"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 638
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, realistic answers for you: BOV is not for your turbo. it goes on your intercooler/IC piping. BOVs are also ...

ok, realistic answers for you:

BOV is not for your turbo. it goes on your intercooler/IC piping. BOVs are also TMIC and FMIC specific, with adapters for both. vent to atmosphere combined with mass air flow sensor readings is not an ideal situation. when you vent, and hear that psssh, you actually losing all the air your MAF thinks is in the system. so for a slight moment, youre going to be running rich. theres VTA, hybrid (think 50/50), and recirculating. the reason why you SHOULD run a BOV is for higher boost pressure threshold. '02-'07 bpv's are steady for up to about 21psi, then they start to leak. aftermarket BOV's will run higher pressure than that. is that an '08 i see in your avatar? is that the vehicle you own? from what ive heard, the plastic looking bpv on the IC is only good for like 16lbs, in which case you SHOULD get a recirc bov.

personally, i run a Perrin recirc bov, for the above stated reasons of higher pressure threshold.

and hey, these are just my thoughts on this; if you want psssh, try a snorkus delete. or get a vta bov and dont listen to anyone here.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Use the search button. It is located by pressing alt+f4 ok? If it doesn't work at first, just keep pressing it.

not the first one
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

BOVs are bad for our cars. If you want a better one than the plastic OEM one then go with a recirculating one. THere's a "BIG BOV" thread on here, go find it to answer all your questions.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Or just go stage 2 and hear your turbo wind up and down all day. I say screw bvo. As stated they are bad for subie as the air mass sense thinks air is there when there is not. This why it makes the car run rich..
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Please explore the red answers link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Recirc BOV?

I've got my eye on the GReddy recirculating blow-off valve, but as always wanted to run it by the people who are bound to know. I'm trying to smooth out the acceleration a bit on the car I'm buying, which is equipped with a vent to atmosphere BOV at the moment. Is this a worthy investment or should I start elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterChristie View Post
    I've got my eye on the GReddy recirculating blow-off valve, but as always wanted to run it by the people who are bound to know. I'm trying to smooth out the acceleration a bit on the car I'm buying, which is equipped with a vent to atmosphere BOV at the moment. Is this a worthy investment or should I start elsewhere?
    Yes, that doesn't sound too bad. Either get a stock bypass valve for a lot less money and get some exhaust or an AP or something, or if you want, go for the aftermarket recirc. BOV.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

Is there an online OEM parts store? It's true though, the kid I'm buying it from sold all his stock parts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterChristie
    Is there an online OEM parts store? It's true though, the kid I'm buying it from sold all his stock parts
    Pa/stock Bpv!!!!

$50
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Indeed, thanks for the link dude. Your second quote is awesome

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterChristie
    Indeed, thanks for the link dude. Your second quote is awesome
    No problem. It's a great pick-up line
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by MisterChristie View Post
    what kind of vta bov is on your car now? you might be able to re-coup some (or all) of the money spent on an oem bpv. pretty sweet deal, i say.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

I can't remember man, both times I've looked at the car I'm so excited about driving it I hardly note any of the stuff I originally came to look at haha

Is there any problems with having a BOV??

I have been reading alot of the engine modification chats and i keep seeing a big NO to bov's, is there actual problems with having them or just not use full?

I have a stealth fully adjustable bov?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch-my01rex View Post
    I have been reading alot of the engine modification chats and i keep seeing a big NO to bov's, is there actual problems with having them or just not use full?

I have a stealth fully adjustable bov?
    If you have a fully adjustable BOV, set it to fully recirculating and you'll be fine. Please peruse a couple of the last few pages of this thread to see how they can be detrimental to your car.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.