"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 516

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WR Wreck's Great thread! I don't post a lot . This is my first turbo car so ...

  1. #7726
    Registered User PJO42387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DF-DUB
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by WR Wreck's View Post
    Great thread!

    I don't post a lot .

    This is my first turbo car so I am learning.

    I'm an "older" guy I guess, and I do like the Psst sound.

    Plus I thought it made my car faster

    But after reading all this, my BOV is coming off!

    Thanks guys for the info!

    WR

    I thought only 17 year old badasses could drive teh faster WRX.
    CGM

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #7727
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    I thought only 17 year old badasses could drive teh faster WRX.
    Your point?

  4. #7728
    Registered User PJO42387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DF-DUB
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by WR Wreck's View Post
    Your point?
    It went right over your head
    CGM

  5. #7729
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    It went right over your head
    No it didn't.

    Just wanted you to clarify.

    I was right.

    You'll grow up some day.....

    And maybe then you'll have a fast car to keep up with your mouth.

    WR

  6. #7730
    Registered User PJO42387's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    DF-DUB
    Posts
    2,386
    Oh my Goodness. First off you wrote: ''Im an older guy''. The comment i made was sarcastic because there seems to be alot of totally awesome teens drivin the subies and getting LED's and BOV's. I never attacked you in any way so you need to take a chill pill.
    CGM

  7. #7731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Holy Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,385
    If a BOV goes Psssssssshhhhhtttttt in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a stock WRX run rich between shifts?

  8. #7732
    Registered User Robman7835's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    York PA
    Posts
    173
    ^^^^
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

  9. #7733
    Registered User ScstealthVR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Currently CO (CA orig.)
    Posts
    935
    now youre saying u need a bov (which youve been supporting all along) to make an exhaust loud (something u apparently hate) ?? ok.... so a bov makes exhaust louder which u dont like so therefore u dont like BOVs! yay finally we came to a conclusion! thread closed.

  10. #7734
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 661 white sti View Post
    also take out the turbo scliencer in the fender ull hear ur turbo it makes the car sound great
    what is the turbo silencer and how do u remove it?

  11. #7735
    Registered User scooby2.0t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    salisbury,MD
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Go to Nabisco. This website does not need know it all ##### members. There are plenty over there for you to join with. I don't see how you justify coming over here with you forty some posts and try to make people on this board who have thousands of posts sound like idiots. They are smart because they have more experience with wrx's than you ever will.
    we all gotta respect our elders
    2002 WRB WRX- XPT Stage 2 Awaiting 25% more displacement!!

    got grip?

  12. #7736
    Registered User scooby2.0t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    salisbury,MD
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by STI.dreams View Post
    i think its the fact that they dont sound like anything else, they are i distinct sound that you easily recognize... no other plain four turbo'd or not has the same growl...
    thats exactly what it is! you hear a wrx or sti or other subarus for that matter and you almost automaticly know thats a subaru!!
    2002 WRB WRX- XPT Stage 2 Awaiting 25% more displacement!!

    got grip?

  13. #7737
    Moderator Donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Da boonies
    Posts
    6,001
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi View Post
    yes that is true, I had forgotten about that for the new 06's in my post....the only 100 percent recirc valve made thats aftermarket is Turbo XS's brand new one called the Type-H Racing Bypass Valve. You can get it at rallysportdirect.com....thats the only site I have checked so far that carries it. Others probably do as well.
    Not true. Forge,Perrin,APS makes them. And some of the amospheric bov's have a kit you can buy to make them recirculate %100.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S




  14. #7738
    Registered User foxhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    356

    BOV question?

    SO i have heard a lot people sayt that a BOV for your subie sucks. and i was wondering why that was so? Why does everyone hate the BOV? just wondering.

  15. #7739
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Troy, MI
    Posts
    372
    cause a bov shot my dog and stole my truck
    2002 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stg 1

    "You just got beat by a station wagon!!!"

  16. #7740
    Registered User gregor2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Couv, WA
    Posts
    0
    The reason why our cars do not like them is because we use a bpv to recirculate air instead of venting it to the atmosphere. It already accounts for the recirculated airflow when determining the right amount of fuel to mix with the air. If you vent instead of recirculate, then the mix will be incorrect and that leads to poor performance and possible harm to your engine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •