"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 554
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; don't get a bov.. last dude was right... bad ju ju with rich shifts. Just get a sri (Short ram ...

I Support ClubWRX
    don't get a bov.. last dude was right... bad ju ju with rich shifts. Just get a sri (Short ram intake). WRX has many options available, but the best 4 that don't screw up the MAF are: APS Cobb K&N Typhoon and SPT.

APS Good, but ugly IMO, Works great with front mount intercoolers.
    Cobb you hear stories about the high temp glue melting. Otherwise good reviews.
    K&N I own, like it b/c of the heatshield
    SPT also has heatshield, but you have to buy separate. Costs more than K&N but if you get subaru to install it, no warranty voidage.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was in the same situation about 3 months back.......I was looking into BOV's and was weighing the pros and cons. I decided to put one on and I think it was worth it. I have an 05 with like 20K miles on it and the BOV hasn't caused any problems. In combination with a short ram intake (I did AEM short ram), the car sounds really good at higher RPM. I recommend the Perrin vent to atmosphere BOV if you are also looking for that badass PSHHHHHH

I Support ClubWRX
    BTW w/ recirculating bypass valves (RBV) you can hear the blow off valve sound with a short ram intake, or the snorkus delete. More so w/ sri's tho.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BlackBeauty View Post
    I was in the same situation about 3 months back.......I was looking into BOV's and was weighing the pros and cons. I decided to put one on and I think it was worth it. I have an 05 with like 20K miles on it and the BOV hasn't caused any problems. In combination with a short ram intake (I did AEM short ram), the car sounds really good at higher RPM. I recommend the Perrin vent to atmosphere BOV if you are also looking for that badass PSHHHHHH
    At least get a dual vent like the APS if you are REALLY wanting a bov... but it's not worth it man. sure smoking doesn't kill you immediately (ie 20k miles) but it will sooner than you expected, and in a very painful way... just like a bov.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I really couldn't help but wonder how an aftermarket BOV (the stock one is re-circ) is going to be that much of a concern.....after all people do buy manual boost controllers for use with stock turbo and engine internals. After all, you could always smoke pot and kill ur lungs alot quicker than cigs would..........

it's incredible that we have 500+ pages of bov burns and no one reads even one page.

"omg bov thread. [typing]omg, you guys suck. bov's sound so cool! why do they hurt my car though?[/typing]" [post=click]pg 57,796[/post]
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BlackBeauty View Post
    I really couldn't help but wonder how an aftermarket BOV (the stock one is re-circ) is going to be that much of a concern.....after all people do buy manual boost controllers for use with stock turbo and engine internals. After all, you could always smoke pot and kill ur lungs alot quicker than cigs would..........

name one person that's died from smoking weed. And one person that has run a mbc on a fully stock vehicle for 100k miles lol

I am definitely unsubscribing from this post... u're not joking. 500+ pages? This is getting OLD... We need a sticky that says why stock cars shouldn't use a BOV, and how to properly use one if you're that into the show off valve sound.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

i wanna bov i like the phsittttttttttttttttttttttttt

j/k
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Blow off Valve

I was just wondering if it was worth getting a blowoff valve for my wrx and what brands would be suggested, also i was curious if this would void any kind of warranty i have. Thanks.

First I have to ask if you are serious or not.

If you are serious then don't bother with a bov (can harm engine over time, rough engine idle, engine stalling during idle) get an SPT intake to increase the sound of the stock bypass valve and increase the sound of the turbo.
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Next week I am getting the spt exhaust system put onto my car and hopefully in a month or two get the spt high flow air intake and heat shield.

No BOV...but if you must make sure its the Rattlesnake BOV.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Hks Ssqv Bov

What would I need to get to bolt the HKS SSQV BOV to a Turboxs front mount intercooler?

thanks,
    Alex

any particular reason why you are getting a BOV when you know they arent good for the wrx or STi, and if you didnt know that, I would suggest doing some searching around on them first.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi View Post
    any particular reason why you are getting a BOV when you know they arent good for the wrx or STi, and if you didnt know that, I would suggest doing some searching around on them first.
    Maybe because he's going with a FMIC? Maybe he's using a big turbo, going over 20 PSI? Maybe he did search and found a bunch of threads posted by noobs getting flamed by noobs? There is a time and a place for a BOV thread and he was heading towards that place at about the right time

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.