"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 631
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Name game time...who was it? I also know a chick that went there, but I'm 25 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Name game time...who was it? I also know a chick that went there, but I'm 25 and graduated almost 2 years ago.

Haha...nice. I played soccer at the Armory there for a couple years. Good times.

I also happen to hate that city with a passion. My sophomore year of college, my Acura Integra got stolen out of the Willy P parking lot (brick through the window) and was recovered 2 days later in an abandoned lot somewhere in West Orange...haha. It was totaled

ahh u wouldnt know him...i'm only 20....

damm dude that blows about ur integra....ya thats why i made friends with most of the car theifs in WO...they all know my car but i'm still praying to god that they won't steal it...but then again theres two insane STIs down the street and my boys IS300 tubro with 550whp around the block......i live directly across the street from the armory...i can see it from my house....lol!!!
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bov

Thanks alot for the info on that... but now, I really enjoy the blow off sound. What could install to hear that sound? sorry im a rookie at this. I heard someone say something about a K&N Crinkle SRI or something like that, what would be my best bet? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davs11 View Post
    Thanks alot for the info on that... but now, I really enjoy the blow off sound. What could install to hear that sound? sorry im a rookie at this. I heard someone say something about a K&N Crinkle SRI or something like that, what would be my best bet? Thanks
    If you like the sound...best thing you could do is pick up a K&N Typhoon intake (Crinkle red is the coating/color of it). I'd prefer the SPT intake as its made by Subaru specifically for a WRX or STI. It adds a really nice "woosh" to the turbo spooling up as well as a much more audible boost release upon shifting. Other than those two and the Cobb...thats all I would recommend.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

well once u install an exhaust even if its a catback ur guna get backfire and possible stalling.....its not good for ur engine to have a BOV on the car....but if u want the sound...its not exactly the same but ya SRIs will sound somewhat like ur BOV....i personally have a perrin intake and its pretty sweet....u hear the turbo when it spools....i would advise you to take the BOV sell it and get a stock BPV or aftermarket BPV like my APS 50/50...then get urself a SRI or you can search around the forums and find the forum that shows you how to change ur stock intake to a cold air intake....i havn't really looked into it but you should give it a look if you wanna save money.....then after that a TBE.....once u open up the exhaust then get urself an Access Port....U can also upgrade TMIC which will chill ur intake a ton b/c the stock TMIC has a lot of heatsoak...also look into getting a dual catch can setup(check ur intercooler and u'll see oil residue in it)......with the TMIC u can upgrade the Y pipe.....after that upgrade turbo, injectors, fuel pump....stiffen up suspension....get coilovers, sway bars, front and rear strut bar and a harness bar......

those are some basic to medium upgrades....
    05 OBP WRX

I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    well once u install an exhaust even if its a catback ur guna get backfire and possible stalling.....its not good for ur engine to have a BOV on the car....but if u want the sound...its not exactly the same but ya SRIs will sound somewhat like ur BOV....i personally have a perrin intake and its pretty sweet....u hear the turbo when it spools....i would advise you to take the BOV sell it and get a stock BPV or aftermarket BPV like my APS 50/50...then get urself a SRI or you can search around the forums and find the forum that shows you how to change ur stock intake to a cold air intake....i havn't really looked into it but you should give it a look if you wanna save money.....then after that a TBE.....once u open up the exhaust then get urself an Access Port....U can also upgrade TMIC which will chill ur intake a ton b/c the stock TMIC has a lot of heatsoak...also look into getting a dual catch can setup(check ur intercooler and u'll see oil residue in it)......with the TMIC u can upgrade the Y pipe.....after that upgrade turbo, injectors, fuel pump....stiffen up suspension....get coilovers, sway bars, front and rear strut bar and a harness bar......

those are some basic to medium upgrades....
    I dont have a Bov, I had ordered one but cancelled it once I got on this site. Stupid question also... what is a BPV?TBE?TMIC? like i said im a rooking and i greatly appreciate the help.

I dont have a Bov, I had ordered one but cancelled it once I got on this site. Stupid question also... what is a BPV?TBE?TMIC? like i said im a rooking and i greatly appreciate the help.

ok a BPV is the same as a BOV but it recirculates.....By Pass Valve
    TBE= turbo back exhaust
    TMIC=top mount intercooler
    FMIC=front mount intercooler
    CBE=catback exhaust
    CAI=cold air intake
    SRI=short ram intake
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    ok a BPV is the same as a BOV but it recirculates.....By Pass Valve
    TBE= turbo back exhaust
    TMIC=top mount intercooler
    FMIC=front mount intercooler
    CBE=catback exhaust
    CAI=cold air intake
    SRI=short ram intake
    What would you consider is better SRI or CAI? I am looking at some STP Cold air intakes at the moment.

if you are gonna get an intake get the spt or cobb.

yopu really dont need an intake, just buy a new drop in filter.

Quote Originally Posted by danscoobywagon View Post
    if you are gonna get an intake get the spt or cobb.

yopu really dont need an intake, just buy a new drop in filter.

hes exactly right...totoally forgot about droping in a filter....but don't go with a CAI b/c if u suck up water ur engine is dead

cobb or spt is also very good companies.....go with a name brand company that is specific for subies....
    05 OBP WRX

zGb
    Hello! After i read about 20-30 pages from this very big thread, for the moment i removed my ssqv bov (stayed on the car 2 days, i noticed the car was running like ****). I intend to install the TBE (arrived yesterday) and ECU remap soon and maybe after this mods i'll give another try to the ssqv (in the near future i intend to put the 2004 2.0T STI turbo). I have 2 friends who have both '06 2.5T WRX and they didn't have any problems with BOV installed after TBE, headers and ecu remap. What do u guys think? I am also considering into transforming the SSQV valve into a recicurlating valve if the car runs poor (after the mods mentioned ahead) until i'll get the STI turbo.
    '06 WRX - OZ Ultraleggera Gold, XS-Power TBE , HKS SSQV BOV
    www.insomniaracing.org

I Support ClubWRX
    04STI is 2.5L, btw.

Did you reset your ECU after you removed the ssv?
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

zGb
    04 STI in europe is 2.0 not 2.5

hmmm...no...how can i reset my ECU? sorry but i really don't get this please if you are kind let me know what you exactly you are trying to tell me
    '06 WRX - OZ Ultraleggera Gold, XS-Power TBE , HKS SSQV BOV
    www.insomniaracing.org

I Support ClubWRX
    right. i didnt pay attention to where you were.
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zGb View Post
    Hello! After i read about 20-30 pages from this very big thread, for the moment i removed my ssqv bov (stayed on the car 2 days, i noticed the car was running like ****). I intend to install the TBE (arrived yesterday) and ECU remap soon and maybe after this mods i'll give another try to the ssqv (in the near future i intend to put the 2004 2.0T STI turbo). I have 2 friends who have both '06 2.5T WRX and they didn't have any problems with BOV installed after TBE, headers and ecu remap. What do u guys think? I am also considering into transforming the SSQV valve into a recicurlating valve if the car runs poor (after the mods mentioned ahead) until i'll get the STI turbo.
    I think you'll possibly have the same issue. As for your two friends not having issues, I've got no explanation for you. I know I have issues with mine.
    Rogan o_0

reset ecu is easy....simply undo batter lines.....let sit for like 15 minutes then retach.......it should drive a little funny for the first 200 miles...but thats the car learning everything over.....
    05 OBP WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.