"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 561

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ohhhh , wah! thas lots to read then, btw, im pretty not good with all this terms here, whas running ...

ohhhh , wah! thas lots to read then, btw, im pretty not good with all this terms here, whas running rich?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Simple, just don't get one. When you are ready for one, you will know what running rich is.

You don't need on untill you have a bigger turbo running over 22-25psi. Not slightly bigger but a rather large turbo. By that time you will have learned a few things or crashed your car.
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

Quote Originally Posted by hungtran06wrx View Post
    ohhhh , wah! thas lots to read then, btw, im pretty not good with all this terms here, whas running rich?
    Act now and you may be able to re-sell your car without taking to much of a hit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Simple, just don't get one. When you are ready for one, you will know what running rich is.

You don't need on untill you have a bigger turbo running over 22-25psi. Not slightly bigger but a rather large turbo. By that time you will have learned a few things or crashed your car.
    My understanding is over 18psi the stock rbv can't handle the flow...

and rich is too much money in your pockets, or too much gas in the cyl's. You run rich, means too much gas in your air fuel ratio. Too much gas and you're definitely gonna screw up your car.. it's just a matter of time. whether it's 10k miles or 60k.. either way it's not worth it to hear PSHHH
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

---<<<(((The BIG BOV thread)))>>>---

I filmed alot the day I edited this, and most of my clips featured alot of BPV sound, so I thought I would post this to anyone wanting to know the volume and frequency of the stock by pass valve noise. This would also help to steer those away from trying to buy atmospherics, against the wishes of all in the forums.

I didn't make this to show off my car or anything, I just hear alot of people saying that this BPV can't be stock etc, but it is and the only thing I have done to the actual valve is mirror finish the connection to the intercooler.

Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect when you run an intake or at least a silencer delete, although it won't be as loud.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2019353317
    Last edited by WRX2006; 04-03-2007 at 10:32 PM.

IHI td04?
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

i thought it was the stock bpv not bov.
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

Ported and Polished TD-04 (hot side and cold side including wastegate)

And I always just called it a blow off valve, but yes some call it a by-pass valve and are correct in that statement. No harm no foul, I've just always called it that because most don't know the other terms.

nice video btw. i can hear mine better cuz i dont have your exhaust..but yea most people dont know how loud our stock bpv is with the intake silencer delete mod.
    Lokin&Tokin

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2006 View Post
    I didn't make this to show off my car or anything
    sure. but, wrxy sex
    07 white STi in CT

Quote Originally Posted by eze13 View Post
    nice video btw. i can hear mine better cuz i dont have your exhaust..but yea most people dont know how loud our stock bpv is with the intake silencer delete mod.
    Agreed. My friend who I am currently visiting is driving an 04 is running just a cat-back and we did the silencer delete. You could hear it so long as you had the radio off. Then we installed the K&N Typhoon Intake and it can be heard from outside the car. Pretty cheap audio mod, and very fun.

And thanks... how'd you like the steering wheel camera. Holding a camera and the steering wheel, then shifting under boost is hard

IHI doesn't make the tdo4, Mitsubishi does.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

---<<<(((The BIG BOV thread)))>>>---

here is the big question when i am buying a aftermarket bov do i have to buy one that recirclates and hook the hose back up to bov that goes to the intake or would i be fine getting one that doesnt need to be hooked up to the intake and just plug up the hole on the intake. the reson im asking this is because i herd if you dont hook the hose back up it will cause my car to lean out help me out thank you.

dont buy it
    Lokin&Tokin

Quote Originally Posted by eze13 View Post
    dont buy it
    so leave it stock?