"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 547
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sinister I think we have 1 of these posts a week. it's fine! If you're really concerned ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I think we have 1 of these posts a week. it's fine! If you're really concerned about what makes the sound...Use search on the top menu bar like you should have in the first place...
    Yo Sinister, If this is about the question i asked, ya know it would have taken you a quarter of the time that it took you to write this to just answer the question. my question was if some intakes make a slight BOV sound....im not concerned about anything...its not on my car...just wondering, way to be a **** about it.

P.S. I did you the search on the menu bar...it brought me to this thread, and im not about to read through the entire BOV thread that started in 2001.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    well since you're being lazy... I'll go ahead and give you last weeks post on this... like I said.. once a friggen week. Learn how to search it took me less time to search for this than it did to type 3 sentences. Cold Air Intake ..
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    just in case you don't believe me on the once a week comment.. here's the week prior's. SPT performance questions
    Last edited by Sinister; 02-08-2007 at 05:32 PM.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    2006 WRX question

and the week before that. Learn how to use the search function
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

how to install a bov

hey i know its prob one of the most stupidest questions to ask and you guys have prob answered this but i just bought a SSQV bov for my 06 subaru. and i'm just wondering how to do the hoses. i put the ssqv on and i hooked up the stock hosing up to the bov and i pluged up the return hose. and i started the car up and it idles really rough. the engine revs by itself to prevent it from turning off. and then it just putters out. i'm not really sure out to install the hoses or how to set them up. can sumone help

anybody know how to install a bov?

i just got a SSqv for my 06 wrx just wondering how to set up the vac lines for it. =D

I would delete this if I were you. It should have come with instructions. I really hope your serios and not messing around. But I'll tell you how.

1) make sure you have an adapter flange.
    2) remove stock BPV on the I/C, 2 12mm bolts, 1 "pinch" hose clamp, 1 vac line, don't lose or rip or gouge the gasket.
    3) install new BOV onto flange
    4)Plug recirc hose with hose plug, use new wrom type clamp aka screw in type
    5) take gasket and put between I/C and BOV
    6)Bolt on new BOV, make sure you haven't lost the triangluar gasket and is seated properly
    7) Hook up the vac. live to the nipple the size of the ID of the vac. line.
    8) start up the car, make sure the idle is steady, if not you have a leak.
    9) go drive it, make noise, and make sure that your rpms don't drop off when you shift to neutral
    10) come back on the forum, read stickys, FAQ, or SEARCH!!!
    11) install stock BPV

I don't know why I did all this typing!?! I could have been a D**KHEAD and said just search, or just gave him a simple link with no other words

Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post

11) install stock BPV

lol...thats what he will end up doing..
    buuuut its been known that the Go fast Bits Hybrid BoV is the only bov that doesnt cause problems...used on esx sti's. what i heardddd

sorri i'm not joking. but the ssqv didn't come with instructions. so thats why i'm asking but thx dood =D mucho help =D

Quote Originally Posted by d0m0_kun View Post
    i just got a SSqv for my 06 wrx just wondering how to set up the vac lines for it. =D

But he ^^^^^ don't have that

i did all that you told me to but my idle is all ****ed up. plugged up the return hose, reconnected the vac lines and all that but the idle is just reallly crappy. goes up and down

Thats why you should have stuck with the stock BPV. Thats a known issue with BOV's.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by d0m0_kun View Post
    i did all that you told me to but my idle is all ****ed up. plugged up the return hose, reconnected the vac lines and all that but the idle is just reallly crappy. goes up and down

GASKET!?!?!?!?!?

Remeber this:
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzwrx View Post
    11) install stock BPV

yah put in the gasket. everything. one prob is that the ssqv is a knock off . it doesn't have the spring adjuster so i think the bov is leaking prematurelly and i don't know how to adj it ><
    Last edited by d0m0_kun; 02-08-2007 at 10:19 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Shove it in the BOV hole.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.