"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 697

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lytlec So after reading this...I really want to take my hybrid bov off and put my BPV ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    So after reading this...I really want to take my hybrid bov off and put my BPV back on....I had it on for a while after I put the intake and exhaust on and you still hear the "cool" sound...its just not quite as loud....I got my car tuned with the hybrid on...I am only pushing about 18psi..if I put my BPV back on will this cause any problems...since it was tuned with the bov?
    Do you have your tuning graphs? If there are peaks or valleys at the shift points after the final tune, then you might want to have it re-tuned...it also depends on the factors used during the tune. Overall, it shouldn't have an impact and you should be able to run fine on it. My suggestion would be to contact your tuner and ask them.

Theoretically, worst case scenario is that you had periods of rich A/F's during your shifting, and if the tuner compensated for this (doubtful, but possible), then you could now have periods of lean A/F during shifting. It also depends on your EMS method. Cobb AP? Chipped? Piggybacks tend allow the stock ECU settings free reign for compensation on fluctuations in A/F, so if this is your case, you'll be fine. If not, again, contact your tuner to be sure, and be sure to ask him questions along these lines.

I wouldn't worry too much though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Super big question need help asap

Sup fellas i just put a greddy type rs bov on my 09 wrx and im haveing some problems with it shutting off on me like when i stop or hold the clutch in while in motion. Anyone kno what i can do to fix that help would be amazing thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by 09ScoobyWhite View Post
    Sup fellas i just put a greddy type rs bov on my 09 wrx and im haveing some problems with it shutting off on me like when i stop or hold the clutch in while in motion. Anyone kno what i can do to fix that help would be amazing thank you all
    Ya take off the Greddy BOV and put the stocker back on.

The Greddy RS can be set up to VTA (vent to the atmosphere) or recirculate. How did you set it up?

B/c VTA is bad for your engine and will throw off your AFR. Regardless the BOV has practicially no benefit to you so go back to stock (unless your pushing major boost/20PSI+).

Also I suggest you carefully read these threads:

1) http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...foramtion.html

2) "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Next time please do some research before you buy parts.
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 03-27-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sure, take it off and put the old one back on.

I Support ClubWRX
    The answer is already given above. However, you might want to consider something:

Makers spent a tremendous amount of time, money, and resources to design products that are capable of withstanding reasonable use for at least the warranty period (if not, the maker takes on the expense -- so the incentive is there to makes stuff last at least that long; longer still if you consider that a reputation is difficult to obtain and easy to lose and no manufacturer wants to lose theirs). Why use unauthorized parts on a brand-new car, particularly if they address absolutely no need whatsoever and yield absolutely no benefit whatsoever?

Doesn't it make more sense to use authentic Subaru parts when needed, and leave well enough alone when not?

The 09 is a great car. Keep meticulous maintenance records, follow the book to the letter and I'd expect you to be thrilled with it.

WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

If y ou want to keep using it you are gonna have to tighten up the spring inside. It is staying open at idle and that is causing the car to die.

^correct, just wut he said, but if u tighten it too much then ur bov is gonna have a fludder sound and that will cause compressor surge which is not good, so when u hear that just loosen the screw up just a bit until the flutter is gone

Well, I took my hybrid bov off and put the BPV back on...I am glad I did. Now I don't know what to do with the thing....should I hold on to it or should I try and sell it...???

I Support ClubWRX
    sellsellsell

you took it off, car runs better... why keep it?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Yeah...I'm thinking into the future though...what If I some day get a bigger tmic and a bigger turbo...and I end up boosting over 20 psi...hell I hit 17-18psi now...

I Support ClubWRX
    then keep it, put it on later, and deal with the problems that arise, at that time.
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    then keep it, put it on later, and deal with the problems that arise, at that time.
    Well since BOV's casuse all kinds of problems...do they make BPV's that can support higher boost levels?! If they do then hell yeah I am gonna sell it and when that time comes I will just get a better BPV...makes the most sense!!

I Support ClubWRX
    FORGE has a really nice BPV. all billet

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
    Rogan o_0

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Well, I took my hybrid bov off and put the BPV back on...I am glad I did. Now I don't know what to do with the thing....should I hold on to it or should I try and sell it...???
    What hybrid BOV did you have? And did it run better when you put the stocker back on? I have the GFB hybrid and haven't had any problems for the past 4-5 months but I'm all kinds of worried about leaks now that I'm doing all this reading...

I had the turbo xs hybrid on my WRX...the main reason I took it off was because of all the reading I was doing...plus...I kind of grew out of the pssst sound...I thought I liked it from hearing it on other cars..but I realized that was when I was in highschool....I'm not a big fan of it anymore! Plus I am pretty sure it wasn't adjusted right since I just put it on and didnt make any adjustments...ha..I honestly can't tell if it runs better with or without though...