local wrx garage that a BOV is completely safe on a non stock turbo and intercooler with a tune, i dont want one myself, i told them i wasnt sure how true that was but they said it was for sure. now on a stock i know it is bad, is what im hearing true?
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

i also like the K&N, its all i'v ran and its been great.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    So i was told by the local wrx garage that a BOV is completely safe on a non stock turbo and intercooler with a tune, i dont want one myself, i told them i wasnt sure how true that was but they said it was for sure. now on a stock i know it is bad, is what im hearing true?
    No.... No.. No.. Noooo.....

He is dead wrong.

If you convert your ECU to read MAP instead of MAF... then you're fine. If you put the MAF AFTER the BOV, and get tuned for it.. you're fine.

If you keep the BOV and MAF in the same place... your WRX "Garage" is full of crap.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    i also like the K&N, its all i'v ran and its been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Only K&N or SPT

I like K&N
    kool thanks