"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 556

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by betes sup guys, thanks for the comments in the i need advice thread, but im not familar ...

Quote Originally Posted by betes View Post
    sup guys, thanks for the comments in the i need advice thread, but im not familar with xpt or any of that, but another question is that what do you think the loudest blow off valve there is? i want the loudest around town from the factory but i gotta know which one, thanks
    if you really want to sound cool, record the sound of pots and pans clanging together and play it over a PA system every time you shift.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    *Bangs head against wall*

The loud ones are the ones that are NOT good for your car!!!!

Please read: BOV FAQ
    LIES!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Banned

Whoooo hooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon View Post
    What irritates me is the fact that a lot of people think when you reach or exceed the approx. 19-20 psi threshold of the stock BPV that you're left with no choice but to get a BOV and therefore put up with it's negative aspects in exchange for the valve's ability to hold higher boost pressures.

In reality, the issue at hand when dealing with 20+ psi of boost is merely the strength of the valve itself, not so much the method (BPV vs. BOV) of displacing excess boost pressure. With that in mind, know that there are many aftermarket BPV out there that work exactly like the stock valve does, with all of the recirculation goodness, but are stronger and can hold boost pressures above 20+ psi like any aftermarket BOV can. So switching from recirculation to atmospheric for boost pressures above 20+ psi isn't necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexspeedmaster View Post
    ACTUAL ANSWER:::
    you will need to weld the flange for the HKS onto the piping for the Turbo XS FMIC. Its been done, just need to weld it. Hope this helps.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon View Post
    What irritates me is the fact that a lot of people think when you reach or exceed the approx. 19-20 psi threshold of the stock BPV that you're left with no choice but to get a BOV and therefore put up with it's negative aspects in exchange for the valve's ability to hold higher boost pressures.

In reality, the issue at hand when dealing with 20+ psi of boost is merely the strength of the valve itself, not so much the method (BPV vs. BOV) of displacing excess boost pressure. With that in mind, know that there are many aftermarket BPV out there that work exactly like the stock valve does, with all of the recirculation goodness, but are stronger and can hold boost pressures above 20+ psi like any aftermarket BOV can. So switching from recirculation to atmospheric for boost pressures above 20+ psi isn't necessary.
    That HKS ssqv is also a BPV all you have to do is have the proper hardware (comes with kit or is sold seperately).

maybe i am going to sound dumb but what is a DV, maybe i can help you out...

Quote Originally Posted by rexspeedmaster View Post
    maybe i am going to sound dumb but what is a DV, maybe i can help you out...
    its a Diverter Valves like the GTI

Just got a GReddy Blow Off Valve and....

Well I just bought a GReddy blow off valve. I simply have just the blow off valve, vacuum hosing a 3 way splitter for the hose...I need a mounting bracket to install this onto my intercooler as you're supposed to do...has anybody had a GReddy Type RS blow off valve and installled it on an sti. My car is a 2006 by the way...thank you so much

basically I need to know where to get this mounting bracket...

Picture of BOV:

It's bad for your car - return it and buy something that doesn't cause issues. If you need the noise you can buy one of the electronic BOV noise simulators off ebay.

Welcome to the forum, hit the stickies.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

+123 to the above comment.

Unless of course, you're rolling around with over 22+psi of boost, and/or are EXTREMELY modded and tuned for a blow-off valve. Which I highly doubt you are.

I don't want to sound mean, but please, PLEASE read the stickies, research the forums, research YOUR CAR, and sell the blow off valve.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Why do people think a blow off valve is the first thing to buy on a turbo 32,000$ car?
    CGM

Help with bov

I am under the impression that a bov on a sock WRX turbo is harmless but my friend keeps telling me it shortens the life of the turbo if you put a bov on a turbo with stock boost. Can anyone tell me which one of us is correct?

bov's on subies are bad because they cause you to run rich
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Why do people think a blow off valve is the first thing to buy on a turbo 32,000$ car?
    because thats what you do on most other cars to increase the life of the turbo but not on subies
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=1#post1863704

p.s. this thread will be merged with that link soon
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoman324 View Post
    I am under the impression that a bov on a sock WRX turbo is harmless but my friend keeps telling me it shortens the life of the turbo if you put a bov on a turbo with stock boost. Can anyone tell me which one of us is correct?
    Check --<<<(((The BIG BOV thread)))>>>--- for all the info you could ever want on this.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: