"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 624
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Commence flaming Stock WRX runs at + 13.5psi...so whatever amount of washers will safely hold that stock psi and below... ...

Commence flaming

Stock WRX runs at + 13.5psi...so whatever amount of washers will safely hold that stock psi and below...

Just be prepared for some flaming and a lot of people telling you that your Cold Air Intake and BOV are bad, or at the very least, not necessary, especially on a stock engine...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Finally which one......

I have read lots of BOV threads and they all seem to not say which one works the best overall. I have an 03 WRX, which BOV is the most reliable im talking about no stalling,bogging, idle problems etc.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    If you would have searched you would of seen everybody and their dog saying "DO NOT GET A BOV". So don't get a BOV. /thread.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by elsuicida View Post
    ...which BOV is the most reliable im talking about no stalling,bogging, idle problems etc.
    The BPV that comes with the car
    If you MUST for the desire for sound, a 50/50 BOV will cause you the least grief. You really need to recirculate that air!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Turbo Smart or Tail
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Keep your stock BOV. Your engine will be happiest with that. Welcome to the site. You'll find that doing some SEARCHING will help you out a lot with topics that have been covered more than your mom on a hot summer night.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    Turbo Smart or Tail
    You mean Tial?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

This thread = headache
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Keep your stock BOV. Your engine will be happiest with that. Welcome to the site. You'll find that doing some SEARCHING will help you out a lot with topics that have been covered more than your mom on a hot summer night.

You mean Tial?
    Yeah, i'm stupid.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    FHI 20 p.s.i. (the stock one).
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

This thread=meh
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    This thread = headache
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    This thread=meh
    +1.
    Although it is a good tutorial for the noobs to read so they can decide for themselves if they want to get an aftermarket BOV or not. I just wish they would actually read it instead of asking the same question over & over & over & over again.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    +1.
    Although it is a good tutorial for the noobs to read so they can decide for themselves if they want to get an aftermarket BOV or not. I just wish they would actually read it instead of asking the same question over & over & over & over again.
    Thats the thing...

This thread is passed over so much, even though its a sticky, nobody ever opens it or searches or anything. They just blindly post and ask, "WHICH BOV ZOMG ROFLCOPTER !!!11!!111!!!" and wait for the responses. Then get upset at the responses they get giving the valid information (as well as crappy info that really is pointless and derogatory, ha).

Then ultimately, TR and Ray and the likes will just merge those new BOV threads with this one...thus giving the illusion that the OP didn't read this thread...well, they didn't...but didn't think to come here either...

...ok I'll shut up now...that was a major obvious overanalysis...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ...ok I'll shut up now...that was a major obvious overanalysis...
    ZOMG please do

These questions should equal an automatic ban!!!! Jeeeez, how many times can it be asked or mentioned?????

Why don't members search and read the frick'n forums?!?

OK, rant over. Next BOV question please.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Question Gfb??????

Ok so i was looking at subie sport today reading around and saw
    "GFB's range of blow off valves have been designed for your subaru... If you think your wrx or sti wont idle properly with an atmosphere-venting BOV then you havent tried GFB. Careful springs rate selection, port sizing and internal construction mean that you get the best possible throttle responce, max noise, and unrivability with no performance or driveability trade offs."

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT? i even called them and asked what was up with that and the guy simply said are blow off valves can be Atmosphere,recirc, or 50/50...The 50/50 bov will give no problems what so ever to your car.... i dont know if i believe that..what about you?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.