"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 526
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; man i love how the newbies still continue to have their 1st post regarding a BOV, MBC or CAI....

man i love how the newbies still continue to have their 1st post regarding a BOV, MBC or CAI.
    My lug nuts need more torque then your Honda makes!! :P (Stolen from subaru_crazy)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The SARD R2D2 bov comes with an adapter to attach it to the intercooler Y-pipe and a block off plate for the stock bpv location. I would see if SARD sells them.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Yes sir, I know we have AWD, and a mustang dyno can be a AWD dyno. Not sure if you know the differences between dyno's but if I made 270awhp on a mustang dyno that would mean about 310 on a dynojet or some other jank crap dyno. I wasn't shooting for glory numbers like most people I wanted the best tune possible, and a lot of people like urself get confused I guess when I say I only made 270awhp. But I think I'm going with a forge recirculating anyways, i've had atmoshperic bov's and none of them work in the first place, just thought that one sounded pretty sweet. But compressor surge is no good so scratch that idea. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CKxx View Post
    Blast from the past on my part...I havent posted in, like, a year.

Anyway, it may be the stock BOV, and probably is. If you run an open-element filter where the airbox used to be, thats pretty much exactly how it sounds.
    open element filter? intake?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    What exactly is it about wastegate flutter that causes this sound? I'd bet with the wastegate welded shut it would still be producing that sound.
    Im almost certain, its all in the actuator... some are different then others. I could be wrong but i've heard it before and it was always a wastegate sound.

It couldn't be the stock BOV because thats not the sound it makes, and it wouldn't allow compressor surge. The only way it could be compressor surge is if its aftermarket BOV thats not allowing boost venting.

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Im almost certain, its all in the actuator... some are different then others. I could be wrong but i've heard it before and it was always a wastegate sound.

It couldn't be the stock BOV because thats not the sound it makes, and it wouldn't allow compressor surge. The only way it could be compressor surge is if its aftermarket BOV thats not allowing boost venting.

not exactly a wastegate sound however it is a compressor surge sound.

I had minor surge on my stock Evo VIII with only an exhaust and intake on it. It wasn't audible until most of the intake tract was ripped out.

heavy spring or a slow to respond setup with a stock bov is what that sound is.

that is compressor surge...the worst thing to have w a turbo...the hks is a single high pitched noise...ill have to look for a clip
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07 View Post
    Both of you are wrong.

Thats a sound from the turbo charger itself, not any BOV. Although he might have a BOV thats not what you're thinking of.

Its called Compressor Surge, and its not a good sound. But it does sound tight.
    I thought that compressor surge was bad for your car. + it kinda sounds like an EWG hahahah

I would love to know what an EWG sounds like.

I've had 38MM & 44MM wastegates both TiAL and NEITHER sounded anything like that.

ohh ahhah nicee 38 mm tial

this thread isnt making any foward progress but i will keep an eye on it.by the second page there has been 5+ diagnostics on this issues good luck on getting your question answered!

BOV = long term engine damage?

I heard this and was wondering if true, what exactly does it do, and could it be fixed?

CGM

obsurdly helpful

hmm heres a pictoral analogy.

Your engine is the kid running. Your bov is the impreza.

Its really not a good idea unless you are tuned for it. Running for extended periods of time with the wrong A/F ratio can cause major problems.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.