"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 630

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sedan...

sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 08wrxgirl View Post
    sedan
    ya, that's a little tougher to find exhaust for.

there's a bunch for the hatch as far as I know.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

tell me about it! i have been looking since i got my car and nothing yet except that borla..i should have waited!

Supposedly Megan Racing has one coming soon.

Some guy on here got one for free for his 08 sedan on here. prototype testing or something.

here's the thread:
    new exhaust for 08 sedans
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

yup..saw that..hopefully they come soon because i cant take the silence in my car much longer

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ok so i never had a stock BPV b/c i bought the car with a greddy type-rs bov..... it blew and ran me rich so i swaped for a APS 50/50 which i love ....had to buy a elbow and a recirc tube but it was well worth it!!!! still have some of the sound but with out the richness....

if you want the swoosh sound get an short ram intake!!!!!
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

vcustoms where in nj do u live? im in north nj to
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Hks SSQV BOv

I know that bov arent good for our cars but i was wondering if anyone knew exaclty was a recirculating adaptor does???

Quote Originally Posted by davs11 View Post
    I know that bov arent good for our cars but i was wondering if anyone knew exaclty was a recirculating adaptor does???
    dude look at ur BPV and to the bottom left of it theres an elbow...that elbow connects to a black hose and that hose connects to the turbo inlet.....a recirculating adaptor is pretty much that....with most aftermarket bpvs you can attach the elbow with hose to it.....then it recirulates....mine is 50/50 which means under high boost it will vent back to the turbo inlet and also let some air out....but under low boost..it will only recirc it....
    05 OBP WRX

I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

Quote Originally Posted by davs11 View Post
    Recirculating attachments do just that. The BOV lets off excess boost (air), so the adapter "recirculates" that air that is released during shifts, back into the intake track before the turbo. And like VCustoms above me said, is what that black rubber tube coming off the stock BPV does: Recircs the air back to the intake.

This is necessary for our cars and is the main reason why aftermarket vent-to-air BOVs "cause trouble" for WRXs/STIs. The MAF attached to the intake (stock air box, or whatever SRI or CAI intake you have) reads air coming into the engine. That is then added to the predetermined amount of air compensated for by the ECU that should be thrown to the intake from the recirculating valve. But with an BOV, that excess boost now goes to the air, but the ECU is still trying to compensate for it being in the air being taken in even though its not there...so it adds more fuel to the mixture, hence the running rich condition created by BOVs during shifting.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

hey mikie....wheres florence???? i've been living in NJ for like 18 years and i have no idea where that is
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    hey mikie....wheres florence???? i've been living in NJ for like 18 years and i have no idea where that is
    haha...you wouldn't believe how much I hear that and I've been here since I was 3. Well, I just moved out 2 weeks ago to Philly.

But its about 15-20 minutes south of Trenton, exit 6 off the turnpike.

Where you at in North Jersey? I went to William Paterson University, so I know up there very well.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

i'm in west orange...i know Willy P.....lol my boy went there...

damm ur down there!!!
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    i'm in west orange...i know Willy P.....lol my boy went there...

damm ur down there!!!
    Name game time...who was it? I also know a chick that went there, but I'm 25 and graduated almost 2 years ago.

Haha...nice. I played soccer at the Armory there for a couple years. Good times.

I also happen to hate that city with a passion. My sophomore year of college, my Acura Integra got stolen out of the Willy P parking lot (brick through the window) and was recovered 2 days later in an abandoned lot somewhere in West Orange...haha. It was totaled