"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 680

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; bump...

bump

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by burtnboarder71 View Post
    will just having a bov really mess up my engine and make it run with less power?
    yes.

read this:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html

thanks.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

do you have any idea on how to install

do you have any idea on how to install
    it should have a flange with it and then it bolts on, you reattach the boost line(or whatever hose you took off your stock bpv) then hook the recirc kit back up and your good to go

I am pretty sure that all that needed(all you subie gurus could prolly tell him better) or put in more info

yea thank for the help but we took the intercooler off and tried it but we couldnt find were some of the hoses hook up and the directions did not work

yea thank for the help but we took the intercooler off and tried it but we couldnt find were some of the hoses hook up and the directions did not work
    you shouldnt have needed to take the intercooler off, it would mount up in the stock location, then the recirc kit that comes with it bolts strait back on as well (or it did on my friends car)

alright ill try it that way and get back to ya

so i have an 06 wrx and im gathering that removing the siliencer from the car will pretty much do the trick rather than installing a BOV. i test drove a wrx and i guess it had bovs and it sounded like sex. hah. and i would love that sound in my car as well. just making sure i do the right thing. so siliencer removal over a bov? thanks

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowell362 View Post
    so siliencer removal over a bov? thanks
    the silencer delete will not be as loud as a BOV but it will give you a pshh sound without making your car hate you and blow up

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yay for my car not hating me. i dont care if it blows up, i just dont want to be rejected :PPP

Another BOV question... I know, I know

Whazup peeps? got a question and i know it's been posted and posted before but this is my first time doing this forum stuff. So... I just bought a brand new 08 WRX and i'm a first time owner or a subaru. never had a turbo'd car before. Used to have a 2.0 or 2.slow VW golf with only 100 hp if that. So... my question is... i know there's many people saying not to buy a BOV because it's more trouble than good and people only do it for the sound (which i have to say is sexy...) but the stock bypass is good becuase of what it does so what about a partial recirc like the WORX BOV or any other brand. WHY aren't BOV's good for stock and only good for BIGGER turbos?

Alright thanx DUB for the links

here has been my trouble with BOVs....ive had 3 different styles plus the stock BPV...first off thereis hesitation in 1st gear pulling out (causing you to burn a lil clutch)...2nd ...about once every 6 shifts, i get a "pop" that comes out of the back of my exhaust...3rd, it got me pulled over cuz i blew off going by a cop and he pulled me over cuz he thought i shot a gun at him , and after back up came and an extencive search on my car was done, i took him for a ride to prove that the sound was my car....lol
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhbamby View Post
    here has been my trouble with BOVs....ive had 3 different styles plus the stock BPV...first off thereis hesitation in 1st gear pulling out (causing you to burn a lil clutch)...2nd ...about once every 6 shifts, i get a "pop" that comes out of the back of my exhaust...3rd, it got me pulled over cuz i blew off going by a cop and he pulled me over cuz he thought i shot a gun at him , and after back up came and an extencive search on my car was done, i took him for a ride to prove that the sound was my car....lol
    not a quick learner huh?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals