"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 623

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as in the holes for it wolnt fit on the car so i cant even put it on...

as in the holes for it wolnt fit on the car so i cant even put it on
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    as in the holes for it wolnt fit on the car so i cant even put it on
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What nobody realized...you have a different intercooler. 07 STI's still had a compatible intercooler that hasn't really changed. That never even occurred to me. Damn
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What nobody realized...you have a different intercooler. 07 STI's still had a compatible intercooler that hasn't really changed. That never even occurred to me. Damn
    ****! I bought a BPV off an '07 and I'm waiting for it to come.. will it fit on my bugeye?
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    ****! I bought a BPV off an '07 and I'm waiting for it to come.. will it fit on my bugeye?
    It actually might not if we're seeing fitment issues the other way around...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

wunderboy! I have a solution!

So this '07 BPV that I purchased might not fit on my '03 bugeye, and your '05 BPV won't fit on your '07. How about we just trade? You'd have to wait until around January 2nd, though, which is the ETA. It shipped out 2 days ago.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126

wunderboy! I have a solution!

So this '07 BPV that I purchased might not fit on my '03 bugeye, and your '05 BPV won't fit on your '07. How about we just trade? You'd have to wait until around January 2nd, though, which is the ETA. It shipped out 2 days ago.
    Scratch that.. learned that an '07 BPV will actually work on older models, but older model BPVs will not work on '07s.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126

Scratch that.. learned that an '07 BPV will actually work on older models, but older model BPVs will not work on '07s.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Yeah, I have an RFL and I also get a slight flutter in low boost situations... I removed one washer from the BOV and it helped a little bit, but almost so little it's not even worth it. I went from four washers to three and don't want to go any lower for losing boost's sake... I can't imagine it would be harmful at such low boost, but hey... I could be wrong... Anyone know the answer?

Recirculation on a HKS SSQ BOV

I got the Hks SSQ BOV on but i don't have it recirculating. I want to have it recirculating but i don't know how to install it to do so. Does any one know of a good instructions on how to set it up to recirculate. I think all the parts need to do so come with the BOV. Its probably really easy but i don't want to mess anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKSTI05 View Post
    I got the Hks SSQ BOV on but i don't have it recirculating. I want to have it recirculating but i don't know how to install it to do so. Does any one know of a good instructions on how to set it up to recirculate. I think all the parts need to do so come with the BOV. Its probably really easy but i don't want to mess anything up.
    You can't. Buy a recirculating BOV or a stock BPV.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126

I Support ClubWRX
    You can't. Buy a recirculating BOV or a stock BPV.
    not entirely true..

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...?productid=197

$39 for an HKS SS BOV recirculation kit..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

it does indeed
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    does anyone know if a stock 2005 wrx has the same stock BPV as a 2007 wrx tr?
    yes.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Actually, they're slightly different. To my understanding, the BPV from the 07 has some kind of groove-mounting method nearer to the middle of the BOV than the flanges. Because of this, the BPVs are backwards-compatible, but not the other way around. There's still flanges on the '07s that you can use to mount onto previous models.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126

Turbo-xs Type-h-rfl Bov adjustment

How do i know how many washers to take out i have a 03 wrx stock motor with cold air intake
    2003 wrx Wagon
    1993 Civic coupe type-R