"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 527
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; with proper A/F tuning is it alright to do? i just like that sound, and when i get my rex, ...

with proper A/F tuning is it alright to do? i just like that sound, and when i get my rex, id like to put one on if its safe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are tons of threads and tons of info on the subject..

what it boils down to is the sound is really not worth the effort/money it takes to have one on the car and run safely.

oh and im goning to apoligize now because people really get dirty when bov's are metioned.

also there are many many first mods that would be more benifitial.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think there are many fans here, of after-market BOVs.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I don't think there are many fans here, of after-market BOVs.
    Yeah ive gathered that from some of the other threads i read, lol

and sigurd, it wasnt going to be my first mod btw, exhaust was

you cant tune for it with oone maf, you need a tripple mass air flow, and stand alone enging manegement to be safe. <-thats what i have been told

also, i was readin import tuner from a while ago and they actually put open atmosphere blow off valves down. i was really suprised.
    07 white STi in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Scott989 View Post
    Yeah ive gathered that from some of the other threads i read, lol

and sigurd, it wasnt going to be my first mod btw, exhaust was
    sounds good. Just remember your not gonna get any power out of it just noise. But its such a beautifull noise. Accually I get my cobb cbe tomorow.

I was even more inclined to ask about them because as i was filling up my car the other day, a nice white EVO MR rolled by and had such a loud BOV, it was beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Scott989 View Post
    I was even more inclined to ask about them because as i was filling up my car the other day, a nice white EVO MR rolled by and had such a loud BOV, it was beautiful
    The way i see it is the BOV is to show off what you have in your car. Since your stock you really dont have anything to show off so I think its dumb. Its bad for your car anywayz.
    CGM

You know it sounds cool and all I guess. But I still think, even if you dont think so now that it would get old really quick. But maby thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurd View Post
    You know it sounds cool and all I guess. But I still think, even if you dont think so now that it would get old really quick. But maby thats just me.
    I like the whine from my Downpipe. The thing sounds awesome! I get compliments all the time.
    CGM

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Nobody actually has anything to point to the long term affects but having A/F ratio messed up.

Im still not convinced its that detrimental to the engine, maybe your cats but thats all.

BOV has a real good purpose, rather then recirculating warm air back into the intake thus reducing the temperature you vent it to the atmosphere and use fresh intake air only.

if you have an aftermarket exhaust.....put a BOV on your car and you will be spitting flames and making noise. Then put back your stock BPV and you will not have that whoooosh noise but with the silencer delete it will take car of that, but anyways the stocker will not make your car pop or spit flames.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

This thread sucks.
    CGM

I like pie.
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I like pie.
    pie = 3.14
    D@VID
    2002 F150 s-crew
    07R6/08ZX-10
    STILL Hawk Eye Alliance #31
    "your drive should not be to outdo others,but to outdo yourself"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.