"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 653

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by sheckephano my friend just sold me his hks bov (just the bov), and im wondering is the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sheckephano View Post
    my friend just sold me his hks bov (just the bov), and im wondering is the flange and the plug the only thing i need? is there a website that sells the flange? and the plug?
    To bring back your original question, yes, you can buy the plug and flange. you'll also need the o-ring and c-clip.

why, i heard if i increase the psi, hks bov help reduce turbo surge.
    How much pressure are you running? I've ran 20-21psi with no issues from the stock bpv. others have, as well. but that's about the limit.

07 rex, my friend said that might be surge
    same one who sold you the hks? same one who has done motor swaps and turbo upgrades? Would any of these be Subarus?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey my friend told me that my car will go up to 80 PSI. hey my friend also told me that if i put coca cola in my gas tank i'll get better gas milage. oh and my friend told me that BOVs make cool jdm noises too.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    To bring back your original question, yes, you can buy the plug and flange. you'll also need the o-ring and c-clip.

How much pressure are you running? I've ran 20-21psi with no issues from the stock bpv. others have, as well. but that's about the limit.

same one who sold you the hks? same one who has done motor swaps and turbo upgrades? Would any of these be Subarus?
    sorry i meant my friend, no his cousin is the one selling it to me, he did motorswaps with hondas and nissans.

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry i meant my friend, no his cousin is the one selling it to me, he did motorswaps with hondas and nissans.
    Well, if you haven't bought it already, dont.

You don't need it, and it can cause more problems that you realize.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    we try not to do motor swaps we try to keep the engine that comes with the car.

NO BOV unless you upgrade turbos and boost over 20PSI
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    sure, you could install it before the MAF. However, it would do absolutely nothing, as before the maf, it's only inlet air. So, it wouldn't solve anything, other than getting a few moronic comments thrown your way.

As for parts of the car, where they are, etc., you should get a factory service manual. I got one on CD from ebay for like 10$. spend some time scrolling through that, and you'll learn a whole mess of stuff

Otherwise, pick a topic, and search for it here. Chances are, it's been discussed at least once..

So , welcome to Club WRX, btw.

Thank you Rogan. I'll try to reach for that cd. Meanwhile I'll also continue searching in my free times.

Red face Boost problems, BOV help

Hey im running 14 pounds with the stage one accesport reflash, but once my boost hits 14 it drops right down to ten. So i was thinking maybe there was a leak in my bov, does any one who actually really knows what theyre talking about think this could be the problem? im obviously gonna check it out myself tomarow when its not raining but i thought i would jsut get some insight.
    Subysteve

Boost problems..BOV question

Hey i got a 07 wrx reflashed to stage 1 with the accesport. The problem im having is the second i reach 14 lbs it drops right down to 10 lbs of boost. I was thinking this maybe because my stock BOV has a leak in it since its a piece. Anyone out there who really knows what theyre talking about have any insight for me? Id pop the hood and check it out myself but i finally get a day to work on my car and its raining so yeah if anyone can shed some light, thad be great.
    Subysteve

the stock BPV should not be leaking at anything under 19psi.

The 06-07 WRX is 'peaky' sotospeak with the boost because the stock turbo is so small for that engine the turbo cannot maintain a high boost pressure at higher rpms. I'm not sure if Cobb makes a 'HWG' high wastegate duty map for your car but you might look into it.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

SSQV Flange

i bought the atp flange and it doesn't seem to go on easy and the ssqv bov rubs on the manifold

i was wondering where i could get the flange that had the elbow on it to extend it away from the intercooler

STI vs. WRX BOV

Is the stock '05 STI BOV (BPV) any different from the '07 WRX? One came with my STI TMIC and I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
    Is the stock '05 STI BOV (BPV) any different from the '07 WRX? One came with my STI TMIC and I'm just curious.

Thanks!
    No, they're not different.

Unhappy BOV Feedback!

Ok I'm running a Greddy BOV Type-S... and Im not really happy with it and Im thinking about buying a different one, but what should I go for? ALSO doesn't anyone know why the BOV has to be rerouted??
    Bought a house!!! Can't afford mods right now!!!

IBT merge with BOV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Subbyrex05 View Post
    Ok I'm running a Greddy BOV Type-S... and Im not really happy with it and Im thinking about buying a different one, but what should I go for? ALSO doesn't anyone know why the BOV has to be rerouted??
    link in sig for you
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

BOV question

Wasup guys i know theres a million threads on BOV ect ect but i figured one more shouldn't hurt. I have a 2004 WRX and one of the main reason's i got a turbo car was for the BOV.... lol.. Im looking to buy one but iv heard all these opinions on them that i really dont know whats true and whats not... I have heard that you cannot just slap on a regular bov onto this car because it will cause the engine to bogg out or w/e. Now my questions is will i be ok if i get a 100 precent recirculating bov?