"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 53
Page 53 of 788 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how loud and reliable is this bov........or should i go with the type h-rfl. Do i also need this mounting ...

txs bov type h

how loud and reliable is this bov........or should i go with the type h-rfl. Do i also need this mounting bracket thing for 30 bucks for the rfl?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh yeah...what is the cheapest website to order them from..

You should PM 206WRX_GDA. He's trying to get rid of his h-rfl.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Yes....

It's super loud and reliable I guess (I haven't really tested how much it can hold). I've only been running at stock boost, but supposedly, it'll hold higher PSi. As soon as I can get my stock one back on (PITA), I'll post it for sale. If you can't wait for about week, then go ahead and order. Groupbuycenter.com has the lowest prices I've seen, and that's where I got mine. Plus they run pretty cheap on Ebay too. Also, if you buy elsewhere, pick up the WRX adapter kit. If not, you'll need to do some welding I think. I'll try to take it off today though, if not, I'll take it off on the weekend...

B

why is everyone trying to get rid of theirs? is a new bov just a stupid thing...or does it lower performance...or is it just annoying....what should i buy instead of a bov u guys think...i already did the whole intake silencer removal...would it be worth spending the money on a cai? or is that just stupid....

If I had your setup, instead of a BOV, I'd be looking at EBC. Some people like the noise, including myself. This one is just too loud for me....

Originally posted by aaronwillen
    why is everyone trying to get rid of theirs? is a new bov just a stupid thing...or does it lower performance...or is it just annoying....what should i buy instead of a bov u guys think...i already did the whole intake silencer removal...would it be worth spending the money on a cai? or is that just stupid....

seems to me that everyone is kinda getting annoyed with their after market blow off valves...I put in a cold air intake and the factory blow off valve is audible...so if you want some of the noise but not too much I'd recommend an Intake...I don't know if it really has a great advantage on a short ram intake since our cars are turbo and it is a huge temp. difference over naturally aspirated motors, but I am completely satisfied with my intake. (I have the aem polished) Oh and one more thing...cleaning the filter is going to be a ***** though, thats a disadvantage of the CAI. i simply went for the CAI so you can't see the filter and just see a pipe leaving the engine bay.

Question Greddy Type-S Universal BOV and flange question

I'll be getting a Greddy FMIC next week, but had a question about the Greddy Type-S universal BOV. It appears that there is no flange for our cars that fit the universal BOV so I was wondering if I could use like the flange HKS sells for their universal BOV. I suppose if worse came to worse I could have the local welding place fabricate some kind of custom flange so it would fit. I'm I totally off track in regards to the flange? Should any flange work?? Sorry fo the dumb questions, but I wanna make sure I get the right info before I make a purchase. Anyways, does anyone know more about this? Also, what would be an ideal location to put the BOV in the FMIC piping? Thanks in advance.

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    The Type-S BOV flange is a flat piece with two bolt holes whereas the HKS SSQV flange uses a large circlip. You cannot use one for the other. You need to get a GReddy universal aluminum BOV flange and have it welded to your pipes. Part # 11900451. I can get it to you for $34.02 shipped (paypal is mark.myers@urec.net). Other places can do it as well. Usually people put the BOV on the last pipe before the throttle body with the outlet of the BOV pointing downstream. PM me if you want a photo or have Q's about ordering.
    Anyone else should be able to get it for you as well.
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

Awesome...thanks. Can you PM me some pix. Thanks.

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    Pardon the mess; it's a temporary setup until the T3/T04E setup gets installed (next week). The FMIC is GReddy, the BOV is Blitz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails greddypipe.jpg  
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

Looks good..thanks.

phreeze,

Is that car yours the one in blue with those polish lip wheels. If yes, do you have a bigger picture and what kind is it...

email me
    ncraan@aol.com

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Well it is my car but the pic is photoshopped. The rims are BBS LM's. I believe they price at 800 per wheel.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

I saw a HKS on a different FMIC on a Turbo RS but I think the principle still applies. On one of the pipes he welded a flange onto the pipe and attached the HKS SSQ on it.
    -z