"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 632
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zGb Hello! After i read about 20-30 pages from this very big thread, for the moment i ...

Quote Originally Posted by zGb View Post
    Hello! After i read about 20-30 pages from this very big thread, for the moment i removed my ssqv bov (stayed on the car 2 days, i noticed the car was running like ****). I intend to install the TBE (arrived yesterday) and ECU remap soon and maybe after this mods i'll give another try to the ssqv (in the near future i intend to put the 2004 2.0T STI turbo). I have 2 friends who have both '06 2.5T WRX and they didn't have any problems with BOV installed after TBE, headers and ecu remap. What do u guys think? I am also considering into transforming the SSQV valve into a recicurlating valve if the car runs poor (after the mods mentioned ahead) until i'll get the STI turbo.
    ok well whats the ECU remap that ur installing? the reason is that theres some ecus that can cancel the extra flow of air...pretty much it tells the engine that theres not guna be any extra air recirculating back into the engine.....i don't understand how ur friends didn't have any issues....it really depends on what ecu remap they put in....i don't think the AP has the cancel recirc thing.....but i know most stand alone systems have it

recirculating the SSQV will be ur best bet.....or sticking with the stock bpv

good luck and get back to me which ECU ur guna use
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zGb
    i don't know yet...we have some very good tuners in Romania...anyway i'll make the remap to a guy which imports a basic tuning file for stock WRX (from a US company don't know the name atm, forgot it) and from the rest on, we'll do logging and other mods for exhaust, bov (if he can do), intake, intercooler, turbo (in the future)

do u have any ideas if is something wrong if i install tomorrow the TBE (i did reset ECU 20km ago)? i took it for some serious redlines this evening several times from 1st gear to 4th in redline...need the 5th gear to push it hard as well?

LE : btw i read this some hours ago on ECU reset thread...did anyone tried this? or it's even TRUE? because i am sceptical about this

For maximum affect, after resetting, get on a open surface with no traffic, place the car in 3rd gear, increase throttle, and slowly let up on the clutch while brake torquing the car (don't let it move). The object is to increase boost for a time frame of around 5 seconds. This will maximise your ECU settings such that you will immediately gain a good 20 HP over the "worn" stock ECU settings. The background is much more complex than this, but this does work.
    Last edited by zGb; 02-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    '06 WRX - OZ Ultraleggera Gold, XS-Power TBE , HKS SSQV BOV
    www.insomniaracing.org

i don't know yet...we have some very good tuners in Romania...anyway i'll make the remap to a guy which imports a basic tuning file for stock WRX (from a US company don't know the name atm, forgot it) and from the rest on, we'll do logging and other mods for exhaust, bov (if he can do), intake, intercooler, turbo (in the future)

do u have any ideas if is something wrong if i install tomorrow the TBE (i did reset ECU 20km ago)? i took it for some serious redlines this evening several times from 1st gear to 4th in redline...need the 5th gear to push it hard as well?

LE : btw i read this some hours ago on ECU reset thread...did anyone tried this? or it's even TRUE? because i am sceptical about this

ok well u won't have any issues with installing a TBE....u might get a CEL but thats nothing....u can get a CEL fix

i never heard of doing the ECU reset....um from what i've always heard just unplug, wait, plug back up, drive, then after 200ish miles it will be totally reset....U might wanna call a company like COBB or a tuning shop u know
    05 OBP WRX

I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

zGb
    i already talked to COBB for the accessport...but doesn't work yet with european versions of subaru's

what do u mean by CEL (fix)? i have a decatted downpipe if CEL has something to do with the cat itself

LE : why do i need a cat? if that's what you're trying to tell me? to loose some power and the boxer sound? no way
    www.insomniaracing.org

Banned
    i already talked to COBB for the accessport...but doesn't work yet with european versions of subaru's

what do u mean by CEL (fix)? i have a decatted downpipe if CEL has something to do with the cat itself

LE : why do i need a cat? if that's what you're trying to tell me? to loose some power and the boxer sound? no way
    If your running an STI catless w/out a tune you are a not a very smart . Get to a tuner asap. Before your car becomes a 40,000 dollar paper weight.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    If your running an STI catless w/out a tune you are a not a very smart . Get to a tuner asap. Before your car becomes a 40,000 dollar paper weight.
    STI in euros cost closer to 70 thousand dollars
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Synchronic Bov Install + boost controller

So i finally managed to gather the funds, and the time to install the synchronic bov. I first purchased a hks wrx flange from ebay, and ordered the hks c clip. With a little loosening of the intercooler and maneuvering i got it in place. I had to route a t splitter in my boost line (not vacuum) across the intercooler and to the bov boost nozzle(for boosted cars greater than 7psi). It idles low(as expected) until i get the anti stall valve(more money gone). But i noticed on my boost gauge where ill normally run at like 14 psi, im only getting 9ish under full trottle. I have an old cheapo mbc and i install it after the bov t and ran straight to the wastegate but the car seems to completely ignore it, running at +17psi(i didnt go further) .my stock solenoid t is disconnected.

at 9 psi
    wastegate>---T---T--->compressor

| L----------bov boost line
    To stock controller

at 17+ psi
    wastegate>---v---T--->compressor

mbc L----------bov boost line

Any ideas? on how to get my 14psi back? new mbc? its the ebay one i think but bought it at a car parts store.

CEL=check engine light
    05 OBP WRX

what exactly happens when u don't run catted??? I know its bad but not exactly sure.....does it have to do with Boost Creep???? i know they throw CELs
    05 OBP WRX

Good job you just wasted money on 2 pointless items for your car that do absolutely nothing for performance.

"Any ideas? on how to get my 14psi back? new mbc?"

yah take both of those things off the car and put that money towards some engine management.

sorry if i flamed you at all but please research first next time.
    07 WRX TR
    | APS CAI | APS TMIC | SPT Short Throw Shifter | SRs 3" DP + Greedy EVO 2 CB | Blouch DOM 3.0R | Deatchwerks 750's | Walbro FP | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Up Pipe | Perrin EBCS | Prodrive Springs | 1-4 Helical PPG's | Pro Tuned by Mike @ GSTMotorsports 319 whp / 317 wtq @ 20 PSI |

aftermarket bpv's?

ok so i promise i searched. scout's honor. anyways what do we have in the ways of aftermarket bpv's? just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by STiBOi View Post
    Could it still be considered a sex toy if you get off from driving it?

Theres the 50/50 BOV half atmosphere half recirculating, cant remember the manufacture tho lol sorry.
    07 WRX TR
    | APS CAI | APS TMIC | SPT Short Throw Shifter | SRs 3" DP + Greedy EVO 2 CB | Blouch DOM 3.0R | Deatchwerks 750's | Walbro FP | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Up Pipe | Perrin EBCS | Prodrive Springs | 1-4 Helical PPG's | Pro Tuned by Mike @ GSTMotorsports 319 whp / 317 wtq @ 20 PSI |

zGb
    i have WRX, not STI....and i'll go to a tuner maybe even tonight or next week...thanks for infos
    www.insomniaracing.org

NP hope it works out!
    05 OBP WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    How versed are you in the EU programming? I'm not at all but I wouldnt call someone "not smart" when I myself do not know the car/ECU.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.