"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 628

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well not only do i wanna get rid of it just because people say to but the only time i ...

well not only do i wanna get rid of it just because people say to but the only time i really hear it release is from 1st to second and occasionally from 2nd to third, I dont think im boosting enough to be utilizing the bov as much as the stock bpv would be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pondo View Post
    FWIW, I bought my 02 WRX 6 years ago and have been running a TurboXS type-RFL BOV on it for about 4 years now. The BOV is open to the atmosphere

RFL stands for REAL ****ing Loud. Let off the gas at 4k rpm and people will turn around from up to 3 blocks away. My engine has no hesitation, I pulled the plugs out at 60k miles and they look like they could go for another 40k miles.

Back in the day there wasn't a ton of "hate" on BOVs and honestly I don't see why it's started now.

I will admit though, the BOV is way too damn loud. I'm sick of people asking me in the car "WTF was that?" or "Learn how to drive stick man, you just ground 2nd"

In the next 6 months, I'm either picking up an 05-06 STI or an 03-04 M3. If I get the STI, its nothing getting a BOV.
    Back in about '03 when the BOV debates started, I bought a used RFL just to test. No matter how many washers were in it, the car slightly stumbled when the throttle was closed, and during low throttle situations. It was 100% noticeable. Switch back to your stock BPV and you WILL notice a difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    vrrrrooooom pshshshshsht!

That is all.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by pondo View Post
    FWIW, I bought my 02 WRX 6 years ago and have been running a TurboXS type-RFL BOV on it for about 4 years now. The BOV is open to the atmosphere

RFL stands for REAL ****ing Loud. Let off the gas at 4k rpm and people will turn around from up to 3 blocks away. My engine has no hesitation, I pulled the plugs out at 60k miles and they look like they could go for another 40k miles.

Back in the day there wasn't a ton of "hate" on BOVs and honestly I don't see why it's started now.

I will admit though, the BOV is way too damn loud. I'm sick of people asking me in the car "WTF was that?" or "Learn how to drive stick man, you just ground 2nd"

In the next 6 months, I'm either picking up an 05-06 STI or an 03-04 M3. If I get the STI, its nothing getting a BOV.
    -__-
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

bov question

greddy type-rs

1. the tightening bolt stripped the inside (the male that goes into the female.....females stripped) is there a way i can jsut buy that top???

2. how much would you sell this for as is?
    05 OBP WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    1. No

2. Nothing.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

why the hostility.....i didn't buy the part!!! nor did i leave it on the car when i bought the car.....running a APS 50/50 bpv
    05 OBP WRX

I am willing to trade my first born child as well... if the first born is not of the gender that you prefer, I will be more than happy to continue trying with the woman until you get the gender you prefer (I personally like the act of "Trying")

get a stock BPV and put it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

guys guys guys.....i already have a bpv but i have this one laying around and want to sell it but wanna knwo if i can rebuild it first or if i should just sell as is
    05 OBP WRX

quick fix

Quote Originally Posted by vcustoms View Post
    guys guys guys.....i already have a bpv but i have this one laying around and want to sell it but wanna knwo if i can rebuild it first or if i should just sell as is
    1. take the bov apart.
    2. go to a hardware store and buy a slightly larger set screw for the top.
    3. get a lock nut that fits this set screw.
    4. get a tap that is the same thread as the set screw and tap the top.
    5. put everything back together and it should work fine
    6. sell the bov

i did this to my old greddy type s bov. the tops of the greddy bovs are aluminum and strip easy. this happens alot. this is the best way to save your bov.

Quote Originally Posted by jakemp3surfin View Post
    1. take the bov apart.
    2. go to a hardware store and buy a slightly larger set screw for the top.
    3. get a lock nut that fits this set screw.
    4. get a tap that is the same thread as the set screw and tap the top.
    5. put everything back together and it should work fine
    6. sell the bov

i did this to my old greddy type s bov. the tops of the greddy bovs are aluminum and strip easy. this happens alot. this is the best way to save your bov.
    thanks a lot man!!!!!!!...roomate is guna buy it now
    05 OBP WRX

bov?

Guys,

I really want to get a blow off valve for my car but my buddy told me to get a "recirculating" one. I had a mopar one on my srt-4 and i loved the sound of it. Now is this a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by 08wrxgirl View Post
    Guys,

I really want to get a blow off valve for my car but my buddy told me to get a "recirculating" one. I had a mopar one on my srt-4 and i loved the sound of it. Now is this a no-no?
    Link in sig for you
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Please take some time to explore the links in my signature.

Also check this link out for some BOV info...

IBtehflames...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

IBtehflames...
    Shes a girl the flames wont be too extreme,

IBthelock if it was a guy haha.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2