"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 633

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i installed the TBE sounds awesome...drove 15km to redline... NO CEL displayed......

zGb
    i installed the TBE sounds awesome...drove 15km to redline...NO CEL displayed...
    '06 WRX - OZ Ultraleggera Gold, XS-Power TBE , HKS SSQV BOV
    www.insomniaracing.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

awesome!!!!!!! Pray that nothing happens....its really funny with engines....some act up when others don't....its like my guages....sometimes they wanna work and sometimes they wanna turn on and off....prob the shi*y wiring job i did...lol i rushed it to get to a subie meet
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

Not much to research, this being a relatively new bov, not even offering flanges available for wrx, and being one of the first to install this on a wrx, i was asking if some one was knowledgeable with how to fix the issue i am having not a recommendation on what to do with the parts.

I have no experience with MBC's...but from my meagre understanding....won't the MBC replace the stock boost conrol soleunoid...and then affect how the boost runs?

If you wanna get back the 14 psi...re--use the stock setup...which would allow the car to factor engine load and throttle into the equation when determining boost levls (so you don't hav a partial throttle full boost scenario).

You need to adjust the MBC until it does the right amount of boost...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Put the stock parts back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

The parts you have installed are not going to give you reliable performance gains. You should put the car back to stock. Even highly modified cars still use the stock valve, and as for the MBC you really need some form of engine tuning if that's going to be your boost solution. You will have a faster, more reliable, smoother driving car if you use to stock parts.

If you would like good repeatable, reliable power gains look into catless exhaust parts and/or engine management.

Best of luck,

~Tim

bov?

I have been thinking about getting a bov for my 04 sti. At what point should I get one? I mean I only want to get if its going to be worth it performance wise? I appreciate any advice?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by firedawgs2 View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a bov for my 04 sti. At what point should I get one? I mean I only want to get if its going to be worth it performance wise? I appreciate any advice?
    dont get one.

read this. "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

BOV's dont have any performance value untill you are running over 20psi....most people only get BOV's for the awesome sound....BOV's actually hurt your car by running rich for moments.
    MY Mods...
    2004 WRX OPB....58k...open source tuned...VF 39 Turbo...Pink 565cc injectors...Walbro FP... Godspeed FMIC...Turbo XS Stealthback Exhaust...Gimmik Turbo Inlet...Gimmik Rad. Hoses...COBB SF Intake...EXedy Lightweight Flywheel...F1 Racing Stage 2 Clutch...Perrin Crank Pulley...Perrin Afta-MAF Hose...HKS Up Pipe...Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushings....lots-o-suspention...

zGb
    redline 1-4th at 5000rpm CEL appeared...7 degrees outside...after 2-3 hours dissapeared...the car runs identicaly with CEL on/off (except on 4th with CEL on interrupts fuel a bit sometimes over 4-4.5k rpm)
    '06 WRX - OZ Ultraleggera Gold, XS-Power TBE , HKS SSQV BOV
    www.insomniaracing.org

Quote Originally Posted by zGb View Post
    redline 1-4th at 5000rpm CEL appeared...7 degrees outside...after 2-3 hours dissapeared...the car runs identicaly with CEL on/off (except on 4th with CEL on interrupts fuel a bit sometimes over 4-4.5k rpm)

well that could be the reason not to get a catless DP......um u need to be tuned...thats all i can tell u...the issue with CELs is that u won't pass emissions and thats all i know about DPs and CELs....idk exactly whats happening to the engine tho....u might wanna post a thred on one of the forums.....theres tons of people out there that know way more than i do....i'm sorry i can't help u out pass this...i havn't yet did my research on engines as much as i would like

i also threw a CEL the same as u....luckly i was right by a shop and they checked it out for me.....that was when i still had the BOV on my car (when i bought the car it came with it) .....the CEL i threw pretty much read that i was running tooo rich....it went away as well only 15 minutes later....lol idk why i'm writting this...it has nothing to do with ur DP....
    05 OBP WRX

I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

dude u gotta start reading forums.....not getting a BOV is the first thing u learn when u read a little....sorry to sound like an @ss

ok i'll break it down for you....b/c i was once in ur shoes and actually had a BOV on my car not by my wants tho...it came with it when i bought it

1. your car is guna run rich....the ECU thinks that ur car has the RECIRULATION....when u put a BOV on the car it takes the RECIRULATION away.....when that happens the ECU will throw more gas into the engine.....which is why u'll run rich, have back fires, and stalling...
    2. get a SRI or short ram intake.....if you want the swoosh sound....u could instead of a SRI replace ur filter with a drop filter.....this will give u a sweet sound(the sound is from ur turbo spooling up)
    05 OBP WRX

bov

I am running 20 psi in my sti, so I was thinking I am like right in the edge of needing one. Even though I have the stock turbo and I am not running major power.

I am running 20 psi in my sti, so I was thinking I am like right in the edge of needing one. Even though I have the stock turbo and I am not running major power.
    if u wanna do it....get a stand alone EM that eliminates the Recirulation and then a BOV

u'll be set then but idk if there an exact PSI that u need to switch over to a BOV....check out APSs 50/50 see if that works for you
    05 OBP WRX