"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 55
Page 55 of 788 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155555 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If had to choose between the two I'd go for BLITZ DD BOV......

If had to choose between the two I'd go for BLITZ DD BOV...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd like to get a BOV as well... I just want the sound (guess I'm a ricer lol). I am not sure which one to get though. I'd probably prefer a 50/50 setup for my own anal retentiveness although I certainly trust God's advice.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

So what in essence does a BOV do for performance?

I trying to sell my Blitz DD BOV for 02 WRX for 160 shipped. I need the money so Im parting my beloved BOV out...Or will trade for a boost gauge!
    Turbo kicks ass!!

Originally posted by brembo
    So what in essence does a BOV do for performance?
    Nothing. You already have a BOV that recirculates the air. The two that ***biGRed*** is looking at are 100% atmosphere, which means they release the air/boost built by the turbo into the atmosphere making that cool sound.

Essentially, the purpose of the BOV (stock or aftermarket) is so that the unused boost built by the turbo is vented as opposed to going back into the turbine. If that was to happen, it would be like sticking a stick in the spokes of a bicycle wheel while it's moving. I'm sure we've all done that to our little brothers at some point and seen the results...it's not a good outcome.

BTW ***biGRed***, the HKS would win my vote from the two you're looking at. I've heard and fell in love with it. It has a high pitched sound that reminds me of The Terminator. However, I've never heard the Blitz BOV. If I'm not mistaken, Dan(God) should have a clip on his site...don't you Dan?
    Last edited by WRXin'; 10-24-2002 at 10:56 PM.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I just set my GFB BOV to 100%. I have no issues what so ever. Car runs just fine. It's also a lot louder than when it was at 50/50. I'm gonna leave it at full vent. Sound is awesome and the car runs the same.

after hearing both the HKS & Blitz BOV's i think the HKS sounds a bit "cooler" than the Blitz. Like WRXin' said it has that high pitched sound that is pretty cool. oh yeah, do you guys think that this mod will void my warranty? or set off CEL's?

eddie

I bet if your turbo **** the bed and they saw an aftermarket BOV they would try to get out of fixing it.. Thats why you hang on to the stock one.
    Im going to keep all my stock parts just in case.

Originally posted by ***biGRed***
    after hearing both the HKS & Blitz BOV's i think the HKS sounds a bit "cooler" than the Blitz. Like WRXin' said it has that high pitched sound that is pretty cool. oh yeah, do you guys think that this mod will void my warranty? or set off CEL's?

eddie
    No...the BOV will not void your warranty, and will not give you a CEL.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Who makes 50/50 bov's? I thought that the HKS SSQ could be set up 50/50? I want 50/50 'cause I think that 100% would be too loud for a daily driving basis. Please specify where you can get a bov if you reccomend a brand.
    Last edited by hobbzz; 10-27-2002 at 12:35 PM.

Originally posted by hobbzz
    Who makes 50/50 bov's? I thought that the HKS SSQ could be set up 50/50? I want 50/50 'cause I think that 100% would be too loud for a daily driving basis. Please specify where you can get a bov if you reccomend a brand.
    GFB and APS both make 50/50 valves. I have the GFB, but mine is set to 100% vent. I have a video clip of it you want to see what it sounds like. Shoot me an E-mail .

hks is better IMO. I know first hand..I've had both blitz and hks. Blitz, no matter how much I adjusted it, would cause the turbo to flutter. NO problems with the hks. Not to mention the hks sounds cooler and offers a recirculation kit.

fastarsewrx... where can you get the recirc kit for the hks? Is it
    100% or 50/50? It wouldn't make any noise at all if it were recirculating 100% correct? Anyone know where you can get a sound clip of the hks? I heard it on someone's car once but wasn't really paying attention as to how loud it was. Does the volume vary depending on how hard you are punching it, or any other reason? Or is it always the same loud volume?

I also heard of aftermarket 100% venting bovs causing cels because they make you run rich between shifts. And that you should run a link, or the like, to control the maf/mas to prevent the cel. And finally that they slow you down, again because you run rich between shifts. This was a member explaining what actually happened to him, and what he was told by an "experianced person". He got the cel and was told it was because blah blah blah from above. Was this a rare occurance or something common?
    Last edited by hobbzz; 10-27-2002 at 09:14 PM.

Question Recirulation kit for Greddy type-s BOV?

I heard there was a kit, but I can't find any info anywhere for a recirculation kit for this BOV. Does anyone know where I can find one?? Thanks in advance.