"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 688
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX ...not to mention the hks ssqv bov is atmospheric, not really a good idea it causes ...

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    ...not to mention the hks ssqv bov is atmospheric, not really a good idea it causes you to run rich between shifts...
    Fixed...
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha thanks brain fart
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    i'd go with a recirculating bov[ ex. perrin Perrin Recirculating Blow off Valve (BOV) Kit for 02-07 WRX & 04-09 STi, JSC Speed Inc. ]if you were to upgrade.

i have this one ^, and i dont recommend it. i blew it apart, because the two retaining bolts that hold the valve to the... uh, connecting triangle plate..., worked themselves loose.

just driving around under moderate boost, and BANG! car does a nose dive, idle is all whacked, nearly stalling. popped the hood - sho'nuff, that thing was in two pieces.

get an APS twin vent 50/50. theyre teh sex.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

looking for 09 wrx blow of valve

im looking for BOV for 09 wrx. i just got my car and im new to the subaru world. is it good to put BOV or not

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    no. your stock BPV is fine

read this:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html

read this:

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

read this:
    Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

there are plenty of usefull mods you can invest your money into. read the links above and make your decision from there

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Hks ssqv bov

Ok so i have been thinking of getting the hks ssqv bov for my 02 wrx. I have heard a few different stories about it now. I heard that i should not get it because i will run rich between shifts and backfire. I have also heard that it wont hurt my performance at all, it is strictly for the sound. There is not extra performance unless i'm running alot of boost. I do like this type of bov. The sound is sick. Advice would be helpful

Thanks

You answered your own question. Assuming you're stock, atmospheric bov's will cause you to run rich after letting air outside the system and might cause you to stall at full stops or letting off the throttle totally after pushing it hard. Ultimately its your choice, run it if you want to but you know the consequences. The stock diversion valve should be fine.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I've head of people getting 50/50 recirc/atmospheric blow off valves. Get all the sweet noise without running lean (supposedly). i'm currently looking into getting one but i haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ok so i have been thinking of getting the hks ssqv bov for my 02 wrx. I have heard a few different stories about it now. I heard that i should not get it because i will run rich between shifts and backfire. I have also heard that it wont hurt my performance at all, it is strictly for the sound. There is not extra performance unless i'm running alot of boost. I do like this type of bov. The sound is sick. Advice would be helpful

Thanks

i know hks makes a ssqv kit that comes with a recirc. adapter with it. its on their web site. if you want that bov get that kit then if it is killing your car, through on the recirc. kit. but then you will loose the bov sound.......however you will still have some.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthang View Post
    im looking for BOV for 09 wrx. i just got my car and im new to the subaru world. is it good to put BOV or not
    Have one for a decent price send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by V10Climber View Post
    I've head of people getting 50/50 recirc/atmospheric blow off valves. Get all the sweet noise without running lean (supposedly). i'm currently looking into getting one but i haven't quite made up my mind yet.
    That's about half true. Since about half the air is being released and half is going back into the system, you'll get half the noise and half the richness.

If you still wanna go for it, GFB (go fast bits) seems to be a popular brand 50/50 for wrx's.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

the stock bpv is good up to 20 psi. while you do run rich using fully atmospheric bov's between shifts its not going to blow your car up. a reccirculating bov is better for your car unless your tuned for the atmospheric.

but read this and make your decision.

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

bov

what is a good afetermaket bov for a wrx that wont make it run rich or anything and wont mess anything up?

Quote Originally Posted by dubrx05 View Post
    what is a good afetermaket BPV for a wrx that wont make it run rich or anything and wont mess anything up?
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

I Support ClubWRX
    Merged.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.