"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 59
Page 59 of 788 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159559 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed my Forge 100% Atmo. BOV. I took a test ride with my MBC on set at 15.5 ...

Forge BOV ?

I just installed my Forge 100% Atmo. BOV. I took a test ride with my MBC on set at 15.5 in 4th at WOT.

If I shift into 3rd and go WOT to create boost pressure and let off the gas the BOV does not vent, and I get some sort of fluttering sound. But if I go to WOT in 3rd and then shift into 4th it vents and sounds great.

My boost gauge shows it is holding the pressure fine, and I do not hear any leaks under the hood when reving the engine.

What is this fluttering noise?
    Is something wrong?
    Is this bad?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mine works fine on blue spring....which you prolly have, call the people you bought it from and ask for a green spring, that will take care of it.
    (business closed)

I'm not really sure about this but I heard BOV's that go 100% into the atmosphere can do some damage. As I said I'm not exactly sure why, so maybe you should search. This is just what I've read, could be rumors could be fact. Good luck either way

No...no...no, 100% atmosphere BOVs won't do damage. It just makes your car run rich for a split second. I have the HKS SSQV. I can hardly notice my car running rich.

02WRX03060 -- Mine vents when I let off the gas. I'm not sure why your's isn't doing that. That fluttering noise is your waste gate. Judging from other posts, it's nothing to worry about.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Just to keep this on topic:
    I do not want any BOV's runing 100% are bad, your car will run rich. or take it off and put the stock back on responses please.
    The Forge BOV is specifically designed to eliminate the rich condition during shifting, and as WRXin' said the 100% atom. won't do damage.

What's the differance between the blue and green springs? Which one is stiffer?

Glad to hear the flutter is not damaging, I will be doing some more testing today.

Thanks

I have my MBC set pretty low (14.7-15psi) and I have also noticed that letting off the gas causes a flutter, but shifting vents nicely even allowing the stock BOV to whoosh. My question is why is it fluttering? Isn't it supposed to vent anytime the throttle is shut down? Anyone know?

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

spring rates go as follows:

Green = softest
    Blue = medium
    Red = hard

after about 500 miles the blue spring breaks in, I have had mine for over a year with the blue spring, 3 different turbos...all blow off fine.
    (business closed)

Well I drove around all morning doing errands, and now when I take my foot off of the gas it vents and the flutter seems to be going away. I never thought about what type of break in period this BOV requires, I just installed it yesterday at lunch.

I also sent an email to Forge (who I bought it from) describing my problem. Peter from Forge called me from the UK to help my with this. He said the fluttering was the wastegate and it is not going to damage anything. I also told him about my break in theory and he agreed and said it might take a few days for the springs etc. to seat properly. He is also sending me the yellow spring in the mail, and by the time it is here the BOV should be broken in, if the flutter is still there I will put in the yellow spring.

Gotta give props to the guys at Forge, they went out of their way to help me with this problem, not to mention they called me saving me the expense of an international call to the UK!!

Thanks

Gfb Bov

Just bought a GFB bov, i was just wondering if anyone has a sound clip of it or any info about how they like or dislike it on their car and how it sounds (louder than stock and noticable?). Thanks

also, whats the intake silencer? ive read some people have removed it but i dont know what it is.. as you can tell im new

Check this thread

silencer removal

The search function on this site is very powerful - give it a try and you will not have to wait for people to reply to these threads.

Cheers,

Andrew

BOV sound clip, anyone has it?

HKS, and GFB
    thanks ^_^

ive seen a few web sites with them... i think that team shift point's WRX has the HKS one...
    try a search on here too...
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

the Blitz SUS is nice indeed
    the HKS sound is loud
    what about GFB?

okay so i did a such and it SUCKs, now i would like some responses.. Does anyone have this bov? and can you give me likes or dislikes?

Is it easy to install ?