"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 520

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by SonnyOlivera. what about the aps dual vent bov? could you get away with tht. it recircualtes and ...

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyOlivera. View Post
    what about the aps dual vent bov?

could you get away with tht. it recircualtes and lets off a pssshht
    no.... you need one that fully recirculates...but its ur car do what u want... just dont come crying on here when u mess up ur car
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alright ill just keep it stock =]

To help you understand things a little better on your own... I love this FAQ list from another forums: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Read up and learn!
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I agree with everyone that is saying No to BOV's. I was in this same position. I wanted a BOV so bad that i would do anything for that PSH noise, but then i did research and found out that it is bad for your a/f ratio. So what i did was bought a Short Ram SPT intake which gives it a little psh although i know intakes aren't the greatest for your car, but they dont harm it. after i got the intake, i wasnt happy with how loud that psh was, i mean, i was able to hear it, and people outside were able to hear it, but then i heard there was an intake silencer, so i took that out too. After i took out my intake silencer, it sounded a little better and not only did i get that psh noise i wanted, but i also took some 7lbs of weight out of my car by removing that intake silencer. If you want the psh noise that bad, and you want the bov. i mean, it is your car, do what you want, but what i recommend is an intake and a silencer removal. Not saying that intake is good for your car, but it is the best choice for a psh noise.

there you go

where can i get a greddy bolt on flange for my bov?

i got a bov for my sti and i need bolt on flange for it. where can i get one?

CGM

Thumbs up

Dang It!! I clicked on that! lol
    2006 WRX Sport Wagon CGM
    Mods - K&N Airfilter, Cobb Catback, Cobb Adjustable Rear Swaybar & Mounts, Cobb Rear Endlinks, Cobb Front Swaybar, Tein H-Techs, Paranoid Fabrications Rear Shims, Painted Headlight Housings, 40% Tint.

Hawk-Eye Alliance #56

Your link doesnt work.....

Seriously though, he didnt ask whether or not a BOV was good he asked where he could get a flange. He already bought the damn thing so if he wants to put it on thats his business. Either help him or leave him alone.

To the OP: He is right though. You probably dont want that BOV on your car. As far as flanges, I could only find weld on flanges for greddy. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post

Dang It!! I clicked on that! lol
    haha i was hopin someone would.
    CGM

JBWeld

For those thinking of a aftermarket BOV!!

I was experimenting with my car again using an aftermarket bov. I have been running a greddy bov atmospheric for a long time now and decided to see if switching to the stock bov would make the car run any better. And guess what, it did. Do not put an aftermarket BOV on your subie if you are running under 22 psi. The stock BOV more than adequate and makes a better pshht than the aftermarket did anyways. My car is tuned with around 240awh and runs about 18psi. With the greddy BOV i was always getting creeps and spikes and ran like ****e and burned way more gas. After switching to the stock the shifts are so smooth and have almost 0 creep and havnt had 1 spike yet. The recirc runs so much better for our cars than an atmospheric until highly tuned. The power pull has never been smoother. So i urge anyone who is thinking about an aftermarket BOV to reconsider and if you have already installed one, reintall the stock one back. if you are looking for an airhorne sound from a bov buy an srt4.
    13.3 @103mph 03 wrx blue

i clicked
    13.3 @103mph 03 wrx blue

Quote Originally Posted by dijitaled View Post
    I was experimenting with my car again using an aftermarket bov. I have been running a greddy bov atmospheric for a long time now and decided to see if switching to the stock bov would make the car run any better. And guess what, it did. Do not put an aftermarket BOV on your subie if you are running under 22 psi. The stock BOV more than adequate and makes a better pshht than the aftermarket did anyways. My car is tuned with around 240awh and runs about 18psi. With the greddy BOV i was always getting creeps and spikes and ran like ****e and burned way more gas. After switching to the stock the shifts are so smooth and have almost 0 creep and havnt had 1 spike yet. The recirc runs so much better for our cars than an atmospheric until highly tuned. The power pull has never been smoother. So i urge anyone who is thinking about an aftermarket BOV to reconsider and if you have already installed one, reintall the stock one back. if you are looking for an airhorne sound from a bov buy an srt4.
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

No seriously, Im glad you warned us all about the dangers of BOV's, since this exact subject doesnt come up EVERY SINGLE DAY in this forum, and we all have no clue how horrible they really are..... we owe you a world of thanks.

the only aftermarket you should ever get for the wrx or sti is the adjustable 50/50 recirc valves....like the APS one. They are the only thing safe for the car and the only ones designed around the stock bpv.

Quote Originally Posted by dijitaled View Post
    i clicked
    nOOb
    CGM