"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 685
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have an 02 wrx with a top mount intercooler and i cant figure out which bov to buy. it ...

Angry which bov is best for me?

i have an 02 wrx with a top mount intercooler and i cant figure out which bov to buy. it looks like the ones ive seen wouldnt work but not really sure. it looks like they would mount but i see a pipe coming into the stock part and it dosent look like it would connect anywhere. if you have the same set up let me know which bov you bought or which one would be best. (i want it to be loud obviously) thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Your stock one is the perfect choice for your set up. It's good to about 20psi or so. BOVs that vent 100% to atmosphere are no good for WRXs. I suggest reading the BOV thread & other stickies. You might also want to check out the Unabombers Manifesto. Enjoy.

EDIT: you already asked this question in the BOV thread. All the info was provided for you there.
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 10-20-2008 at 02:22 PM.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by parisDOgg34 View Post
    . . . if you have the same set up let me know which bov you bought or which one would be best. (i want it to be loud obviously) thanks!
    This sentence alone will get you hate responses, you are on the wrong forum if youre looking for a way to make your car louder instead of faster, but if you want any advice, we would need to know more about your set up
    02 silver WRX - TBE, bad wheel bearing, needs fixing so I can go back to driving it
    Bugeye mafia member #186
    Anybody in the Des Moines area should PM me!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by parisDOgg34 View Post
    i have an 02 wrx with a top mount intercooler and i cant figure out which bov to buy. it looks like the ones ive seen wouldnt work but not really sure. it looks like they would mount but i see a pipe coming into the stock part and it dosent look like it would connect anywhere. if you have the same set up let me know which bov you bought or which one would be best. (i want it to be loud obviously) thanks!

none are best for you, unless you've got a built motor on standalone EMS and speed density.

Read here: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html while I merge..
    Last edited by Rogan; 10-20-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I understand your new to this forum. as am i. but even a day into reading anything on this forum you learn 2 things. NO bov's and NO CAI's unless properly tuned for and even then the bov's really aren't good either way. Try reading all the stickies before you start posting or even use the search key. It'll help...serioulsy...or your probably gonna get flamed for asking a question that someone already answered.

no offence...just a heads up
    05 STI....someday
    04 WRX cobb stage 2-sold
    00 Civic Si-sold
    95 240SX-sold
    02 F-350 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Lightbulb Greddy BOV??

i just put on a greddy bov without the recirculation kit. i wanted a decent pssst out of it but it sounds like the stock one that u cant hear. i tried adjusting it harder or softer but it still doesn't make any sound. its a type rs kit, is it just normally quiet?

Clarksville TN, about 30 mins from Nashville.
    I dont know why everyone has to be such #$%&@# if they have to answer a question more then once, and who cares if some one wants to be loud instead of fast, thats the magic of our hobby, PREFERENCE!

Profanity, Especially in Thread Titles
    This means no swear filter dodging in titles either, and no swear filter dodging at all outside of the Off-Topic forums.

ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums - FAQ: Rules

but I still agree with you.
    Last edited by Rogan; 10-21-2008 at 12:03 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not so much that anyone cares if they wanna be loud, it's the long term effect on a quite expensive component of the car, that the warnings are about.
    Last edited by Rogan; 10-21-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Rogan o_0

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    It's not so much that anyone cares if they wanna be loud, it's the long term effect on a quite expensive component of the car, that the warnings are about.
    Yeah many people have tried to tell him that, but he refuses to listen.

Take it from me, a new motor is not cheap. As of now, i'm looking at $4K for mine.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Yeah many people have tried to tell him that, but he refuses to listen.

Take it from me, a new motor is not cheap. As of now, i'm looking at $4K for mine.
    ... as have I.. (albeit not due to a BOV...)
    Rogan o_0

Quote Originally Posted by L-bugeye03 View Post
    i just put on a greddy bov without the recirculation kit. i wanted a decent pssst out of it but it sounds like the stock one that u cant hear. i tried adjusting it harder or softer but it still doesn't make any sound. its a type rs kit, is it just normally quiet?
    VTA (Venting to the Atmosphere) is bad w/o tuning for it. It will cause you to run lean w/a tune and damage your engine. Either use the greddy bov w/the recirculation kit or go back to stock.

The stock BPV is good for up to about 20-21PSI.

You want more spooling sound do the silencer delete.

Please read: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html
    Last edited by c2bcoolwrx; 10-21-2008 at 01:47 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ekk...let's play nice.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 10-21-2008 at 02:33 PM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Clarksville TN, about 30 mins from Nashville.
    When you are idling, driving around, and under boost, the BOV is CLOSED just like stock. The only way to be running rich is if the BOV was somehow letting air out post maf, WHILE RUNNING, constantly. The exception to this would be a valve that is leaking REALLY badly, and in a case like this, you will know there is a problem right away anyway, as the car will probably barely run. For it to leak this badly, it would have to be physically damaged or just REALLY f'd up. However when you shift you do run just slightly rich. First-The rich condition is not THAT rich. On most tunes the target A/F under boost is @11.1-1 or so. Say you are at 11.1-1, then you shift and it vents. It will swing rich, typically to around 9.5-1. That is NOT that rich.

I Support ClubWRX
    Blow-off Valves
    Blowoff valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have the problem is setting/tuning a BOV is easier said than done.95% of the people that have them do not have any idea how to adjust them.Also there are actual performance benfits to using a recirculating BPV's over BOV's.I don't 100% agree with Davenow's thread on NASIOC.This info just gets reguritated over and over throughout this thread....
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostalot101 View Post
    When you are idling, driving around, and under boost, the BOV is CLOSED just like stock. The only way to be running rich is if the BOV was somehow letting air out post maf, WHILE RUNNING, constantly. The exception to this would be a valve that is leaking REALLY badly, and in a case like this, you will know there is a problem right away anyway, as the car will probably barely run. For it to leak this badly, it would have to be physically damaged or just REALLY f'd up. However when you shift you do run just slightly rich. First-The rich condition is not THAT rich. On most tunes the target A/F under boost is @11.1-1 or so. Say you are at 11.1-1, then you shift and it vents. It will swing rich, typically to around 9.5-1. That is NOT that rich.

When you copy and paste from another forum please give credit where credit is do. I'm sure Davenow would appreciate it.

None the less while there might be differing views on the situation it's not worth the headache in the long run IMHO to have a BOV. When the stock setup works wonderfully why risk it just to be the cool kid with a "pssst".

Donkey post beat mine...none the less...please do post stuff indicating it's yours when you copied and pasted it. Also (not a knock on Dave) consider your source.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.