"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 64
Page 64 of 788 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164564 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by 03WRX83 i had orderd the turbo xs rfl bov, but just canceled it cause my dealer told ...

Originally posted by 03WRX83
    i had orderd the turbo xs rfl bov, but just canceled it cause my dealer told me that it will void my warenty.
    if its a bolt on kit...how are they gonna know that it was ever on? the dealers are scamers...they will void every warrenty becuase of anything if they had the chance.
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the rfl-bov from TurboXS. I found that it makes your car run rich between shifts and hurt my performance. And as far as using wd-40 to lube your bov...wd-40 is a water displacer, not ment to lube anything you will damage the brass using wd-40 since there is not enough "lube". I believe Phil said to use lithium grease on the bov. just my .02

Just want to correct the type of lube I suggested you use. I honestly cannot recall what Phil said to use so please check with TurboXS for the proper type. I don't want you coming back and saying lithium grease ruined your bov.
    TurboXS Stage II
    JIC FLT-2
    O.Z. 17" Rims
    Injen CAI
    KnockLink
    Up-Pipe / Headers - KMD
    TurboXS Turbo back Exhaust
    Blitz Air Filter / Turbo Timer
    Samco Hoses
    AutoMeter Gauges
    Injectors, Pump and Rails are next on the list.

I suggested to use wd40 but i just use engine oil b/c that is what I had at the time. 5w

Originally posted by is2scooby
    I don't have one, but saw/heard one installed on a friend's vehicle. It was just TOO loud. Must have been fun for like 3 days - and then I think it drove him nuts.
    Actually it was about 6 hours

just blipping the throttle would set that thing off like you revved it to 7 grand lol!

i'm just trying to grab an understanding of the whole turbo thing. I know that the bov is used to release unneeded pressure back into the atmosphere. So, with this being said, one would not need a bov unless that person has upgraded their turbo, correct?
    thanks ladies/gents!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

One doesn't even "need" a blow off valve with an upgraded turbo for the most part. The stocker is supposed to be good to 20+ psi...

On the WRX it's a noisemaker. Other cars that have more fault or leak-prone factory recirculation valves can benefit from blow off valves, as well as custom turbo installations and/or HEAVILY modified (race) vehicles for the most part...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar

Question On Blitz Bov

Let me first off saying I searched here, i-club, and nasioc.com but could not find my answer . Anyones from what I noticed, the TurboXS bov and HKS bov all go off when you rev your engine. But my friend has the Blitz bov and he said it only goes off when he's moving. So can anyone give me any feedback on this? Does the blitz go off when you reving it? If not is there a way you can? My car is almost stock

Blits SUS Intake
    TurboXS MBC
    Blits TT
    TurboXS uppipe (waiting for it to come)

those are basically my engine stuff so if you guys can, please help me out. Thanks

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

God
    It does. His may need to be adjusted is all.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Thanks god, your help is also appreciated Do you think the Blitz is loud as the HKS? If not is it loud enough for me to just have fun? Thanks again.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Can anyone provide me a list of components/parts #/prices of items that I would need to run mbc(joe-p) with the stock bc. I love the idea of being able to boost higher but like most people don't completely like the idea of having full boost at half throttle all the time. Thanx.

HKS BOV installed (nice loss of performance)

Hey guys, well I've been going back and forth for months on whether or not to buy a BOV (and reading countless threads) and I finally dropped the cash on the HKS SSQV last week. I installed the thing today (thanx to Norseone from I-Club) and I have to say... the car had a very noticable power LOSS in 2nd gear and between transitions from gear to gear. It sounded kick-arse though. Anyway, screw it... love the sound but I'm not willing to sacrifice power. I put the stock unit back on and she is back to normal power-wise...
    Last edited by 2003WRX; 01-18-2003 at 11:23 PM.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

the ssq bovs do sound nice, but i think any bov on a stock system tends to lose some power unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yeah man, I'm kinda bummed about it... but no big deal I guess. I sounded like a ricer for one whole day though! lol j/k (it sounded sweet)
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

BOV nightmare

Ok i just got a turboXS BOV RFL installed. I first noticed the problem when i drove the car away from the installer. It doesn't make a pishhh sound it flutters, kind of like a horse when it blows out of its nose and shakes its head... anyway it doesn't sound right. Then i got ome and raced my friends x5. When I got up to like 5000 rpms, the acceleration just dropped. I ended up loosing to a car that i could kill days before. Thats when i knew something was up. Something tells me i have a faulty unit. What exactly is the worst that could happen with a bad BOV, and how can i tell when that happens. Also, I have no idea how to take it apart because someone else suggested lubing it up. What should i use to lube it up?