"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 687
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i believe im purchasing a TYPE-H/ RFL BOV Blow off tomorrow and was wondering if anyone who has had ...

Need Advice Plz

So i believe im purchasing a TYPE-H/ RFL BOV Blow off tomorrow and was wondering if anyone who has had it, heard it thinks its a good bov? any feedback would be great im getting it for like 60 brand new
    ~Only One~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yup good luck with the hesitation, wacky a/f ratios/running rich, and don't forget the 160$ for a new font o2 Sensor after you ruin yours , oh yah and the rpm spike inbetween shifts

But overall it's a great great BOV, they at all amazing for wrxs
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by Donkey; 10-27-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by NjBuGeyEdWRX View Post
    everything you need comes with the bov. i highly reccomend you do not get and atmospheric bov and get a reccircualting bov like the stock one ex. perrins reccirculating bov
    fyi, you might have fitment issues with the perrin recirc on a tmic. its reeeeeeally tight.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin15 View Post
    So i believe im purchasing a TYPE-H/ RFL BOV Blow off tomorrow and was wondering if anyone who has had it, heard it thinks its a good bov? any feedback would be great im getting it for like 60 brand new
    60 bucks wasted, pimpin, especially on these cars.. have you not read this thread (any of it? )
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

BOV install

my hks ssqv bov is coming in two days and i may need instructions on putting it in incase i get stuck..any help??

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at ScoobyMods - they have a lot of install guides
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post

i'll also assume you researched BOV's before you purchased one

+1. theres really no reason for an aftermarket bov. not to mention the hks ssqv bov is atmospheric, not really a good idea it causes you to run lean between shifts. i'd go with a recirculating bov[ ex. perrin Perrin Recirculating Blow off Valve (BOV) Kit for 02-07 WRX & 04-09 STi, JSC Speed Inc. ]if you were to upgrade.

but this is up to you and its your choice but i suggest you look into it alittle more before you go and install.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

ive had this bov and it made my car run like doo doo.....get a recirc....im tryin to find one myself but my FMIC came with this greddy and i dont know which BPV will work since the flange looks tiny
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by tfoles18 View Post
    my hks ssqv bov is coming in two days and i may need instructions on putting it in incase i get stuck..any help??
    Actually fastening the BOV to the inter cooler is the easy part. The old one comes off, the new one goes on. Removing the stock recirc hose is most likely going to be a huge PITA.

The important part, which neither of the above linked threads mentioned, is setting up the valve with the correct spring tension so it doesn't leak. Hopefully it comes with a manual to tell you how to do this.

Turbosmarts FTW.
    VF30 powered 02 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Actually fastening the BOV to the inter cooler is the easy part. The old one comes off, the new one goes on. Removing the stock recirc hose is most likely going to be a huge PITA.

The important part, which neither of the above linked threads mentioned, is setting up the valve with the correct spring tension so it doesn't leak. Hopefully it comes with a manual to tell you how to do this.
    you can just plug the recirc hose with the appropraite size cap....bust out the old flash lights and size up the removible caps on em....
    MY Mods...

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    you can just plug the recirc hose with the appropraite size cap....bust out the old flash lights and size up the removible caps on em....
    I see, so you don't have to remove the hose from the turbo inlet; that's good cause that clamp was installed by the devil himself.

Haha yeah that clamp is wicked, took me an hour to rotate it and remove it when. Did my turbo inlet
    MY Mods...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.