"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 549

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by DSMKilla Just so everyone is aware. I felt like b*tching today. This thread can be good. Make ...

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Just so everyone is aware. I felt like b*tching today.
    This thread can be good. Make a couple of random clicks, try to find the info you're looking for. If not, ask someone. Isn't that one of the basic reasons for forums in general? Who cares if the question has been asked a hundred times. If you don't want to answer it, <i><b>don't</i></b> answer it. I promise, it won't take that much work. If you're a noob, take some time to search beforehand. If you're just a **** who wants to flame noobs for not knowing any better, keep it to yourself.
    I'm done ranting.
    Thanks for your insight.

Did you happen to notice the size of this thread? It's comprised of approximately 750 threads of people who didn't search. They didn't do their part, made a new thread, and rendered the search function less useful. Every time you post a new worthless thread about the same topic, it dilutes the information a little more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I don't think this will ever happen.
    Hey, at least you're not the Official ClubWRX OG.

edit: Trainrex is a meanie.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Point taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

edit: Trainrex is a meanie.

HKS SSQV BOV is one of the worst mods you can make to a stock turbo wrx. If you wanted a loud BOV so bad, at least could have gotten a recirculatory one such as Turbosmart Dual Port, or the already mentioned Go Fast Bits. Do your research before spending money, someone should just kick you in the ass!

now i always see these threads and i never understood how bad a bov is on a fairly modifiedcar.i got a vf34 tuned with a fmic and turboxs bov and experience no problems.
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

Do the guys on the tour de france use BOVs?

Even with your setup your should be at least 50% recirc. Let the 100% vent go to the big dogs, 500+whp subys.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    Even with your setup your should be at least 50% recirc. Let the 100% vent go to the big dogs, 500+whp subys.
    AFAIK - hp is irrelevant - it's really about the system used for reading airflow. If you convert from MAF to MAP then you should be able to tune correctly and not have the problem. You'll see some people claim that you can switch from MAF Draw through, to MAF blow through - but this is always up for debate. The fact is, MAF is calibrated to read in a draw through setup and while you might be able to move things around and get it running in blow through, it's not properly calibrated.

That being said - you would HOPE that someone who spends the money to get his car up to insane HP levels over stock would also spend the time and money to have things calibrated properly. Active word here being HOPE. For most people though, they just want the BOV sneeze sound and risk it despite common knowledge.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

hola!!!!!

This new 50/50 TXS BOV should be good!!

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162226

Should be just as good as the APS with a much better price....

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    AFAIK - hp is irrelevant - it's really about the system used for reading airflow. If you convert from MAF to MAP then you should be able to tune correctly and not have the problem. You'll see some people claim that you can switch from MAF Draw through, to MAF blow through - but this is always up for debate. The fact is, MAF is calibrated to read in a draw through setup and while you might be able to move things around and get it running in blow through, it's not properly calibrated.

That being said - you would HOPE that someone who spends the money to get his car up to insane HP levels over stock would also spend the time and money to have things calibrated properly. Active word here being HOPE. For most people though, they just want the BOV sneeze sound and risk it despite common knowledge.

Yes. I should have stated someone up that high in power doesn't run the normall engine monitering system. Some one who make huge power with a stand-alone EM

Question about a blow off valve

i just installed a new turbo xs blow off valve on my 06 wrx and it wants to stall sometimes after a hard run is there any ajustments i can make to the blow off valve to stop this from happing?

welcome to the forum, use the search, it's a typical newbie subie ricer question

Quote Originally Posted by illmind View Post
    i just installed a new turbo xs blow off valve on my 06 wrx and it wants to stall sometimes after a hard run is there any ajustments i can make to the blow off valve to stop this from happing?
    Yes, take it off.

Or, find a custom tuning shop to convert your car from MAF to MAP and have it tuned properly, then you should be able to avoid the problem entirely.

You could also try a partial recirc.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I know the secret!!!!

TAKE IT OFF!
    '04 Aspen White STi

bov = Boom
    CGM