"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 575

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have a HKS BOV on how does it sound and would u recommend getting one... ?...

About HKS blow off valve....

Does anyone have a HKS BOV on how does it sound and would u recommend getting one... ?
    Freddie WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freddie wrx View Post
    would u recommend getting one... ?
    NO!!!!!!!111!!!!!
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

Y whats the reason?? what u recommend??
    Freddie WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Even if you got to the point you need one the HKS SSQ leaks alot.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

If You Want Crazy Loud Bov.. Go With The Turbo Xs Rfl Thats What I Got And Ill Tell You It Scares The Crap Out Of People

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfastwrx04 View Post
    If You Want Crazy Loud Bov.. Go With The Turbo Xs Rfl Thats What I Got And Ill Tell You It Scares The Crap Out Of People
    it will scare the hell out of your engine too because you're running richer between shifts...and if you have a catless DP...flames FTW...

Ninja Edit!:
    But I didn't notice you have a pretty nice setup with an STI swap...running some high numbers (so boost is probably higher), not bad. So a BOV on your setup isn't really all that bad
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

So What... I Run Rich Wrx Should Run Rich.. And The Flames That Come Out Are Very Rare Only Happens If The Bov Leaks... Pluss I Dont Have Any Problems With Mine Or My Engine So Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    it will scare the hell out of your engine too because you're running richer between shifts...and if you have a catless DP...flames FTW...
    that's why i wanna run cat-less and get a BOV at the same time, at least for a while, the flames would rule!
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hell If U Want Some Real Flames Dude... 4in Down Pipe No Cat And 3in Exhaust... Is The Way To Go Thats What I Got.. And Get The Meth Kit ... Then Ull Shoot Blue Flames Like 2 Feet Out And Add Like 60 Whp... Im Just About At 400 To The Wheels And Once I Get This Kit Ill Be Well Over 400 And Its Only 800 Bucks... My Boy Has It Its Sick As Hell

Banned
    SCREW THIS MONSTEROUS THREAD

So What... I Run Rich Wrx Should Run Rich.. And The Flames That Come Out Are Very Rare Only Happens If The Bov Leaks... Pluss I Dont Have Any Problems With Mine Or My Engine So Idk
    Yeah WRXs run rich because they need the gas to compensate for condensed air...but too rich is too rich no matter what car= not good in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb View Post
    that's why i wanna run cat-less and get a BOV at the same time, at least for a while, the flames would rule!
    I have the stock BPV and I still shoot a fireball here or there with my catless Invidia...but its not the best thing for the car and you can certainly get pulled over for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    SCREW THIS MONSTEROUS THREAD
    +1
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Idk I Never Have A Prob Running To Rich.. But Then Again Its All Tuned And Stuff.. I Got The Turbo Xs 4in Down Pipe. And The Turbo Xs 3in Turbo Back.. And The Sti Up Pipe. Never Got Pulled Over Yet So Idk.. And Been Plenty Of Times That Its Blown Flames With Cops Behind Me..

^^^There it is...the tune...that allows you to be running a BOV fine. Which is what many people in this thread don't know or care to learn about...quite a shame actually...