"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 52
Page 52 of 788 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152552 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by wrx2ner1 i got a GFB BOV. but i didnt get the directions. now i dont know how ...

Re: How Do U Install Gfb Bov?????

Originally posted by wrx2ner1
    i got a GFB BOV. but i didnt get the directions. now i dont know how to install it. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME IF U KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT INSTALLING THIS THING. its just sitting in my glove box. also please tell me how to put it from 50/50 to 100% atmosphere. THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Where ya located? I noticed that you've posted in the Mid-Atlantic forum. Maybe me or someone else around here could help you slap that thing on.
    Matt
    WRX-less, now RSX-y!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok I just put mine in last week.

When you open the package you should have:

an Allen head wrench
    A Blocking cap that says GFB on it
    the BOV itself
    two bolts

When we received the BOV it was already set with the plate attached to the BOV. So it was venting 100% atmosphere. We didn't want to vent 50% so we just put it on the way it came in the box. First we loosened the Intercooler mounts (to the left and the right of the intercooler). You will need to do this inorder to get the old BOV out and put the new one in. Then there will be a hose that had to be taken off of the old BOV you have to use the GFB blocking cap to plug this hose. Then just re attach the little hose that runs to the left hand side of the BOV if you are facing the car and you are done.

2000 Cougar heavily modded!!!
    2002 WRX GFB BOV, AEM short ram,
    JoeP going on soon.
    1998 Eclipse GS AEM SR, UDP,
    Taylor Wires
    1997 Prelude AEM CAI and Taylor Wires

Here.

I wrote a tutorial, but I can't find it ANYWHERE.

-Jim

i live in baltimore maryland.

i live in baltimore maryland.
    Simple then: Drive to my shop and give me $35. BOV installed.

-Jim

wth $35????no thanks

wth $35????no thanks
    Then stop writing about it and install the silly thing.

-Jim

Gfb Bov

i was wondering if the GFB BOV for the 2001 model fits for all the other models
    i have a 2002 model

Hks Bov

Ive been looking at Front Mount Intercoolers and a new blow off valve for down the road when i have enough money and the mods that warrant these 2 items. Will the HKS WRX BOV mount to the MRT FMIC? If so where would I install the BOV. I know my way around cars but this is the first turbo one i have worked on and i do not know much about where the BOV is placed. thanks for you help
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    I believe any bov will work with any type of intercooler. Im not sure though so I thought I would reply to give you a bump.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

done a search..help w/ bov question!

i recently purchased a used (5k miles) gfb bov from a very reputable source, and of course with my luck on the second day i got it i was switching it from 50 to 100% and the nipple that the small hose connects to BROKE OFF! yes, needless to say i was pissed. anyways, fortunately it broke off inside the actual bov, seemingly at the base, so for the meantime i am able to keep the bov on the car b/c the nipple sits down inside the bov without coming out, all while still being connected to the hose. my question is this. ever since this has happened , especially on slower 1/2 throttle shifts, there is a fluttering noise that seems to come frm the turbo or at least the turbos general area, THEN the bov does its thing. is this fluttering due to the fact that the hose and nipple arent making an air tight seal? thats all i can think of unless of course this is the sound that its supposed to make. any comments?

btw, i have some jbweld that im going to be using to put the nipple back on , this should work correct?
    thanks!!
    2002 PSM WRX Sdn

Yes. Sounds like the BOV may not be seeing full vacuum and therefore not opening fully when the throttle plate closes.

JBWeld or any other epoxy should hold it together. Just make sure that you don't clog the line.
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

I hate to rag on a manufacturer, and I'm sure they will replace the parts ASAP, but GFB=GFJunk, IMO.

Go with TXS, Forge, or APS should you decide to trade up.

-Jim

I know a guy with the forge (hint:Phast). It sounds verrrry nice . Unlike all the others I have heard, it does not produce a lingering PPSSSHHHhhhhh... sound, but rather makes a very clipped and controlled PSSHH. It is likely what I will choose if I ever feel the need to swap my OE bypass valve.

On the topic of the GFB; Jim may have a point regarding quality issues. I have read several reports of users who found that the piston jammed and had to be regularly lubricated, and others who found that the spring needed to be shimmed with extra washers to attain correct operation.

Even though you purchased it used, I would recommend that you try to pursue a warranty replacement.

-Pace

thanks guys, i ll probably end up sellin it and getting an APS. anybody know the best place to get one?
    2002 PSM WRX Sdn