"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 601
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When i was younger and uneducated on WRX's or mods in general i picked up the HKS SSQV BOV. Stupid ...

HKS BOV recirculation

When i was younger and uneducated on WRX's or mods in general i picked up the HKS SSQV BOV.
    Stupid move now that i know but i was wondering if anyone has used the recirculation kit for it to get out of the atmospheric nature of it.
    Does it work as advertised?
    Sorry for starting another BOV thread=(
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never heard of a recrl. kit
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Cant find a specific BOV anywhere? do u know where?

Wats up guyz, i have a 07 STI and want a bov. I really like the one that sounds like a rattle snake. I have a video for example : http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=8

ANY HELP, will be greatly appreciated....thanks

im at work so i can't view the video but i think your talking about HKS SSQ
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luther TRD View Post
    Wats up guyz, i have a 07 STI and want a bov. I really like the one that sounds like a rattle snake. I have a video for example : http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=8

ANY HELP, will be greatly appreciated....thanks
    the video is saying the rattle snake one is bad because it causes turbo surge
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    or compressor surge...
    means it doesn't get activated at a low enough PSI and the back-pressure is causing the turbo to spin in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    it just sounded bad period...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    it just sounded bad period...
    it sounds cool if you don't know what it is really doing
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

when does a bov go off???

i just install this hks bov on my sti i thought the bov goes off when u shift but i notice that sometimes when i shift it doesnt go off it only goes off at high rpm when my turbo is building up and then the bov goes off is this normal?i also notice when i racing i notice my car was stuck on 5000 rpm n wouldnt go any further is that noraml for a untune sti with a bov??

my car use to have this problem with the rpm not going any higher...but i dont see it anymore....but ive never had the shift problem, if im at 3000rpm when i shift it goes

i had an rfl and that had the rpm problem, but now i have a type h and i dont have that problem!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread seems merge-rific...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

ya it is suppose to be in the BIG BOV THREAD!!!

u live and u learn!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

this guys posted like 5 threads...chill out man
    Dirty Crew #217 like it dirty? Dirty Thread |
    Military Milita #217 | Hawk-Eye Alliance #217 | Shaved Bumper Alliance #217

What does that mean?! If you dont know the lingo... Abbreviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are going to be crazy....it's best to be crazy with no regard for safety at all

no the other night one guy in like 5 minutes posted three threads about BOV's and THE J had to move them!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    no the other night one guy in like 5 minutes posted three threads about BOV's and THE J had to move them!
    oh gotcha...but if he simply does a search his questions would probably be answered

and everyone knows that if you are using a BOV untuned that youre gonna run rich. thats BOV 101 right there.

i think you should not buy a mod unless you know what it does and what its pros / cons are. read up before you purchase
    Dirty Crew #217 like it dirty? Dirty Thread |
    Military Milita #217 | Hawk-Eye Alliance #217 | Shaved Bumper Alliance #217

What does that mean?! If you dont know the lingo... Abbreviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you are going to be crazy....it's best to be crazy with no regard for safety at all

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.