"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 555

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; want some cheese with that whine? any way im pretty sure the theory of operation is the same with 14lbs ...

whhaaaa

want some cheese with that whine? any way im pretty sure the theory of operation is the same with 14lbs or 20 lbs tmic fmic. same engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    want some cheese with that whine? any way im pretty sure the theory of operation is the same with 14lbs or 20 lbs tmic fmic. same engine.
    Sure it is. You're right. Flame away, e-thugz!

BTW, I said over 20 psi (ya know, 20psi, the end of the stocker's ability to reliably hold boost).

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Maybe because he's going with a FMIC? Maybe he's using a big turbo, going over 20 PSI? Maybe he did search and found a bunch of threads posted by noobs getting flamed by noobs? There is a time and a place for a BOV thread and he was heading towards that place at about the right time

+1,000,000,000

When someone comes on and says, hey I have a stock rex and want to go PSHHHHHHT, sure, tell them to go search n00b.

You don't know what he has done to his car, he is going with an fmic so there is a good chance he doesn't have a stock turbo, at that point, especially if he ever hopes to run race gas, the stock bov is not gonna cut it, I have a bov that will be going on real soon, guess I should've searched

Anyway, if the HKS is coming with a stock style flange, the FMIC should have a place to mount any bov that has a stock style flange, so you SHOULDN'T need anything.

Lee
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

apparently you all had better luck than what ive seen, because I have seen people with no supporting mods just decide to throw a FMIC on their car and then decide they also want a BOV, and since he only had 6 posts yea I assumed.

I apologize for assuming, So to the thread starter, please post your other mods an i can give you an accurate response.

What irritates me is the fact that a lot of people think when you reach or exceed the approx. 19-20 psi threshold of the stock BPV that you're left with no choice but to get a BOV and therefore put up with it's negative aspects in exchange for the valve's ability to hold higher boost pressures.

In reality, the issue at hand when dealing with 20+ psi of boost is merely the strength of the valve itself, not so much the method (BPV vs. BOV) of displacing excess boost pressure. With that in mind, know that there are many aftermarket BPV out there that work exactly like the stock valve does, with all of the recirculation goodness, but are stronger and can hold boost pressures above 20+ psi like any aftermarket BOV can. So switching from recirculation to atmospheric for boost pressures above 20+ psi isn't necessary.
    Last edited by cheeseybacon; 03-17-2007 at 10:19 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ACTUAL ANSWER:::
    you will need to weld the flange for the HKS onto the piping for the Turbo XS FMIC. Its been done, just need to weld it. Hope this helps.

Does the WRX have a DV

i know BOV are bad but if the WRX has a DV is any1 runing turboXS DV?

thanks

finally someone gives me an actually answer... yeah i know i would have to weld... but i was just wondering if anyone has found an adapter that goes from the turboxs fmic flange to an hks flange?

i think i found something but am not sure if it will work

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=FLG

if someone could verify this and let me know i would appreciate it!

thanks,
    Alex

you will need to weld the flange for the HKS onto the piping for the Turbo XS FMIC. Its been done, just need to weld it. Hope this helps.
    +1, but look into turbo smart BOV, HKS tends to leak.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Loudest BOV?

sup guys, thanks for the comments in the i need advice thread, but im not familar with xpt or any of that, but another question is that what do you think the loudest blow off valve there is? i want the loudest around town from the factory but i gotta know which one, thanks

PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Peachypumpkincheeks

*Bangs head against wall*

The loud ones are the ones that are NOT good for your car!!!!

Please read: BOV FAQ
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

18g + ppg =

sup guys, thanks for the comments in the i need advice thread, but im not familar with xpt or any of that, but another question is that what do you think the loudest blow off valve there is? i want the loudest around town from the factory but i gotta know which one, thanks

is there any hope

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg240 View Post
    +1 best.

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835 View Post
    omg.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!