"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 665
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by p70cul what is the best dump valve for the 2005 wrx sti, i want one that is ...

Quote Originally Posted by p70cul View Post
    what is the best dump valve for the 2005 wrx sti, i want one that is easy to fit and remove if i sell the car i can put factory fitted one back on. i want one with a distinct whoosh but not to loud
    TurboXS "Type H" BOV will whoosh without being crazy loud. You'll also need the H-WRXG4 adaptor to make it bolt up. You should really scroll up and read what people are saying about the BOVs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BOV help me out!!(need advice)

i am looking to buy a 05 subi and its from a dealer they said that the guy has had a BOV on it for less then 6months and they have the stock BPV with them and when i buy the car i can jsut switch it back. i am wondering if the bov could of ****ed up the engine in that little amount of time

thanks
    mike

I Support ClubWRX
    The stock BOV is the best choice by far. ---<<<(((The BIG BOV thread)))>>>---

What is wrong with the engine?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

How many miles were put on the car in those 6 months? You should be alright though.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

i dont know how many miles were put on the car in those 6 months carfax shows that it wa bought at 42k milesand now being sold with 46k miles on it. if he put the bov on it right away could that many miles hurt the engine? i know the stokc is better i want to know if the engine got hurt by the bov i am going to switch it back

It's impossible to know how much if any the previous owner could have hurt the engine. You don't know if there's other bad mods that the owner did either. I would stay away from that car. There's plenty of unmodified WRXs out there! The car is probably perfectly fine but why take the risk?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yah i dont want to take the risk either but its being sold by a dealer and the only thing that the guy did to it was put a BOV on it everything else is stock!!! and i cant find any stock subis around where i live either they are all junkers or stupid kids have moded the **** out of them and they are about to grenade on them at any moment ( i live is socal area =( ) the dealer also offer life time power train warranty as long as i own the car if that helps the situation out at all

I'm sure the lifetime powertrain warranty is just a gimmick but who knows, the dealer might actually be reputable! I just seriously doubt anybody that sells used cars is reputable.

Have the car inspected by an independent mechanic and if everything else checks out fine and they give you a good price, then go for it. The good thing about buying used cars from dealers is that they're required in most places to give you at least a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty too, and sometimes you can bargain with them and get up to a year.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Get It In Plain Writing..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

should i jsut ask the dealership to get it inspected by a independent mechanic?? how should i go about do that getting it inspected and stuff by a mechainic. and its not jsut a used car dealership its a big car dealership the cars jsut a trade in from someone so its not jsut all used cars they have new ons might be a ford dealership or something if i remeber right have ot look it up only has 46k miles on it also

I Support ClubWRX
    you should schedule to have it looked at by a subaru mechanic. you'll have to pay for it, most likely, for an hour's work, but $100 now is a lot cheaper than $1000s in a couple months..
    Rogan o_0

im new at buying cars would i have to buy the car first then get it looked at or could i have the dealer arrange to have it looked at??

I Support ClubWRX
    tell the dealer you want to have it looked at by a subaru mechanic.. if they agree, then you schedule a time for one to look at it. then you could prolly take it to the near-by subaru mech, have it checked out, pay the man, then make a decision with the seller.
    Rogan o_0

and if they dont agree? should i jsut say screw it and keep looking for anther car??

Where in So Cal do you live and what dealer is this?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.