"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 577
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me hm.. is that a, " your fu**** retarted?" haha i can accept that....

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    hm.. is that a, " your fu**** retarted?" haha i can accept that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    There are noise maker things on ebay

i love it when i try to learn about something and all people do is laugh at you because they took 24 hours of there day to sit at there computer and read about this and that and laugh at people that are trying to take 10 minutes to learn about something that they don't know.

Banned
    Oh on the contrary, I was SO sinsere Buy a Noise Maker and leave the stock BVP alone. All the fun, none of the running rich

If you realy need to be venting presious psi then go with a 50/50 resurculating BOV

K

Backfiring!?

I've been noticing with my 04 wrx that every so often that I hear this poping sound, i guess its backfiring. I have an uppipe and a prodrive exhaust but no midpipe. Just wanted to know if any1 knows what this could be from and if its common with these cars. Sometimes its really loud just want to make sure that nothing serious is wrong with the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedWrx View Post
    hm.. is that a, " your fu**** retarted?" haha i can accept that.
    Thats a "What is the rattlesnake sound" and "why the hell would you want more noise?"

As far as I can decipher the "rattlesnake noise" your are hearing is wastegate operation or "flutter". It's normal it happens when you push the go pedal. Gets louder with a DP.

Now if you want a loud "pshhhh" sound, you can buy a 50/50 hybrid BPV by any of your favorite MFGs. That will give you a wooosh or whistle depending on the VTA horn. Now being someone who owned a cheapo BOV for a short time I can honestly tell you that after 15min I was soo annoyed I never wanna buy one again.

Happy hunting, drop the tude, use the search and find "The BIG BOV THREAD".
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^^^There it is...the tune...that allows you to be running a BOV fine. Which is what many people in this thread don't know or care to learn about...quite a shame actually...
    a tune may help a little, but there's nothing any tuner can do for lost metered air.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +43,898,800.6

Stock BPVs have been good upwards of 22psi's
    actually, mine says 19psi on it, but there is this MOD you can do to it...

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Thats a "What is the rattlesnake sound" and "why the hell would you want more noise?"

As far as I can decipher the "rattlesnake noise" your are hearing is wastegate operation or "flutter". It's normal it happens when you push the go pedal. Gets louder with a DP.

Now if you want a loud "pshhhh" sound, you can buy a 50/50 hybrid BPV by any of your favorite MFGs. That will give you a wooosh or whistle depending on the VTA horn. Now being someone who owned a cheapo BOV for a short time I can honestly tell you that after 15min I was soo annoyed I never wanna buy one again.

Happy hunting, drop the tude, use the search and find "The BIG BOV THREAD".

There you go.. all i wanted was a heads up. I didn't need any little blue faces with twitching eyes. or people just questioning me. I appreciate that you actually replied to me w/ something that helped. Thanks

You're getting that response because there is a huge BOV thread, hell, I think it's stickied. This will likely get merged into it as well. The noise you are seeking is created by venting to atmosphere. However, with a proper SRI, the stock BPV can make enough noise to be heard. I've got the K&N red typhoon SRI - I can hear the turbo spooling and other assorted noises pretty clearly. Honestly, it's sometimes a bit annoying.

I just called Cobb and asked the following:

Any news on the 350Z AP? He said there should be an update on the site near the end of the month regarding this.

Is it safe to use a 50/50 BOV, such as GoFastBits? He said that all it's going to do is make noise, but that as long as half of the air is being diverted back in - it should be fine on my 2002.

Is it safe to add an aftermarket header on my off the shelf vf34 map? He said he wouldn't recommend it without tuning for it as the timing and wastegate duty cycle should be adjusted to accomodate the change in how boost is going to build.

This took me all of about 5 minutes to call them up. You posted a thread and have been waiting for how long now for an answer? You're using Cobb's AP on your car, part of the benefit of paying so much for the AP compared to Open Source is the support, utilize the support they provide instead of whining on a forum.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    You're getting that response because there is a huge BOV thread, hell, I think it's stickied. This will likely get merged into it as well. The noise you are seeking is created by venting to atmosphere. However, with a proper SRI, the stock BPV can make enough noise to be heard. I've got the K&N red typhoon SRI - I can hear the turbo spooling and other assorted noises pretty clearly. Honestly, it's sometimes a bit annoying.

I just called Cobb and asked the following:

Any news on the 350Z AP? He said there should be an update on the site near the end of the month regarding this.

Is it safe to use a 50/50 BOV, such as GoFastBits? He said that all it's going to do is make noise, but that as long as half of the air is being diverted back in - it should be fine on my 2002.

Is it safe to add an aftermarket header on my off the shelf vf34 map? He said he wouldn't recommend it without tuning for it as the timing and wastegate duty cycle should be adjusted to accomodate the change in how boost is going to build.

This took me all of about 5 minutes to call them up. You posted a thread and have been waiting for how long now for an answer? You're using Cobb's AP on your car, part of the benefit of paying so much for the AP compared to Open Source is the support, utilize the support they provide instead of whining on a forum.
    you need to quit being such a D*ck, haha jk, if you want more sound or a different sound, you should keep your sri, and then snag up something like an hks ssqv, they make lots of weird bov noises, but they can also be used as a bpv, there is a little adapter that you can buy with them to re-route the air back into the intake. and it should change the sound, make it a little louder and all that jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
    yall retarded i sware!!! horsepower my ass!!!! BOV is gay!!! but it came with the car and the Bypass is broke so what can i do!!!
    Improper grammar, incorrect spelling, and excessive exclamations kills 5 kittens a day.

I Support ClubWRX
    Play nice or we wont play at all. Most of this info. is in the BOV thread.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by JSCspeed View Post
    Are those the only mods on the car?
    The only other mod I have is a SPT intake.

Still looking for a good BPV or 100% recirclative Bov my stocker is worthless beyond 18.5 psi.

Forge BPV i have no matter what spring i put in there gos ping ping or Piiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng constantly at a certain psi or at every shift sounds like damn junk rattling at ......under 1psi......

Im still looking and no i dont want the phhhssshhh just something that wont flutter badly or better yet sound stock on my perrin inlet hose.
    Last edited by dingobite; 07-04-2007 at 12:30 AM.
    Built 2.0l, DB super16g, Espilir JGT500exhuast And More.

Bov ?

Why are BOV bad?

Why is a BOV good?
    AP Stage 2- 2006 WRX TR (WRB)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.