"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 572

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; thanks do you maybe know where on the net can i find out and also the location of the BPV ...

thanks

do you maybe know where on the net can i find out and also the location of the BPV in the engine, i also pretty new to the whole Scooby thing and the bug has me now and now i want to upgrade.

thks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Bertus, and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here are some links I suggest you check out to answer your questions and help you decide which is the best modding path to choose:
    Everything you could want to know about Subarus and ClubWRX
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

Also, I noticed you said you have an '01 WRX, which makes me believe you aren't from the United States. Where are you from?

Post up some pics of your WRX!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Exclamation

Tks dude.
    Yes, i am from SOuth Africa.

Will take some and post on here, just need to wash it bfore hand, it is black so it gets dirty very quick on in this windy weather...

How can i tell what PSI my turbo kicks out?

If you really want the psssssst sound, just get a BOV
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    How can i tell what PSI my turbo kicks out?
    You need a boost guage. I believe the '01 WRX in other countries is pretty much the same as the '02 here in the US. If that's the case, your stock bov is connected to the IC, to the right of the pipe from the IC to the intake manifold.

And don't get an aftermarket BOV. They'll cause you all kinds of headaches unless you get a custom tune. Start with the links speedette posted. I always like to tell people to start from the ground up. Do tires first, then maybe wheels, then suspension. After that, worry about power.

Banned
    Get a boost gadge and start to reaserch how to get rid of catalitic converters. The car you have is unlike any other. They sound mean as hell with a full turbo back exahust and uppipe. Shoot for that Any other mods before this and we will castrate you for making funny nosies.

Quote Originally Posted by SubyPsycho View Post
    You need a boost guage. I believe the '01 WRX in other countries is pretty much the same as the '02 here in the US. If that's the case, your stock bov is connected to the IC, to the right of the pipe from the IC to the intake manifold.

And don't get an aftermarket BOV. They'll cause you all kinds of headaches unless you get a custom tune. Start with the links speedette posted. I always like to tell people to start from the ground up. Do tires first, then maybe wheels, then suspension. After that, worry about power.

True, so what kind should i get then? I see the normal BOV's (Subaru) doesnt have a pipe going to your intake manifold and need some modification before you can use them?

installing aftermarket bov

ok got a sequential and not the slightest clue on how to install it ... any help would be cool thanks

richard

If you have a good arm just drive to the edge of a large pond and throw it as far as you can.

I'm gonna sit back and grab the popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

No offense but changing the BOV is one of the easiest and most pointless things to do for your car
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Step1: Unbolt old one from intercooler and save in box
    Step2: Bolt new on onto intercooler and attach necessary vacuum fittings
    Step3: Drive car, listen to "pshht pshht" a couple of times, get 20 mpg and lose boost between shifts causing your car to drive like garbage
    Step4: Replace shiney new blowofff valve with the stock one that works 104% better.
    Step5: Sell aftermarket valve on ebay for 70% depreciation
    Step6: Kick yourself

take off stock, then replace. bad mod, return it if you can.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

lol aright ill leave it alone .. i just get bored easily and i want a different sound

Quote Originally Posted by rich_wrx0911 View Post
    lol aright ill leave it alone .. i just get bored easily and i want a different sound
    get a short ram intake
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING