"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 690

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by gprwrx Nope no negative effects. I did this to my car like the 3rd day I bought ...

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Nope no negative effects. I did this to my car like the 3rd day I bought it. Not one problem since. And PS. I wouldent let my little brother drive my wrx to impress his friends. Bad things happen that way.

Thank you very much man, and nah im not letting him drive my car free willingly but he got his permit, and agreed pay 3,000$ of it, in return to teach my brother how to drive stick. So i let him drive to his friends house or if he needs to get somewhere. But word, thank you very much man! Sounds easy although i must admit im a little nervous about ****ing with the car, since it is my first car
    You put a bunch of money into a raggedy ass car, in the end you got yourself an expensive raggedy ass car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by habitatxskate View Post
    w.e. 70 bucks for something to keep me entertained... but instead of saying i'm wrong.. explain it?

dhbamby.. this is a recirculating from what i've been reading..
    do u see the huge bell looking thing on the left hand side in that pic u posted??? thats wat vents... exactly how mine looked....unless you have an adapter and recirc hose, wich i dont even know if they make? any who read "the big BOV thread" all your anwsers are there....
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Atmospheric BOV ftl.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

balls.. fabrication FTW lmao

and idc if someone tells me i'm wrong but just explain it or you come off as a ****head

I Support ClubWRX
    Or you can take the time to search instead of waiting for someone to tell you why you shouldnt put a cheap crappy BOV on your vehicle.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Or you can take the time to search instead of waiting for someone to tell you why you shouldnt put a cheap crappy BOV on your vehicle.
    Personal initiative/responsibility FTW!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by Arubiccube View Post
    Thank you very much man, and nah im not letting him drive my car free willingly but he got his permit, and agreed pay 3,000$ of it, in return to teach my brother how to drive stick. So i let him drive to his friends house or if he needs to get somewhere. But word, thank you very much man! Sounds easy although i must admit im a little nervous about ****ing with the car, since it is my first car
    Its hard to mess this mod up.. You'll be fine.
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Ahhh classic BOV Thread entertainment FTW
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by gprwrx View Post
    Its hard to mess this mod up.. You'll be fine.
    again many thanks
    You put a bunch of money into a raggedy ass car, in the end you got yourself an expensive raggedy ass car

blow off valves

hey. Anyone out their no of a good recirc. Bov for my 05 dub?
    I also wanna no if I go with a recerculating bov it won't make my car run rich between shifts right?
    I no a lot of people say they are a waste of money because their is really no performance gain with the valve itself,but I want to be able to hear it LOL .(that sounds so gay). But any advice would be xtremely helpful thanks.

Blow Off Valves

Quote Originally Posted by dubrx05 View Post
    I also wanna no if I go with a recerculating bov it won't make my car run rich between shifts right?
    I no a lot of people say they are a waste of money because their is really no performance gain with the valve itself,but I want to be able to hear it LOL .(that sounds so gay). But any advice would be xtremely helpful thanks.
    It really isn't so gay. The advantage to being able to hear the BOV is to know that it is functioning properly, since it is an unfiltered and unmaintained system, there has to be some indicator that it is working right. Having a nice sound that is issued identically at each shift or deceleration is confidence inspiring. My post on BOVs was asking if they are universal as far as mounting, and whether sequential is better, recirc is better, or free-flow/full recirc is better. Still no response to my post either... If I find out, I will PM you, and when we have our junk together, we can be the masters of this topic! I am already building a few packs of info on some available BOVs that fit our cars directly (turbo EJ20). It seems the best we can get is HKS, though Tial is close, possibly better, and it seems to depend on what you want. Perrin, though they are superior in many ways for most mods, seems to make a "not-so-well-liked" BOV, and it does kinda look crummy by comparison... a Mylar decal instead of a Billet plate? Nah, so far I am going toward HKS. I will, as I said, let you know what I find when getting spendy finally happens. By then I will know my stuff on this topic, and not just sound like some guy who wants to help without knowing what he is doing... (me).

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0
    It seems the best we can get is HKS, though Tial is close, possibly better, and it seems to depend on what you want.
    I hope you're not referring to the HKS SSQV, because that is nowhere near the best

Quote Originally Posted by dubrx05
    An aftermarket BPV will sound like the OEM one. The extra noise comes from removing the intake snorkus from the fender well, adding an intake, or having a VTA blow-off-valve.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    It really isn't so gay. The advantage to being able to hear the BOV is to know that it is functioning properly, since it is an unfiltered and unmaintained system, there has to be some indicator that it is working right. Having a nice sound that is issued identically at each shift or deceleration is confidence inspiring. My post on BOVs was asking if they are universal as far as mounting, and whether sequential is better, recirc is better, or free-flow/full recirc is better. Still no response to my post either... If I find out, I will PM you, and when we have our junk together, we can be the masters of this topic! I am already building a few packs of info on some available BOVs that fit our cars directly (turbo EJ20). It seems the best we can get is HKS, though Tial is close, possibly better, and it seems to depend on what you want. Perrin, though they are superior in many ways for most mods, seems to make a "not-so-well-liked" BOV, and it does kinda look crummy by comparison... a Mylar decal instead of a Billet plate? Nah, so far I am going toward HKS. I will, as I said, let you know what I find when getting spendy finally happens. By then I will know my stuff on this topic, and not just sound like some guy who wants to help without knowing what he is doing... (me).

I find it very curious that among the myriad of things for which there is no "indicator" on your car, you would need or want to specifically have an "indicator" for this. Additionally, I don't understand your stated reason for wanting an after market BOV as hearing a BOV venting to the atmosphere would be an indication that the system is NOT operating as it was designed.

Honestly, to fully answer you question as to which is "better" would require you to define "better". IMHO "recirc" would be the "better" (as I define it) aftermarket solution because it would most closely match the OEM BVP and should not create the rich condition issues that will be present with a BOV that vents to the atmosphere. However, you would not hear the "Ppsssh" sound so attractive to many fans of the fast & furious movies. So IMHO, putting on an after market BOV that is a recirc on a stock turbo set up, would NOT seem to be a great investment to me as it would net practically no benefit.

Regardless, I wish luck with your quest to be a subject matter expert on BOVs. Additionally, I would suggest you take some time to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrx05 View Post
    A recirc valve will likely not get you the sound you are looking for. The "snorkus delete" option may be something you would find helpful. I also ask you to avoid using the term "gay" as a pejorative. Given the law of averages I am quite sure we have gay members and I doubt they appreciate their orientation being maligned in this manner.

Please explore the links in my signature
    -The J