"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 548
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If he hooked it up right theres no reason his idle wouldn't normal....

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    If he hooked it up right theres no reason his idle wouldn't normal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes it would, stock bov stays open at idle and recirculates air back, trying to force it to stay shut on a maf based system is not going to work right.

Just put the stocker back on, your causing harm to your car.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

remove the show off valve.

omg i'm going to use that term every time someone does that for their first mod.

Just run without a bov, omg lol!

just to be some what realistic...

If you mention that the average speed is 110 and 130 then the answer of 2 hours still makes sense. only because they don't take off at 130 from stand still doesn't mean they won't make up for the slower times by going more than 110/130... to average something you have a high a low and then everything in the middle. Granted someone is going to argure semantics on who the question was posed but either way the same answer will always come up... "both trains ran higher speeds with out BOV's".

Dude, I've read all of those threads that you just put links to prior to my first post....so im not being lazy, i've searched. Maybe you dont understand my question. Did you watch the video link in my first post? Do you hear the noise that sounds like a BOV when the guy shifts? My question, from the begining, is whether the intake is causeing that noise or if the guy probably has a BOV. Im not asking if you get HP gain from and intake/exhaust, or what the noise is under the hood sinse i put an intake in....all i wanted to know is whether the guy in that video had a BOV or if his intake was causing that noise.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh I definately understand your question... And there is a RBV recirculating bypass valve that you are able to hear more with a sri (short ram intake) You could have found this on 2 of those 3 posts.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks for the strait up answer and the help dude....thats all i was looking for.

Just so everyone is aware. I felt like b*tching today.
    This thread can be good. Make a couple of random clicks, try to find the info you're looking for. If not, ask someone. Isn't that one of the basic reasons for forums in general? Who cares if the question has been asked a hundred times. If you don't want to answer it, <i><b>don't</i></b> answer it. I promise, it won't take that much work. If you're a noob, take some time to search beforehand. If you're just a **** who wants to flame noobs for not knowing any better, keep it to yourself.
    I'm done ranting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

wow the hostility. but craig any more free flowing intake mods done will help make the stock bpv sound louder. not sure about the video because I can not view it at work
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

speaking of flames for not knowing any better, is your sig a joke?

hahaha, yeah BrianH, my sig is a joke. Not to be taken too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe.zavala View Post
    If you mention that the average speed is 110 and 130 then the answer of 2 hours still makes sense. only because they don't take off at 130 from stand still doesn't mean....
    I wasn't arguing with the "2 hours at average speed" answer, rather I was pointing out the impossibility of JR's (wrx wagone) "constant speed" scenario.

Of course, if the train was equipped with a recirculating BOV, then it could indeed achieve an instantaneous velocity of 110/130mph, (infinite acceleration), and redeem JR in the eyes of his forum peers.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Of course, if the train was equipped with a recirculating BOV, then it could indeed achieve an instantaneous velocity of 110/130mph, (infinite acceleration), and redeem JR in the eyes of his forum peers.
    I don't think this will ever happen.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.