"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 54
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 790 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You can put any BOV on any IC. I was reading the latest issue of Import Tuner, and they have ...

You can put any BOV on any IC. I was reading the latest issue of Import Tuner, and they have an article about a shop installing a BLITZ FMIC on a WRX. In it, they said that they opted to place the BOV close to the hood scoop, so that the sound would be more audible. Since they chose the placement, that tells me that they can place it elsewhere, but why would you. After all, one gets a BOV so that he can hear it, so my advice to you is to keep it close to the scoop.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont really want to hear it that much I just thought that with a new FMIC you needed a new BOV. Can the Stock be used?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Well, one cool thing about the MRT FMIC other than it being fkn huge is that it retains the fogs and you can use the factory BPV or use any aftermarket WRX BOV kit. It already has a designated location for the BOV so you really don't have a choice.

With the other FMIC's, you would need a universal BOV and an aluminum or steel flange (depending on what kind of piping the FMIC has) to be welded on. I hope this helps.

Ive heard stories that the MRT FMIC has awkward piping that not the best for performance because the pipes must bend around the fogs. Also its a little expensive for me. I still have some time so Im not to worried about it.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Weird Noise After BOV Install??? Advise Please!!!

I just installed a Blitz DD BOV. It works fine except when I let up on the throttle under low boost. There is a strange fluttering noise. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the BOV though. The only other mod I have performed was the removal of the intake silencer. Anybody know what this sound is? Any advice is appreciated.

its the wastegate acuator or something making afluttering noise.. u shoudlve noticed it when u took out just the silencer peice.
    97 VW GTI VR6 Vortech 10psi--SOLD
    03 Platnium Silver WRX Stage4+ - SOLD
    05 Crystal Grey STi

No, with the intake silencer removed the intake was louder and the stock bypass valve could be heard but there was no loud flutter. Should I put the silencer back in? Or just ditch the BOV cause I can't stand that stupid flutter?

Originally posted by MOOGOOKREW
    No, with the intake silencer removed the intake was louder and the stock bypass valve could be heard but there was no loud flutter. Should I put the silencer back in? Or just ditch the BOV cause I can't stand that stupid flutter?
    still the wastegate. i have the flutter w/ the stock BOV and removed silencer.

HKS or Blitz BOV?

Okay which one do you guys prefer? Any major differences between the 2? Thanks.

Eddie

God
    I prefer the sound of the Blitz DD. Personal opinion though.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

100% vented will make your car run rich possibly?
    So you shouldn't go with a 100% unit unless you have engine management preferably?

God
    Doesn't make a difference. I ran 100% atmospheric when stock. Absolutely no problems and no indication of running super rich or anything. It's only open for a split second before the ECU cuts back fuel (since you let off on the gas pedal). Doesn't do anything for power but it's fun.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Thanks Dan, I hate asking stupid questions like that- but in other threads the answer I'm looking for isn't so obvious.. And since I am starting from square 1 (never had interest in modding) I wanna be 100% on stuff so I dont cause damage.

thanks for the info. i talked to some guy that owns a shop and he said that the BOV would actually make the car run rich which would actually hurt performance. this got me thinking not to get it but since you said it's only open for a spit second....... i know this mod is basically for sound but hey i like the sound and its my money to spend. now i just need to decide which one to buy?

eddie

I'm with ya on that... GFB maybe, but some people it doesnt sound as good as the others.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.