"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 610
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Jeff. Well anyone know a good BOV to get for this purpose? also i heard you can ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. View Post
    Well anyone know a good BOV to get for this purpose? also i heard you can place it outsid your engine bay, is this true? thanks to who helps

Sorry, but this is the funniest thing I have read on this forum by far! Definately Sig worthy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Blow Off Valve?

Hey guys im new to club WRX and new to a 2005 WRX that i got about a month ago. I know that there are alot of different blow off valves but i just want to know which blow off valve would be the best. I had asked the subaru mechanic and he didnt really give me a straight answer, all he said was to get a GOOD blowoff valve. My car is stock but I am planing to put performance parts on it, any ideas for a GOOD blow off valve? Oh and will getting a blow off valve void my powertrain warranty? Thanks in advance : D
    Last edited by zemo; 10-11-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    Hey guys im new to club WRX and new to a 2005 WRX that i got about a month ago. I know that there are alot of different blow off valves but i just want to know which blow off valve would be the best. I had asked the subaru mechanic and he didnt really give me a straight answer, all he said was to get a GOOD blowoff valve. My car is stock but I am planing to put performance parts on it, any ideas for a GOOD blow off valve? Oh and will getting a blow off valve void my powertrain warranty? Thanks in advance : D
    Intro would be nice! But anyway, if you talked to the suby mechanic then you should have asked him if it voids the warranty. I am pretty sure it does, but don't quote me on that. Do a search and you will find many debates on whether it is a good upgrade or not.
    I feel the need....the neeeeeed for speed!

Quote Originally Posted by zemo View Post
    search BOV or goto engine modification thread and click the sticky BOV and read...

Welcome

Banned
    Hi!

And i beat the move.

And, well you're thread's gonna get moved there anyway, but you might wanna check the

big BOV thread:
    "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

with over 9000 replies.

But the short answer is don't change the stock BPV. just don't do it. At best it's pointless and a waste of money and at worst it'll slowly ruin your engine by making you run way too rich.

Banned
    another one bites the dust

Banned
    lol erik.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    PSSHSSHHSHHSSS erik.
    Fixed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Fixed
    lol. you should hear my brother's BOV on his miata. It sounds like an air compressor just exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    lol. you should hear my brother's BOV on his miata. It sounds like an air compressor just exploded.
    i need to get a god clip on the one on the rx-7

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    i need to get a god clip on the one on the rx-7
    Why don't you just use bolts? Should be stronger.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    My goal over the next few weeks is to slowly but surely cut this thread down to semi relevant posts. 50 posts were deleted tonight and some more will be done sooner. I'll leave the last few days worth of "educational" posts up but ramblings from 02-06 really arent needed.

Watch your BOV post count flutter.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

bov

im new to this site and the whole subaru scene.. ive had a 04 wrx for a year sold my sr powered 240.. just wondering ive got my wrx on the cobb stage 2 tune and is it ok to get an after market bov for these cars with the tune? Ive heard a lot of pros and cons from people but i just want to know exactly if its ok... thanks

ebsk8

Don't waste your money.Its does noting but make noise.

Stg 2 06STI
    02/04 WRX MSPT Tuned - 18g(DEAD)

"Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"-Vizzini

bov

thanks thats all i needed to know.. also one more question i got the cobb uppipe. does that make a pretty noticable difference as well.?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.