"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 651
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by bm2008 Now that we have established the best BOV, where can I buy the HKS SSQV for ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bm2008 View Post
    Now that we have established the best BOV, where can I buy the HKS SSQV for the least amount of $$$
    just get the Woo wooo
    YouTube - Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I suppose its working right if it makes a cool noise.

Now that we have established the best BOV, where can I buy the HKS SSQV for the least amount of $$$
    Who the hell established that?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I solved the issue awhile back had to do with the restrictor pill, and it all ran smoothly. Its off now, im in the market for a new car, something that will help with the long halls to college. Looking at a forester XT. :P

and it wasnt running a stock exhaust.

bov question

just recently got a 2006 wrx have injen intake, spt exhaust, about to order cobb ap. was wondering which bov is recommended over others. one that makes more noise than the stock one but not one that 100% vented to atmosphere to backfiring. thanks

If you have an intake, you'll get the noise. Just keep your stock BPV.. your car will thank you

If you must, get a 50-50 adjustable recirculating BOV.. like an APS or GFB.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

This is correct, we never did establish that so I'll correct my previous statement. I only established the BOV i wanted to get, not the best. Any one know about the silencer delete with the stock BOV? I like the sound of the HKS, but realized you run rich, and the extra air could be used and recirculated back to the turbo, so I might keep the stock BOV.

personal preference here, but i think the aps twin vent is the best bov on the market.

APS High Volume Twin Vent Blow Off Valve
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

This is correct, we never did establish that so I'll correct my previous statement. I only established the BOV i wanted to get, not the best. Any one know about the silencer delete with the stock BOV? I like the sound of the HKS, but realized you run rich, and the extra air could be used and recirculated back to the turbo, so I might keep the stock BOV.
    search silencer delete, the answer you will find.
    I ♥ rice

Smile

If your still looking for a bov i have a brand new aps i bought and never put on my car. Its one of the best. It retails for like 215. Let me know if your interested. thanks email me at lilly31pad32@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrpad View Post
    If your still looking for a bov i have a brand new aps i bought and never put on my car. Its one of the best. It retails for like 215. Let me know if your interested. thanks email me at lilly31pad32@hotmail.com
    excellent price for brand new aps.
    I ♥ rice

I've read it all and I know its not needed for boosts like under 20psi and all that. But, is there a way to install bov before the MAF on scoobies? and would it solve rich running condition if we were able to cancel the default bov and fit a BOV before MAF? It may sound as foolish as it is for someone who knows the exact layout of the parts, but I don't have that info I'd also be gratefull if someone can direct me for such information as where the parts are located on the car. Because every web site I've found 'till now is either very simply made not giving enough knowledge, or full of schemas of the parts 'till the bolts which are also very complicated and takes a lot of time to look at and understand. A site explaining simple workabouts such as howstuffworks tells about how a turbo works would be very very welcome. Of course for scoobies

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by papagallo View Post
    I've read it all and I know its not needed for boosts like under 20psi and all that. But, is there a way to install bov before the MAF on scoobies? and would it solve rich running condition if we were able to cancel the default bov and fit a BOV before MAF? It may sound as foolish as it is for someone who knows the exact layout of the parts, but I don't have that info I'd also be gratefull if someone can direct me for such information as where the parts are located on the car. Because every web site I've found 'till now is either very simply made not giving enough knowledge, or full of schemas of the parts 'till the bolts which are also very complicated and takes a lot of time to look at and understand. A site explaining simple workabouts such as howstuffworks tells about how a turbo works would be very very welcome. Of course for scoobies
    sure, you could install it before the MAF. However, it would do absolutely nothing, as before the maf, it's only inlet air. So, it wouldn't solve anything, other than getting a few moronic comments thrown your way.

As for parts of the car, where they are, etc., you should get a factory service manual. I got one on CD from ebay for like 10$. spend some time scrolling through that, and you'll learn a whole mess of stuff

Otherwise, pick a topic, and search for it here. Chances are, it's been discussed at least once..

So , welcome to Club WRX, btw.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

hks ssqv recirculation

Has anyone successfully installed a recirculation kit to their HKS SSQV BOV that is mounted on the stock TMIC? If so, can you provide pics. I have seen images of recirculated HKS but mounted on the piping of a FMIC, but not on a TMIC. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.