"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 541
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by subybrown will it hurt my car if i blocked of the bov hole on my intercooler and ...

Quote Originally Posted by subybrown View Post
    will it hurt my car if i blocked of the bov hole on my intercooler and just run on waste gate
    that comment just brained my damage
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    will it hurt my car if i blocked of the bov hole on my intercooler and just run on waste gate
    1. Cut a hole in the box
    2. Stick your junk in that box

That should work. The stock airbox/BOV configuration works OK with this setup.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    1. Cut a hole in the box
    2. Stick your junk in that box

That should work. The stock airbox/BOV configuration works OK with this setup.
    ...It's my junk in a box!!!!!!!!!11111!juan!!!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I like the greddy type-s BOV from this site:
    http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng.htm
    I like it because if you really wanted the sound so bad you could tighten it a bit and achieve that greater sound, but as well it's adjustability allows for a larger turbo and such so everyone is happy and your car still get's that much need air purge back into itself. If you check it out make sure you notice the "Includes hardware to run BOV in 100% recircualtion mode" bit.
    Also I personally like the Type-s because it's what I ran in my eclipse so long ago....
    Stock 04 Wagon goin' for 300awhp
    07 Ninja 250R sprayed
    99 GMC Sierra 2500 w/ C5 vette engine

lol didnt everyone have a type s on thier 4g63?
    whats a signature?

Probably, but most of them weren't running mid 12's
    Stock 04 Wagon goin' for 300awhp
    07 Ninja 250R sprayed
    99 GMC Sierra 2500 w/ C5 vette engine

Talking Volume-adjustable BOV

I just got a GFB WRX Deceptor Pro in-car volume-adjustable blow-off valve. I can't wait to install it and try it out! As per the web site, The Deceptor Pro allows you to go from silent and stealthy to ear shattering in a matter of seconds whilst staying firmly put in your drivers seat! Awwww yeah...! And it only cost me 47,000JPY! (about 390USD)

To clarify for those of you interested, by "volume-adjustable", it means the ratio of recirc to vent can be controlled variably, thereby allowing the volume to be controlled.
    Greetings from Japan!

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by Chilulu View Post
    I just got a GFB WRX Deceptor Pro in-car volume-adjustable blow-off valve. I can't wait to install it and try it out! As per the web site, The Deceptor Pro allows you to go from silent and stealthy to ear shattering in a matter of seconds whilst staying firmly put in your drivers seat! Awwww yeah...! And it only cost me 47,000JPY! (about 390USD)

To clarify for those of you interested, by "volume-adjustable", it means the ratio of recirc to vent can be controlled variably, thereby allowing the volume to be controlled.
    HAHA, I think that is one of the biggest swap meet pieces of garbage I have ever seen!

Block it off? Why would you do that? Just get a miniature fan and blow air back in there. That's where the real power lies. don't tell anyone the trade secret
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I did that once in the '80s, but all it did was make me sleepy and call everyone "dave"
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by bfausett84 View Post
    Probably, but most of them weren't running mid 12's
    Nope. Probably low 12's. Or high 11's.

Sorry, I had to. I LoVe T3H BeeOhVee tread. Wooblyjockstrap!!1!!1!!1!!111!!!1!!invertedcalcium reactor!!!1!!!!1one!!!!111!1!11exclamationpoint!!1 1!twelveteen!!1!11!1!!!11

BTW, what does a BOV have to do with a wastegate? My head hurts. I think what he's suggesting is, he's gonna re-route his exhaust gas into his intake to make the turbo spool better. I'm gonna go mock it up!!! I call pattents on that one! Should be good for 1/2 as much HP as t3h fastor makes. What's that like 18193913 Bertrabajazamillion?
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

Will the goose call BOV make my car fly?! Come on, I know you've all seen that thing on youtube.. if not, look it up.. it's hillarious.
    AP Stage 2- 2006 WRX TR (WRB)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

ok im having trouble finding this SO CALLED "MRT BOV" i wanna hear a sound clip so if you have a link to one of these SO CALLED "MRT BOV's" please post it

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Imprezd02 View Post
    ok im having trouble finding this SO CALLED "MRT BOV" i wanna hear a sound clip so if you have a link to one of these SO CALLED "MRT BOV's" please post it

THANK YOU
    i pity da foo.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.