"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 70
Page 70 of 788 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 11815

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had it, it sounds really ,,,,,, good. ( or bad, depends on the taste, it is a high pitch ...

I had it, it sounds really ,,,,,, good. ( or bad, depends on the taste, it is a high pitch whistle )
    I got rid of it because my car suffered poort gas milage ( like it is going to make much different with my set up ) and jerkyness between shifts ( my girlfriend hates it so bad she refused to get into my car )
    there is this one post about the hks exhaust, you can hear the HKS ssqv in the short video.
    quality wise is great, also a great engine dress up mod.
    good luck
    SL
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

is this the same BOV that you are all talking about?

http://www.rallyperformance.com/engi...RGE dump valve

rallyperformance has it for $190...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

yep, that's the one.
    that is the most i've seen it cost though
    i paid 109 for mine
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

ok...i just wanted to make sure that they were overpriced...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I'm definatly getting one of these. I wanted a BOV, but a lot of people say most of them cause performance issues. I'm glad this one doesn't and it sounds ballsy. =)

How is the install? I know it's just bolt on, but it there anything I should know about? Can I just tighten the bolts or do they have to be at a certain torque?

yeah just tighten them so they're snug (so you know they won't fall out) and don't forget to put the vacuum line back on.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Okay, final question from me...how loud is it when compared to say, a Blitz or HKS? Is it loud enough for people on the sidewalk to hear?

I just wanna make sure it can be heard over my exhaust...hehe
    It's louder than the Type-H and gives a more sustained duration vent. It also does not flutter at low vent pressures like the TurboXS unit does.

I had it on my car and for some reason it would not vent with my setup (altitude? TMIC?), but I've heard it on other local cars and it sounds great.

-Pace

Originally posted by is2scooby
    The v2 was revised to increase clearance between the intercooler and a/c lines (v1 had NONE ) and to allow for (some) aftermarket BOV's to be installed. Plus it's nice and shiny with improved end tanks and is lighter.
    I see...thanks
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

And here is that thread

Help me find pic of HKS exhaust
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

i just heard the sound clip and i think i will order one tomorrow...it sounds sweet
    -Brian

its making the longer and louder sound because 100% of the air is coming out... so the gate opens for a longer time.....

u should set it at 50/50... u probably will have to buy a stock BOV... take off the pipe that connects to the recirc. hose and dont forget the black O-ring either... and take off the side cap of the GFB BOV and connect the recirc. pipe and hose onto it....

it has also been argued on this board that 100% vent could actually hurt your performance....

I bought the SSQV yesterday and I love the way it sounds.

Thank you guys for your help in making my selection.
    03 Blk WRX
    COBB Stg 2

60' 1.800
    1/4 13.4 @ 100mph (Before Cobb)

Has there been a conclusion made about 100% atmosphere BOV's?!

With tax season rolling around, I'd really like to put a little money into my car. A BOV is one of the things that I want. A lot of purists say that "the stock one will hold boost up until 20 psi" or whatever, and I am aware of this. I just want the cheap thrill of the sound

I read one thread like this and a guy talks about the normal problems of decreased gas mileage, stumbling etc.

Before that I read a thread like this where everything is fine.

I'm torn.

Has anyone found what will determine whether or not you will have problems? Or is the general consensus that you just have to spend the money and find out?

well...i just put my order in today and should have it in a couple days....woohoo!!!
    -Brian

Where and how much? I looked around and they seemed to retail for $150-200, but they were on ebay last week for $109,does not look anymore are up for bid, and I would much rather pay the lower price.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.