"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 620

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys. Im about to trade in my 2000 civic si for a 2002 blue wrx. i have a couple ...

Banned

2002 wrx!

hey guys. Im about to trade in my 2000 civic si for a 2002 blue wrx.

i have a couple of questions now

the mods on the wrx are :
    (not sure what brand) FMIC
    greddy ssq bov
    2006 wrx full exhaust
    2006 wrx head unit
    intake.
    Tien lowering springs. only about a 1 to 1.5 inch drop.

the car has 85 thousand miles.

Now the A/F guage indicates that the car is running rich, and my guess was because of the blow off. now im just curious since i really enjoy the bov sound, what negative effects will keeping it on there running rich give me? will it lower the reliability or what? and also, since it has the fmic, should i maybe get it tuned? or should i just get accessport stage 1

i drove the car, it seems solid, clutch and tranni are good. tranni shifts like butter, went through all gears including reverse.

My future plans are just maybe a accessport stage 1, so what else would i need to purchase for it to run stage 1 properly.

so if someone could answer for me :
    1: will the greddy ssq bov lower the realiability of the car?
    2: will the greddy ssq bov effect the boost, turbo, mpg, performance of the car?
    3: Other negative effects of having the bov.
    4: Positive/negative effects of the FMIC
    5: Any positive/negative things to be said about the tien springs?
    6: last but not least, would u consider this a good purchase?

other mods : carbon fiber trunk, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber front lip, tints.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    so if someone could answer for me :
    1: will the greddy ssq bov lower the realiability of the car? Yes
    2: will the greddy ssq bov effect the boost, turbo, mpg, performance of the car? Yes
    3: Other negative effects of having the bov. The fact the previous owner had know clue what they were doing.
    4: Positive/negative effects of the FMIC Tons of lag on the stock turbo
    5: Any positive/negative things to be said about the tien springs? I don't know
    6: last but not least, would u consider this a good purchase? Don't know the asing price but I would have steered clear.

Banned

what are some negative effects of the bov? and how serious are they

and also what else do i need to do for stage 1

Banned
    what are some negative effects of the bov? and how serious are they

and also what else do i need to do for stage 1
    You need to do a lot of reserch my freind. I cannot learn you all you need to know about your car.

run from this car. fast.
    i wouldn't pay more than 5k for this car because of the odd selection of mods.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Yeah, sounds like the dude did alot of stuff and then went back to stock. Personally, I would look for a completely stock / unmolested car.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Banned
    can someone just tell me some negative effects because of the bov?

im new to turbo cars, and you gotta start somehwere to ill start here, cant blame me.

ask me something about a honda and ill tell u.

Sounds like a big risk. Get a stock WRX
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

can someone just tell me some negative effects because of the bov?

im new to turbo cars, and you gotta start somehwere to ill start here, cant blame me.

ask me something about a honda and ill tell u.
    it will run rich, but if it has a front mount, you pretty much have to run a bov as plumbing a recirc could be difficult.

the problem is that it is a modded car. try not to buy a modded car unless you personally know the guy selling it.

Banned
    well i know the guy selling it, he owns a performance shop, and just recently purchased it from one of his friends.

yea its hard to find a stock wrx for the price of basically under 10 g's which is what im basically paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Yeah, sounds like the dude did alot of stuff and then went back to stock. Personally, I would look for a completely stock / unmolested car.
    Thats the first thing that popped into my mind...why else would you put a later year stock exhaust system on it? Its not exactly a "performance upgrade"

Stage 1 is simply Cobb Accessport Stage 1 software flashed with no other changes. It just upgrades the stock map, smooths it out plenty and pulls out a little more power.

It sounds like the car you are getting, has been way past Stage 2 IMO...

Post up some pics...or start you a new thread for some more info on it, not just a BOV because it seems like the BOV is the least of your problems right now...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

removing BOV and adding BPV

i have a turbo xs BOV and its making my car run super rich how hard is it to take it off and put the stock BPV on the car? i dont know to much about turbo cars. any input would be appreciated.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    i have a turbo xs BOV and its making my car run super rich how hard is it to take it off and put the stock BPV on the car? i dont know to much about turbo cars. any input would be appreciated.
    Putting the stock BPV is very easy but you may want to swing it by a shop to be on the safe side. Anyways ive gone through 3 BOV on my wrx and its back at stock. anyways here is what you need

Parts needed
    Socket wrench. (I forgot if the BPV bolts are 11 or 12)(The intercooler is 13 I believe)
    Stock BPV

Anyways ill try and get some good directions for you today
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    well first off you need to see if the recirculation hose is still attached. usually it is just plugged with a metal stopper underneath your turbo xs bov.

to change the bov ungo the two bolts. take off the rubber hose attached to the top of the turbo xs. take the stopper out of the recirculation hose.

now with the stop bov slide the recirculation hose onto the bov tube. tighten that down with a clamp. slide the small rubber hose back onto the nipple. and re attach.

then whoosh you have a stock bov back on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat'swrx View Post
    if you have a bov and you dyno tune your car is it still making your car run too rich or should the tune fix all of that
    tuning isnt the issue.. the issue is the maf has already read the air, and is now fuelling for that air, but you let it out via bov, so now its rich..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft