"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 677

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Buzz So with the aftermarket BOV and a recirc kit, will there be more noise (cuz its ...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So with the aftermarket BOV and a recirc kit, will there be more noise (cuz its sounds good) or will the recirc tubing totally muffle the sound? There by totally mitigating any difference between the two.
    ALSO... someone told me once that there is some kind of sound dampening material in the stock recirc tubing, True?
    There will be more sound with an aftermarket bypass valve (or bov w/ recirculating kit), however nowhere near as dramatic as a 100% atmospheric bov. If you wanted the noise...youd be better off buying just an aftermarket bypass valve, rather than a bov that then needed a supplemental recirculating kit. I would say that the most noise you could possibly make without venting to the atmosphere would be to get an aftermarket BPV (e.g. Forge), do the snorkus/intake silencer delete mod...and get an aftermarket intake. That would make the most noise. As far as intakes, unless its something similar to the stock airbox, (Cobb SF) you would most likely end up hurting your car performance wise unless you are tuned for it.

....But all that nonsense for just the pssssssh sounds like wasted money to me. Research Worx Tuning hybrid valves. You can adjust how much air gets vented with those.

Never heard of there being sound deadening stuff added to the factory boost/vacuum tubing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BOV help

hi i currently have a stock bov and pretty much want to upgrade to one that goes pusssh lol but i was wondering on what kind i should buy at a reasonable price? so any input would be well appreaciated thanks

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    OMGPSHHISSOTOTALLYJDM!!!

your stock BPV is best. if youre just looking for sound, do an intake silencer delete.

BOV's are harmful to your car and you wont get anything out of it other than the PSHH sound and making your car run like crap.

blah blah blah blah blah

read this:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Unless you got a aftermarket turbo, i wouldnt reccomend a bov. But if you must get a 50/50 hybrid that reciculates and vents

thats sweet, so, no different really between stock BPV and a aftermaket one? I kinda think its a bit much money so I better of buy the recirculation kit for my HKS BOV for 31 bucks. It won't run rich then right?

Thanks / Tim

ok thanks guys but just curious y are they bad for the car without a aftermarket turbo?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWrx55 View Post
    ok thanks guys but just curious y are they bad for the car without a aftermarket turbo?
    once again...

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ov-thread.html

read this.

the first post alone will give you the information you need.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

thank you i read the thread and makes sense to me now o and i already have a aftermarket typhoon intake on the car

Quote Originally Posted by subierider View Post
    thats sweet, so, no different really between stock BPV and a aftermaket one? I kinda think its a bit much money so I better of buy the recirculation kit for my HKS BOV for 31 bucks. It won't run rich then right?

Thanks / Tim
    People upgrade their stock BPV to an aftermarket one when they start boosting more than the stock unit can support. This is in the 22-25 psi area....not something you would ever come close to unless you are upgrading to a huge turbo.

If you can get the recirculating kit for that cheap then do it. It would be better if you can get a stock BPV for even cheaper...but work with what ya go i suppose. And yes, you shouldn't run rich in between shifts if you hook the recirculating kit up
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Help with recirculationkit!

Hello, I curently have a HKS BOV on my car and its 100% atmospheric, but I want a reciculationkit for it. What should I get? Recirculationkit or a BPV?

Thanks
    Last edited by subierider; 08-10-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Blow off valve???

and advice on blow offs?? whats good? whats bad? any experience?

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock BOV is best.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Factory turbo= stock bov. If you got a aftermarket turbo, and u really want a new bov. I got a hks bov and love it

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

For information on BOVs, CLICK HERE.

...Or you could just click on the sticky at the top of this forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC